Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Microwave and Time Machine forum

• 22-09-2007 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Pretty self explanatory really, and clearly needed as this thread illustrates.

** Myself and Wertz I wish to put myself forward as a potential moderator.

It is a shared feeling of supporters of the forum that Microwave technology and Time Machine technology are inherently linked.

Also, please consider the 'Back to the Future' documentary as a sub forum, and 'Flux Capacitor' as a sub-sub-forum.

Thank you.

We are in no way affiliated with the Lizard people.

** Wertz is clearly not mod material based on recent posts in the linked thread.

Yay or Nay? 18 votes

YaY!!
    5% 1 vote
    Nay :-(
    94% 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,245 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well it's quite clear that this is what Boards has been missing for all these years, the internet forums "missing link", and I have no hesitation in supporting it. Will we be able to discuss those hand mixer thingies in it as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I constantly find myself unable to post my microwave and time machine related enquires on boards as there is no forum to post them in.A new forum would be most welcome.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No offence to yourself and Wertz but I doubt the two of ye could handle a forum like this on your own. Lets be realistic the sheer amount of traffic a forum like this would be immense (easily more than after hours). Could this forum be the first to have a moderator count in the double figures? I think it would need it.

I also believe it should allow anonymous posting for some of the more uncomfortable and embarrising topics that will arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

No offence to yourself and Wertz but I doubt the two of ye could handle a forum like this on your own. Lets be realistic the sheer amount of traffic a forum like this would be immense (easily more than after hours). Could this forum be the first to have a moderator count in the double figures? I think it would need it.

You may well be right, I'm sure there are plenty of valid candidates for the job, including those who have already expressed their interest and support of the forum.

This forum could also serve as a fantastic marketing tool for boards.ie

'Boards.ie is so varied they have forums discussing everything from Politics, Fashion, Sports, DIY, and even a 'Microwaves and Time Machines forum'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

great idea!

• Advertisement

zaph wrote:
    Well it's quite clear that this is what Boards has been missing for all these years, the internet forums "missing link", and I have no hesitation in supporting it.

Your support has not gone unnoted brother.

zaph wrote:
    Will we be able to discuss those hand mixer thingies in it as well?

If the hand mixer in question is being used/could be utilised to make your own time travelling device, then yes of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Robster wrote:
    I constantly find myself unable to post my microwave and time machine related enquires on boards as there is no forum to post them in.A new forum would be most welcome.

+ 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

if this isnt made into a forum i will go back in time with my microwave and propose it again with a better sales pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Microwaves and Time Machines get a thumbs up. The Rigger* gets a thumbs down. Damn. It's tough...

*1 of many reasons: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055153758 He's trouble, that boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Why not..support plus a haon on the conditions of the BTTF subforum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

zaph wrote:
    Will we be able to discuss those hand mixer thingies in it as well?
    Sssh! ... that's a touchy subject with certain western-based moderators! >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

big thumbs up from me, it's needed badly tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I would like to put myself forward for moderatorship of the upcoming "microwaves and time machines" forum.
    I believe i am suitable because i own a microwave and am currently working on purifying the zarthon crystals needed to stabilize the time field that stops you from aging or being un-born while the world outside the field changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I know where to get cheap microwaves, down at the dump theres xray machines and if you batter them enough, you feel all warm and tingly, I assume that a good thing.

Also I put my mobile in the microwave, ten seconds exactly and...

The screen goes like a photo negative, and you can no longer hear it ring.

This means you can only read a text in the dark and dont know if you're being called, vibration died too.

So...If you hate being bother while out and about this is perfect!

"Why not turn it on silent!" you may say,

I may reply "yore ma", or that this way you cant receive the inherant grief from the woman, man, wife, beast etc. that is your other half giving out that you dont answer the phone and its your fault you put it on silent,

now you cant be blamed, "sure the phones Fu**ed, not my fault"

Like a lobotomy for the phone, Hurra for science! And thus is my application for modship, or honourary membership.

Also I'm from the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well, I can only support this forum. I don't think anyone couldn't to be honest!

I would like it if this forum would allow at least some discussion on the theory that when a microwave is placed in front of a washing machine on the spin cycle there can be temporal fluxes akin to those on the outer edges of wormholes.

I know, I know...it's controversial and probably won't gain much credence from the more serious 'microwave and time machine' scholars but we do need to discuss the validity or otherwise of this 'theory'!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,209 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The-Rigger wrote:
    Wertz is clearly not mod material based on recent posts in the linked thread.
    I'm surprised and disappointed. addtoast.jpg

[mutters] Noobs these days! Bloody useless .... [/mutters]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Is this supposed to be funny :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,398 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Victor, I'm surprised and dissapointed at you!

