Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo Data speed throttling after 80gb of data used

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,289 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

cencglob wrote: »
    your mama must be so proud

Look your cheapskate plan didn't work out. Don't cry about it. Next time just take the time to read the details when signing up to these things.

You're trying to claim that you were lied to or that the detail of the deal was obscured from you. But it wasn't at any point. You not taking the time to read is no ones fault but your own.

At worst it's cost you twenty quid thus far and you're not tied into anything... So you're free to jump to a more suitable provider for you and your Nan's daily Netflix needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭robbiep958

Well GOMO and can go do one becuase i found a work around on there throttling LOL ... i can now download as i please .. And yes what you is saying is correct ... Whats the definition of unlimited??? Thats how the advertise .. always fooling people

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cencglob

lawred2 wrote: »
    Look your cheapskate plan didn't work out. Don't cry about it. Next time just take the time to read the details when signing up to these things.

You're trying to claim that you were lied to or that the detail of the deal was obscured from you. But it wasn't at any point. You not taking the time to read is no ones fault but your own.

At worst it's cost you twenty quid thus far and you're not tied into anything... So you're free to jump to a more suitable provider for you and your Nan's daily Netflix needs.

Unlimited not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.

Eir/GoMo - Reads the small print - Is limited by number quantity and extent.

Shilling for scumbag marketing policies, attack vulnerable people.

Keep on posting, let's have more of this.

Unlimited not limited or restricted in terms of number, quantity, or extent.

Eir/GoMo - Reads the small print - Is limited by number quantity and extent.

Shilling for scumbag marketing policies, attack vulnerable people.

Keep on posting, let's have more of this.

What's vulnerable about you?

Dimwitted Troll

"Its not about me, I know of plenty of people older, and others less tech savvy who will take a blingy fake advertisement on good faith.

Its not my job to go around and clean up the lies Eir's wankaeteers have created."

• Advertisement

Dimwitted Troll

"Its not about me, I know of plenty of people older, and others less tech savvy who will take a blingy fake advertisement on good faith.

Its not my job to go around and clean up the lies Eir's wankaeteers have created."

Good Lord. Take it to comreg will you. See how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Could melt...

Even Comreg have on their site that unlimited does not necessarily mean unlimited and to always read the fair usage policy as is the norm for any kind of phone/broadband contract.
    Nobody uses 80GB of data on a phone in normal use and any company is well within their right to restrict access to people using more than that. Hell even on my home broadband I only use around 250gb when downloading lots of tv shows etc

And again a millenial saying old folks are stupid when it comes to tech...

Good Lord. Take it to comreg will you. See how you get on.

I won't have to, I've more effective route which "a friend" has done something almost identical with resulting in immediate changes.

When I've cleared my current plate, I'll be back here making a bigger donkey of you :cool:

If you say so

I won't have to, I've more effective route which "a friend" has done something almost identical with resulting in immediate changes.

When I've cleared my current plate, I'll be back here making a bigger donkey of you :cool:

Immediate...?

Good luck with taking them to the Supreme Court
    https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/news/there-is-no-warning-broadband-users-stung-by-unlimited-deals-38364084.html

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »

2-3 months from initiation to boards decision and law change, quick and effective.

Think they can hide behind the lie I've already described only because they later admit the lie. - Think again.

2-3 months from initiation to boards decision and law change, quick and effective.

Think they can hide behind the lie I've already described only because they later admit the lie. - Think again.

Quote the law change then!
    There is no lie only your stupidity in not reading the T&C and expecting something unreasonable for 10 euro a month

Quote the law change then!
    There is no lie only your stupidity in not reading the T&C and expecting something unreasonable for 10 euro a month

and spell out who I am....:pac:

now enough of you and the other shills whataboutisim.

and spell out who I am....:pac:

now enough of you and the other shills whataboutisim.

Thought it was a friend, seven degrees of seperation and all that would take some working out to find you out
    Anyway back to the cave for you.

Look up shills and whataboutisim in the dictionary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

This is moronic. One man's crusade to squeeze a company that for once is actually offering great value. Jaysus, give it a rest will you.

JDxtra wrote: »
    This is moronic. One man's crusade to squeeze a company that for once is actually offering great value. Jaysus, give it a rest will you.

The sort of person every customer support agent hates and recommends to be cut off
    No company is obliged to provide any service to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭Jeff2

The sort of person every customer support agent hates and recommends to be cut off
    No company is obliged to provide any service to anyone

It is up to the provider to check to usage and if a customer gets around it by clearing Cache or something them it's the providers fault.

There is no way to check your usage on GoMo.

JDxtra wrote: »

"squeeze"

Nope, I 'm not interesting in "squeezing" Eir, they are getting away with the same on their Eir brand too, whats next they will jack the price up to 29.99 per month, and claim that by "life" they mean the life of the average phone, or average life a 1900mhz signal freely traveling into outer space and not of a human being.

