Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World cup 2015 Jersies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Yeah, still UA.

Here's more snippets. Supposedly it's dragon scales and St. David's Cross. Also something about "oxblood"

CLtghE9WsAASQDO.jpg

4287653-b5dd885f9b9ac9bb645cf5537a558e3b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Looks like Gryffindor's latest quidditch strip.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Just show the whole fcuking jersey already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Using the very latest in photo aware technology we have been able to piece together from the sneak peak shots an impression of what the jersey will look like. Safe to say this technology is very advanced and we believe the jersey will look 100% like this.

357786.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Is it a jersey? or a Marvel superhero costume?

I'm pretty sure every code of sport and sportswear/baselayer company are doing Marvel/DC at this stage so why wouldn't WRU!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The Valleyosaurs?
    The Valleyiraptor?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

more of a polo shirt man than a jersey man.

going to buy a new munster and ireland one shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

treated myself to a new irish polo shirt. you get a discount if you have 3 plus online using elverlys

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

France have "unveiled" their World Cup jersey. It's basically the same one they've been wearing since last year. The stripes on the shoulder have gone and the Adidas logo is smaller and in the middle. There's also a ribbon design on the chest/shoulder based on a design by French sculptor and former player Jean-Pierre Rives. He's also written a message for all the players inside.

france15homefront11.jpg?w=800&h=870

francerwc15homedet41.jpg?w=800&h=599

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is there a sexy away red version of that jersey knocking around.

For those who had been asking about the Argentina jersey, Lovell Rugby seem to be getting the home ones in. They're on pre order at the moment. Pretty much the only place, even online, that I've seen have them.

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Nike/Argentina-RWC-2015-Home-S-or-S-Replica-Rugby-Shirt-Blue-or-White

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is there a sexy away red version of that jersey knocking around.

This is the red one. Same situation as with the blue really. Mostly the same as existing red one, they've just taken the shoulder stripes off. No fancy ribbons or poems on this one.

france15altfront.jpg?w=800&h=871

france15altback.jpg?w=800&h=916

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Adidas stuff always looks way better without the three stripes nonsense. Always struck me as being an incredibly insecure piece of branding from a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Adidas stuff always looks way better without the three stripes nonsense. Always struck me as being an incredibly insecure piece of branding from a company.

Sometimes it can look iconic , especailly with Liverpool . The United shirt is a real throw back to the 80s. Bayern and the German national team too.

Rugbywise, the french from last year was a nice throw back to the old days when Adidas supplied them all the time.

The italy one was nice.

But for the most part ya the 3 stripes ruins good jerseys. Wrecked all the munster jerseys except this years , same with the S15 jerseys

As for insecure ,Canterbury as bad because they churn out the same template but in different colours for nearly every team.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Insecure? Ah here... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

For those who had been asking about the Argentina jersey, Lovell Rugby seem to be getting the home ones in. They're on pre order at the moment. Pretty much the only place, even online, that I've seen have them.

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Nike/Argentina-RWC-2015-Home-S-or-S-Replica-Rugby-Shirt-Blue-or-White

Lifestyle have it.
    10% off all gear for the next few days.
    http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/all-international-rugby/adult-argentina-home-rwc-jersey/invt/57834320

So they do. Nike/Argentina must have realised there was money to be made.

New range of Irish stuff out... 1875 replica stuff.

I saw this and thought it was a beauty, not usually into the polo shirt stuff, but it's really nice looking...

Then I saw the price! :eek:

Jaco, you could make a fortune! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

.ak wrote: »

I saw this and thought it was a beauty, not usually into the polo shirt stuff, but it's really nice looking...

I love that...

But this might be more up my financial alley.

http://shop.irishrugby.ie/casual-c4/t-shirts-c22/ireland-1874-union-tee-p3410

Will look well in Cardiff on 11/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Holy bleeping bleep that's expensive.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Holy bleeping bleep that's expensive.

Yep. Like, I usually like to play/train in the jerseys I buy... I don't think I'd let that even see a pitch going by that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

The model they've used for it looks like an ex flanker after a day of pints queuing in Supermacs!

Yep. Like, I usually like to play/train in the jerseys I buy... I don't think I'd let that even see a pitch going by that price.

Or the €150 RWC one.

The label on the inside is distressing:

Do not machine wash
    Do not dry clean
    Do not tumble dry
    Not suitable for repeated washing

:eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭F34

All the 1875 stuff seems to be way over priced I like the tshirt but no way am I going to pay nearly €50 for one they seem to be loosing the run of themselves with regards to pricing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Why is that so expensive?

I actually love that top.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can get it cheaper in the England Rugby store: http://www.englandrugbystore.com/stores/ers/en/product/ireland-1874-long-sleeve-plain-rugby-jersey-green/159319

Works out at about 110 euro.

OSI wrote: »
    He stopped the push quick enough when I said I wasn't paying €150 for a shirt I couldn't even wash.

Uh oh.

Cat's out of the bag now . . .

20150831_195632.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

OSI wrote: »
    The "Limited Edition" test jersey seems to have gone down like a lead balloon. They've gone from "You'll only get one if you pre-order on line!!!" to "Here, look at all the free bits you get with it", and the shops seem to have stacks of them. Just bought a couple of the Pro Jersey and the sales dude in the shop went off a big sales pitch about them. He stopped the push quick enough when I said I wasn't paying €150 for a shirt I couldn't even wash.

What are they giving away free with it?

• Advertisement

What are they giving away free with it?

The fancy hanging mannequin torso?

Advertisement