See here

[mutters]Old hands think they know it all but technology passes them by :rolleyes:[/mutters] :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well, I can only support this forum. I don't think anyone couldn't to be honest!

I would like it if this forum would allow at least some discussion on the theory that when a microwave is placed in front of a washing machine on the spin cycle there can be temporal fluxes akin to those on the outer edges of wormholes.

I know, I know...it's controversial and probably won't gain much credence from the more serious 'microwave and time machine' scholars but we do need to discuss the validity or otherwise of this 'theory'!

Some would strike you down for such far out thinking but here on boards we would be able to discuss something like this freely. Now while your theory has some obvious flaws I think with a bit of tweaking it could work. You are definitely on to something Del and it needs to be explored further.

Of course, this forum should be an inclusive one where new ideas are encouraged and discussed, not shouted down and ridiculed.

Victor, I'm surprised and dissapointed at you!

See here

[mutters]Old hands think they know it all but technology passes them by :rolleyes:[/mutters] :p

Indeed, I was about to link to similar, I almost purchased one of these babies before. A toaster, and a radio, togther at last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

+1 here.

Especially if the toaster is included. I'm so fed up of the 1st piece of toast being underdone and the 4th piece being overdone. Something needs to be done about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This is an important venture that should - nay MUST - be supported. Count me in.
    Is this supposed to be funny :confused:
    Ah you're only a newbie - you'll learn. Wait a minute... you're here longer than me and you've way more posts? Now I'M the one to make use of the :confused: smiley.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

+1, found this on tinternet, so there must be science behind it !!!

Microwave time machine

HERE is a piece of research of potentially great significance. It began when Jeff Lander was having dinner at his sister's home. She had gone back into the kitchen to microwave the pudding. Then she shouted out: "What time do I cook it for? The package says 3 minutes for a 650-watt machine and 2 minutes 30 seconds for a 750-watt machine, but mine is 850 watts."

Her son immediately shouted back "2 minutes", to which Lander replied: "But you are assuming that there is a direct relationship." However, by this time, Lander says, the family's brains were sufficiently befuddled with alcohol for nobody to grapple with the mathematical conundrum.

Thinking about it later, Lander realised that if there were a linear relationship between cooking time and microwave power then in this example the cooking time reduces to zero for a 1250-watt machine, while a more powerful one would give negative cooking times. At first he shrugged off the implications of this - until he checked in his freezer and found a packaged meal that had the following microwave instructions: "650-watt - 6 minutes; 750-watt - 5 minutes; 850-watt - 4 minutes."
    Lander now had three data points and, it seemed, indisputable proof of a direct relationship - and, once again, a cooking time of zero for a 1250-watt machine. With mounting excitement, he realised that the 1250-watt microwave oven is the answer to the world's energy crisis. What's more, above 1250 watts the microwave must become a type of time machine...

Please note that I requested the poll to stay open until October 1st, but due to a glitch in the time space continuum, it became construed as September 24th.

I am confident that if the forum were to be created, that the bright minds that frequent boards could resolve this glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The-Rigger wrote:
    Please note that I requested the poll to stay open until October 1st, but due to a glitch in the time space continuum, it became construed as September 24th.

I am confident that if the forum were to be created, that the bright minds that frequent boards could resolve this glitch.

Or you could turn the microwave up to 1500-watts and go back and sort it out :D

jester77 wrote:
    Or you could turn the microwave up to 1500-watts and go back and sort it out :D

I could, but as Doc Brown would tell you, altering something that has already happened in the past can have disastrous consequence to the future..future... if you get what he means... etc

So while I could attempt to go back in time and change the poll closing date, and while this might work, the consequence might be something disastrous such as boards disappearing into a wormhole, or women being born without vaginas, etc.

A risk I for one, am not willing to take.

jester77 wrote:
    I'm so fed up of the 1st piece of toast being underdone and the 4th piece being overdone. Something needs to be done about this!

That's where the time machine part comes into it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,245 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The-Rigger wrote:

That in itself is a problem, but not nearly as worrying as the fact that there are 3 people out there who cannot see the great benefits to humanity that this forum will provide. There's nothing worse than a critic without vision.

zaph wrote:
    That in itself is a problem, but not nearly as worrying as the fact that there are 3 people out there who cannot see the great benefits to humanity that this forum will provide. There's nothing worse than a critic without vision.

I think the reason those people said nay was because the sheer volume of traffic this forum would get would near impossible to moderate and they were trying to save the future moderators from having to mod it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

you know when someone says something you`ve been thinking...this isnt one of those times.
    Id like to go back in time to maybe re-experience them again so obv +1.

Advertisement