Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka T1X when will it be available

Options
  • 29-05-2018 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Seems like forever since they were announced. Had heard they were due April/May but still no sign. Called gmk and they said they hoped that they would start shipping end of July :(

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Could be months after even the UK get it before we do. Depends on quantity they get, and what they choose to send over here, then how quick you can get to a dealer before they sell out.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭dSleeper

Cass wrote: »
    Could be months after even the UK get it before we do. Depends on quantity they get, and what they choose to send over here, then how quick you can get to a dealer before they sell out.

He said they ate going out in the order they were ordered.

Apparently its now slipped out to Sept/October..

A few .17 are in uk and will be shipped imminently. Only 1 per dealer or thereabouts. Some more will be shipped in September with remainder in October. Unfortunately .22 will be October.

dSleeper wrote: »
    Apparently its now slipped out to Sept/October..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭German pointer

dSleeper wrote:
    A few .17 are in uk and will be shipped imminently. Only 1 per dealer or thereabouts. Some more will be shipped in September with remainder in October. Unfortunately .22 will be October.

Don't suppose anyone has a bulls notion as to price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Don't suppose anyone has a bulls notion as to price?
    Paul O'Halloran in Drangan quoted me €650 for a 17HMR.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

Quote from UK forum airgunbbs.com today.............

Well that was a bit short lived. Picked it up yesterday, returned it this morning. Lovely gun but quite a few quality issues with it. Firstly the action was quite marked up with light scratches here and there. Especially in the scope rail. Something weird was going on underneath the bluing in some places. Looked to me like rust starting to come through. Magazine was pitted on one side and looked awful to me. And to top it off, the bolt was scored. Deep enough that I could hear my fingernail clicking as it ran across it.
    I know that this is only a £500 gun, but I expected better from Tikka.

Anyhoo, on the positive, it’s beautiful to shoulder, light and well balanced, lovely stock and looks better in real life than the pictures. Quality issues aside, I Like it.
    Roll on September for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

tac foley wrote: »
    Quote from UK forum airgunbbs.com today.............

Well that was a bit short lived. Picked it up yesterday, returned it this morning. Lovely gun but quite a few quality issues with it. Firstly the action was quite marked up with light scratches here and there. Especially in the scope rail. Something weird was going on underneath the bluing in some places. Looked to me like rust starting to come through. Magazine was pitted on one side and looked awful to me. And to top it off, the bolt was scored. Deep enough that I could hear my fingernail clicking as it ran across it.
    I know that this is only a £500 gun, but I expected better from Tikka.

Anyhoo, on the positive, it’s beautiful to shoulder, light and well balanced, lovely stock and looks better in real life than the pictures. Quality issues aside, I Like it.
    Roll on September for a replacement.

I wonder could the Beretta take-over be the downfall of tikka? I didn't hear anything bad about the T3x though
    I think we're seeing stocking issues because theres a huge demand in the US for tikka rifles now an their probably pumping them out as quick as possible which could mean more quality control issues could be missed?:confused:
    Anyway any sign of the T1x coming out in 17wsm?

dSleeper wrote: »

They’re in..a few shops have 1 or 2..
    Only the .17hmr for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭GooseB

• Advertisement

GooseB wrote: »
    They are so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭alanmc

Have the .22lr versions landed here yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

alanmc wrote: »

Seen one in tom kellys in lahardane the 16" barrel version looked to be a very neat rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,504 ✭✭✭tac foley

One of our club members has it in .22 - I'm hoping he'll be there tomorrow so that I can get my paws on it at last. Not in the market for one, mind, as I already have seven .22 rifles, but nothing is newer than 1963.....

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

alanmc wrote: »

Seen one in Irish Shooting Sports lately, no doubt gone by now. I had intended to get one but then I saw the new CZ 457’s coming out and they look nice. Going to the British Shooting Show next month so I’ll be able to see them both in the flesh and make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Benny mcc

Seen them in Kelly's myself the other night. Nice but after seeing them they're just another rifle

Sportsden have both .17 and .22

Advertisement