Simple fact is they are lying only to correct their lie in the small print.

I don't want to "squeeze" Eir only to get them to act honestly.
    Thats honestly in their BS advertisement without the need to have to read "alternative facts" on the definition of unlimited.

Unlimited means without ANY limit. Understand?

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It is up to the provider to check to usage and if a customer gets around it by clearing Cache or something them it's the providers fault.

There is no way to check your usage.

First sentence makes no sense
    Every phone has a data counter, you get a text at 80% usage. If you are using 80 +GB a month you are not a normal user and should move to another provider charging more for more

First sentence makes no sense
    Every phone has a data counter, you get a text at 80% usage. If you are using 80 +GB a month you are not a normal user and should move to another provider charging more for more

So I'll put my Sim in another phone tomorrow and check usage.

I wouldn't use any where 20gb a month never mind 80gb.

• Advertisement

So I'll put my Sim in another phone tomorrow and check usage.

I wouldn't use any where 20gb a month never mind 80gb.

I'm not sure what you're point is???

I'm not sure what you're point is???

If you can't check your data usage then how can GoMo check it.

If they are going by your phone then that can be cleared by the phone owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Unlimited means without ANY limit. Understand?

Unlimited is not absolute, the same way as free speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you like or freedom to protest means you can't simply go out and block traffic on your Street adhoc.

Comreg is very clear about this and you're just being contrary.

"
    A number of telephone and broadband packages are described as ‘unlimited’. In this context, the word ‘unlimited’ would normally be taken to mean that a consumer, having agreed to pay a set price, may make as many calls or spend as much time online as h/she wishes. However, some service contracts qualify the meaning of ‘unlimited’ by stating that it is subject to an ‘acceptable’ or ‘fair’ level of use by the consumer. This is sometimes referred to as a “fair usage policy”.

We advise you that any contract which sets usage thresholds, or describes what constitutes ‘fair’ or ‘acceptable’ use, should be clear and unambiguous, particularly where the service is described as being ‘unlimited’. Usage thresholds or limits should be clearly set out, as should the manner in which they are updated or amended.
    "

They cant check your phone lol

They cant check your phone lol

So they can't check usage on your phone.

But can check usage while using your phone.?

They have to have access to to your phone to know what data is used.

Take the tinfoil hat off, they measure what data you request from their servers

Unlimited is not absolute, the same way as free speech doesn't mean you can say whatever you like or freedom to protest means you can't simply go out and block traffic on your Street adhoc.

Comreg is very clear about this and you're just being contrary.

"
    A number of telephone and broadband packages are described as ‘unlimited’. In this context, the word ‘unlimited’ would normally be taken to mean that a consumer, having agreed to pay a set price, may make as many calls or spend as much time online as h/she wishes. However, some service contracts qualify the meaning of ‘unlimited’ by stating that it is subject to an ‘acceptable’ or ‘fair’ level of use by the consumer. This is sometimes referred to as a “fair usage policy”.

We advise you that any contract which sets usage thresholds, or describes what constitutes ‘fair’ or ‘acceptable’ use, should be clear and unambiguous, particularly where the service is described as being ‘unlimited’. Usage thresholds or limits should be clearly set out, as should the manner in which they are updated or amended.
    "

Unlimited is absolute.

It is without ANY limit.

If Eir want to sell a product with a strict defined limit that is what should be advertised.

80 GB data plan. No limit to 80GB, Eat as much of 80GB as you can...etc.

Unlimited is Unlimited no alternative facts will change that.

Sell Unlimited or Sell 80GB, they are different products.

We all know whats going on here, some wankiteer here and in Eirs own mobile thought they pull a fast one and do like 3 are doing with their "all you can eat", to eat into 3's market, only that they would dishonour the unlimited claim by a tiny asterix to read the small print.
    You and I can get it, but not everyone, thats something that the scumbags who hide the limits play on, usually on the weaker in society.

Advertising should be clear and honest, that's not whats going on here.
    This kind of lowlife scumbag BS by slime bags with little conscious needs to be stopped every time and not allowed to perpetuate across society.

Don't want clear and honest advertising ? or do you really want a world where you have to read the fine print and pages of T&C's in every product and service you buy to see how you might get shafted? Eir/Gomo today etc ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Unlimited is absolute.

It is without ANY limit.

So in an unlimited buffet at a restaurant, you could walk in, take plates of food, eat it, regurgitate and continue on regardless?

Because, you know, unlimited.

A broadband provider doesn't need anything from you or anyone's device to measure your data consumption. They do it at source. Since they are the 'data provider'...

• Advertisement

You obviously don't know how it works. Data usage is measured at source. Each device connects with a unique identifier. So each devices' usage is measured and collected at their end. They need nothing from your device.

https://www.finder.com/how-is-my-mobile-data-counted

Advertisement