Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Coward

Bully

:D

Funny guy

These telephone 'agents' are lying through their teeth about expected time frames and payments.

Make a stand, and grow a back bone if you have to. I don't care if they're being encouraged by their superiors to put the general I.B public on the long finger, but they've been stringing us on for far to long now.

This entire thread is a testament to the bull**** lies their representatives are rolling out on a daily basis.

Maybe you need to grow some thicker skin, snowflake

How far have you got in the complaints process? Nowhere I’m sure. You could actually make a difference by doing things properly but you’re much happier sitting on your sofa being a big man threatening and bullying people who don’t have any desicion making powers over the phone. Feels great doesn’t it, shouting abuse and threats?
    Do you say “ I know where you live you know?” That’d be your kind of thing.
    No I don’t work in the DSP but I do know what it’s like to have some useless cretin on the phone (it’s always a man) trying to throw his weight around and mostly people just pity you.
    Snowflake. The mask slips. Go down to your local intreo office and call someone a snowflake face to face. No? Scared, snowflake?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭nicrob08

splinter65 wrote: »
    How far have you got in the complaints process? Nowhere I’m sure. You could actually make a difference by doing things properly but you’re much happier sitting on your sofa being a big man threatening and bullying people who don’t have any desicion making powers over the phone. Feels great doesn’t it, shouting abuse and threats?
    Do you say “ I know where you live you know?” That’d be your kind of thing.
    No I don’t work in the DSP but I do know what it’s like to have some useless cretin on the phone (it’s always a man) trying to throw his weight around and mostly people just pity you.
    Snowflake. The mask slips. Go down to your local intreo office and call someone a snowflake face to face. No? Scared, snowflake?

I personally have been onto the department, on the phone, through email, twitter and contacted TDs, journalists and radio shows however here I am with no payment, rent due, kids to feed and no means to heat my home. Just spent over an hour on hold to be cut off. I personally am unable to just pop down to my intreo office given I have no fuel in my car, 3 kids to drag along and in the middle of a crohns flare which basically means i need immediate access to a toilet which the intreo office does not provide. So to say i am p****d off is an understatement. I am fuming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Received response to my complaint from last week with reference number today.

I will be back at work next week hopefully so at least will have a chance to sort missing payment around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mags4k

Has anyone that has received a payment from the CWO been paid today? According to the lady at the intreo office this morning, most people have been paid. Which I don’t believe. But as I have had 2 payments from the CWO I’m now worried it will be a mess to sort once it’s back up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭NickD

mags4k wrote: »
    Has anyone that has received a payment from the CWO been paid today? According to the lady at the intreo office this morning, most people have been paid. Which I don’t believe. But as I have had 2 payments from the CWO I’m now worried it will be a mess to sort once it’s back up and running.

It's just this weeks excuse, no-one I know has been paid, myself included

NickD wrote: »
    It's just this weeks excuse, no-one I know has been paid, myself included

From reading the forum this morning, I was quite surprised when she said that. It’s beyond a joke at this stage.

Nothing from a cwo and no payment from the dept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Just got this from Mick Barry's office
    I was speaking to someone last week in the dept and they said it is it is taking them approximately 12 weeks to issue the payment. I had contacted them in relation to another persons enquiry about their payment. I was told on the phone that they had not received his sick certs even though he had handed them in to the Intreo Office in Hanover place, so somehow they went missing between the Cork office and the Sligo office.
    I will ask Mick to put a parliamentary question in about the length of time being taken to process the claims and just what is happening with ' missing' documents.

12 WEEKS :eek::eek:

Lets hope Mick's question in the Dail gets some answers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I got 198 today but once again the bank were quick to move in despite them telling me last week that I would be refunded and the standing order cancelled.
    Have to get on the phone again to them now.

• Advertisement

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Just got this from Mick Barry's office

12 WEEKS :eek::eek:

Lets hope Mick's question in the Dail gets some answers...

I question if this is a GDPR breach. Personal data going missing from a postbox dedicated for this purpose. I also hand into same office.

nicrob08 wrote: »
    I question if this is a GDPR breach. Personal data going missing from a postbox dedicated for this purpose. I also hand into same office.

I've been posting mine to the P.O. Box address on the form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I got a payment of 198 this morning but still awaiting the payment due on 15/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Man with a plan

Anyone had any luck getting through to them on the phones today ?
    I've tried calling a couple of times earlier this morning but just gave up on both occasions as I couldn't stay on the phone any longer.

Just wondering what the latest excuse is ?

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    I got 198 today but once again the bank were quick to move in despite them telling me last week that I would be refunded and the standing order cancelled.
    Have to get on the phone again to them now.

That’s another problem, who pays the missed DD’s & SO’s?! If and when I do get money it will just be covering the cost of them

Anyone had any luck getting through to them on the phones today ?
    I've tried calling a couple of times earlier this morning but just gave up on both occasions as I couldn't stay on the phone any longer.

Just wondering what the latest excuse is ?

Spent 2 hours 15 mins in total trying to get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

That’s another problem, who pays the missed DD’s & SO’s?! If and when I do get money it will just be covering the cost of them

That's it. It's costing people who paid their prsi to get their money back due to illness.
    I was advised to change banks but obviously I can't get through to IB.

Mick Barry's office got back to me, apparently I should get a payment in the next 2/3 working days (we'll wait and see if that happens eh...!) and that I have a cert due in today (so they must not have 'lost' mine).
    My cert will be there tomorrow - damn GP doesn't work on a bank holiday Monday which is my usual cert day ... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Does anyone know what the Cwo requires when u go into them for payment?

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Mick Barry's office got back to me, apparently I should get a payment in the next 2/3 working days (we'll wait and see if that happens eh...!) and that I have a cert due in today (so they must not have 'lost' mine).
    My cert will be there tomorrow - damn GP doesn't work on a bank holiday Monday which is my usual cert day ... :P

Still no answer to what the problems are though! You will be paid as youve managed to make contact and get the issue raised. This happened me a few weeks ago. But rest assured come next week will be back to square 1 again!

Still no answer to what the problems are though! You will be paid as youve managed to make contact and get the issue raised. This happened me a few weeks ago. But rest assured come next week will be back to square 1 again!

That's what I said to Catherine in Mick's office.
    It's not just the delay in getting payment.
    It's the erratic payments combined with the lack of engagement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

banie01 wrote: »
    I got a payment of 198 this morning but still awaiting the payment due on 15/10.

I'm the exact same, missing the 15. Let's see how long it will take to get this weeks payment

I’m not on illness benefit but I have been reading this thread for the last few weeks. I feel so sorry for you guys.

Once you eventually get all sorted and I really hope it’s sooner rather than later, I would suggest you start looking at data breach and any action you may take. A few weeks ago you were told that your certs were wiped off the system. Where are the hard copies? If they were asking you to send duplicates in rather than rescanning the originals that they already have, were they not admitting that they had lost your data? Important data which contains information regarding your health.

It’s food for thought anyhow. Perhaps a group of you might get together to start an action against them. Maybe if you were able to get a solicitor onboard now it might scare them into sorting it out immediately. I really hope this gets sorted soon.

I’m not on illness benefit but I have been reading this thread for the last few weeks. I feel so sorry for you guys.

Once you eventually get all sorted and I really hope it’s sooner rather than later, I would suggest you start looking at data breach and any action you may take. A few weeks ago you were told that your certs were wiped off the system. Where are the hard copies? If they were asking you to send duplicates in rather than rescanning the originals that they already have, were they not admitting that they had lost your data? Important data which contains information regarding your health.

It’s food for thought anyone. Perhaps a group of you might get together to start an action against them. Maybe if you were able to get a solicitor onboard now it might scare them into sorting it out immediately. I really hope this gets sorted soon.

I was wondering in all of this somewhere there had to be a breach. Certs containing personal information going missing from dedicated boxes?!?! Data being wiped from the system.

I was wondering in all of this somewhere there had to be a breach. Certs containing personal information going missing from dedicated boxes?!?! Data being wiped from the system.

I’m just an outsider looking in and have no legal background either but reading a few pages back and it made no sense.

Hypothetical

I’m an admin and have 100 pages to copy.
    I copy the pages but somehow the copies do not transfer to the system.

Do I
    A) sigh and grab the original 100 pages and start again?
    B) ring round one hundred people as they had given me a page each and say the scanner played up and I need them to physically give me their page again?
    C) (which happened to yous) wait for 100 people to get in contact and then tell the about the scanner/system wipe and tell them to send them again?

B & C are ludicrous. If it was the system rather than a physical sheet of paper that caused the issue, where’s the physical piece of paper?

We’re you told about the wiped system in writing or verbally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Callymosh wrote: »
    I also got a text saying I was certified until the 2nd, which would explain why it’s short a day. Are they paying for the week ahead now instead of the previous week?

Yeah...that was part of the changeover from August on. You go down the doctor tomorrow and get a cert to cover you from Friday 2nd Nov to Thursday 8th Nov. Assuming you post it tomorrow to IB - they have it in time for the 2nd to issue your €198. That is the theory.

Vanishing certs, missing arrears, phantom payments and jammed phone lines ...that's the reality as we enter month 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

For me this is definitely time to complain to the ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Noolzy

This is getting to be a huge problem now. I've emailed a few times and called. It's basically abuse to vulnerable people in ireland. I am so sick of the system.
    At least some of you have gotten some response in the form of a text etc or even miraculously managed to get through on the phone. I have received nothing apart from the generic letter that was sent to everyone.
    The media is very quiet about the issues too. I wonder how much they're being paid to keep quiet!
    Sorry...rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 46 PoolBall

I am at my wit's end. I was diagnosed with a serious illness early in the summer, which in itself is very stressful. I was receiving payment until a few weeks ago, then they just stopped. I can't get through on the phone and my emails go unanswered. I have no idea what is going on, or what to do next. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭swpb

How do we go about doing that

swpb wrote: »
    How do we go about doing that

First of all make an official complain. You can do it online. Only after this is unsuccessful you should go to ombudsman.

The link has been posted earlier and I hope all did just that rather than just venting the frustration.

I complained last week, got a confirmation email today. This email outlines the deadline for their response (15 days) and that if this is not sorted details of further steps.

If you deal with that sort of thing you need to do it by the book, however frustrating it can be.

Going to the radio or newspaper they will ask you what steps have you taken, or at least they should. If you just skip one or two steps of official complaints procedure, which is clearly outlined on the social welfare website, they might not entertain you at all.

We don't know how many people were affected and to what extent.

Just focus on your own case first is my suggestion.

• Advertisement

I sent an official complaint to the SW last week, which states you will receive an acknowledgment within 3 working days (that passed as of this evening with no reply). From reading the process online, they’re allowed 15 days to investigate. If you’re not satisfied with their response you can then go to the ombudsman. It’s just another tactic to drag it out.

I sent an official complaint to the SW last week, which states you will receive an acknowledgment within 3 working days (that passed as of this evening with no reply). From reading the process online, they’re allowed 15 days to investigate. If you’re not satisfied with their response you can then go to the ombudsman. It’s just another tactic to drag it out.

It is not a tactic, be it financial issue or social welfare issue or any other, the process needs to be followed otherwise ombudsman would be flogged with complaints from angry people at an unmanageable level.

Bank Holiday weekend could have slowed things down, keep checking your email, junk email etc and it might appear there soon.

When did you send the complaint? Time of the day matters, too.

I posted the link to the complaints procedure a few pages back. I really think if you are in any way well you should start this now. As many as possible. Write or email so that you have a record of having followed the procedure. The Ombudsman only deals with customers who have exhausted the complaints procedure but the Ombudsman does deal with the cases.
    Here’s a copy of the latest edition. It’s very interesting and very easy to read.

https://www.ombudsman.ie/publications/ombudsmans-casebook/THE-OMBUDSMANS-CASEBOOK-August-2018.pdf

wonski wrote: »
    It is not a tactic, be it financial issue or social welfare issue or any other, the process needs to be followed otherwise ombudsman would be flogged with complaints from angry people at an unmanageable level.

Bank Holiday weekend could have slowed things down, keep checking your email, junk email etc and it might appear there soon.

When did you send the complaint? Time of the day matters, too.

I sent it Wednesday afternoon and so didn’t even allow that as a working day in the estimation. I’ve checked spam etc, nothing there.

I completely understand that, I think the ignorance is the most irritating to be honest. I’ve sent numerous emails and called for hours over the past few weeks and have never received a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The ombudsman won't action a complaint until the complaint process laid out by the Department has been exhausted.
    The process needs to be followed and can't be fast forwarded unfortunately.

banie01 wrote: »
    The ombudsman won't action a complaint until the complaint process laid out by the Department has been exhausted.
    The process needs to be followed and can't be fast forwarded unfortunately.

Do you have any info on the complaint procedure? I sent a letter a couple of weeks ago with no response...

Do you have any info on the complaint procedure? I sent a letter a couple of weeks ago with no response...

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/How-to-Make-a-Comment-or-Complaint-to-the-Department.aspx#4

splinter65 wrote: »

So in my case I didn’t get an acknowledgement even. My next step is to have it reviewed by ‘another officer’

• Advertisement

So in my case I didn’t get an acknowledgement even. My next step is to have it reviewed by ‘another officer’

Is the complaint to be made under the general "get in touch" form?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MurphyM11

I just went online to make a complaint as my illness benefit has been delayed again - owed 3 weeks now after having it delayed in august for 6 weeks and was only sorted for a few weeks and they messed up again.
    They paid me a week and half worth last week but still owed 3 weeks worth.
    I filled in the firm online but when I submitted it it said 'form closed'. Does this mean it's gone through or they not accepting any more forms ? Does anyone know

MurphyM11 wrote: »
    I just went online to make a complaint as my illness benefit has been delayed again - owed 3 weeks now after having it delayed in august for 6 weeks and was only sorted for a few weeks and they messed up again.
    They paid me a week and half worth last week but still owed 3 weeks worth.
    I filled in the firm online but when I submitted it it said 'form closed'. Does this mean it's gone through or they not accepting any more forms ? Does anyone know

I get the same message each time ive tried to contact using online form, also do not get a confirmation email to say my query has been received. I did email the illness benefit section but didnt get a reply from that either.

Did anyone else not get paid today? Would the bank holiday have delayed it or have I been cut off again!!

Did anyone else not get paid today? Would the bank holiday have delayed it or have I been cut off again!!

I would have been due a payment monday, have not received anything

I would have been due a payment monday, have not received anything

Another day wasted on the phones so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 MurphyM11

How do we get this issue back into the public eye again. - it was on the news sites in august & again a few weeks ago but it just seems to be forgotten and we rely on this benefit which we are entitled to and the government just doesn't care.
    It's ridiculous

Another day wasted on the phones so

I see the welfare twitter page has gone to ground as well!

I see the welfare twitter page has gone to ground as well!

What a shock

MurphyM11 wrote: »
    How do we get this issue back into the public eye again. - it was on the news sites in august & again a few weeks ago but it just seems to be forgotten and we rely on this benefit which we are entitled to and the government just doesn't care.
    It's ridiculous

You could possibly go onto all the media Facebook pages (RTÉ, times, Indy, red tops) and make a random comment about it on any news story that’s up. Spam them. They may delete the comment at some stage so think about what you write. Concise and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Man with a plan

I'm on long term and get paid every Friday Night/ Saturday morning.
    If its a bank holiday then it usually went in a day earlier each time. ie.
    it went in on Thursday night/Friday morning.
    But last week I got nothing at all on any of those days and then yesterday
    morning I got 3 days pay and thats all.
    I dont know where last weeks pay is gone and what the 3 days are for ???

The circus goes on............

• Advertisement
Advertisement