Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY VIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

4 slots, 1- my phone registered as I watched a clip of a show to register it. Other 3 are free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just done it there for the mother and father they have a Black VIP account as been with them for 15 + years :O Still, remember getting Sky Digital back in 2001 haha when I was only a little child :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They've given me access to sky go Extra, with 2 extra slots and I can watch on consoles now, but I've lost the access to box sets :(

How do I get that back, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I usually get all the sky boxes for free after a bit of haggling.

Already pay for multiroom to so would I be covered for this?

We got the Sky Q box and Sky Q mini box with the offer, the Sky Rep said I would have to pay for anymore Sky Q mini boxes, suppose they want you to pay since it's €16 for Multiscreen on Sky Q. You only pay the €16 per month for Multiscreen, not per box like Multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

R11 wrote: »
    4 slots, 1- my phone registered as I watched a clip of a show to register it. Other 3 are free

Any joy since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

km79 wrote: »
    Any joy since?

Yeh, works now. Some programs only give option to download to Sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Had the following in an email from Sky this morning, but I done nothing with Sports?

Here's a summary of what has changed on your Sky account.

You now have the following extras with your package
    Your extras will be effective immediately unless otherwise agreed

You now have the following extra channel with your package

Sky Atlantic VIP

€ 0.00

As a Sky VIP member, you have access to Sky Atlantic VIP. See some of the latest Sky Atlantic shows 24 hours before everyone else.

The following extras will be removed from your package

Sky Sports 5

The change to your extras will be effective in 31 days unless otherwise agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭fman

Got the same. Assuming just more ham handed-ness from sky. Ss5 no longer exists so I'm assuming ( dangerous I know) that they are cleaning up that since it was previously listed as separate in the sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭dubmick

was Sky Go not included in your package anyway or did they start to charge for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

dubmick wrote: »
    was Sky Go not included in your package anyway or did they start to charge for it?

Sky go is, Sky go Extra is not.

Extra allows 4 devices and downloads where as Sky go is 2 devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

does anyone think they might include tickets for the all ireland football semi finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

My parents were offered the free Sky Q and Sky Q mini boxes as they had a black VIP level.

Apart from presumably entering a new contract, is there any downside to availing of this offer for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

When viewing on your phone ir tablet Why is it that you can only watch some programmes and only record others to your sky box on sky go extra??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

My parents were offered the free Sky Q and Sky Q mini boxes as they had a black VIP level.

Apart from presumably entering a new contract, is there any downside to availing of this offer for them?

I have Sky Q. For almost everybody its a lot better. Catch up TV is great. Access to youtube etc. Personally I prefer the older version - i just prefer the user interface on the older version and I HATE that you can no longer save favourite channels. No favourites means going into TV guide everytime you want to toggle thru channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

My device is not compatible with this app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Did anyone go to the Galway game if so where was the tickets for?

Was at the game however had tickets myself, wondering will my free ones this weekend be in the Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Did anyone go to the Galway game if so where was the tickets for?

Was at the game however had tickets myself, wondering will my free ones this weekend be in the Hill.

Mine were Hogan Upper, section 734

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭afcdave

Thanks for the tip! I am platinum VIP and got free movie, sky go extra.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Mine were Hogan Upper, section 734

Nice one, I was in upper for tickets I had however more in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

topnotch wrote: »
    You can download the my sky app to get access to sky VIP.
    I got a free movie in the sky store and free tickets to the all ireland hurling semi final.
    It all depends on how long you've been a member with sky. I have been a member 15+ years so have black level.

Is it the sky go app you download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

sky go to watch sky
    my sky to access Sky Vip offers

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I'm Sky Platinum, have applied for the free movie but never received the email with the voucher. I applied for this on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

dercunx wrote: »
    I'm Sky Platinum, have applied for the free movie but never received the email with the voucher. I applied for this on Saturday.
    topnotch wrote: »
    Enter the code GIFT here.
    https://www.skystore.com/redeem

QED

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Thanks Soarer☺ . Sorted now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Zico !

Matt.ie wrote: »
    My device is not compatible with this app

Ya whats this abt same here

just saw they will have the football semi final tickets on it. any idea when they come live? are they usually snapped up pretty sharp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

just saw they will have the football semi final tickets on it. any idea when they come live? are they usually snapped up pretty sharp?

Got some for the Mayo game at lunchtime

damn - it says theres more to follow so its just a matter of keeping your eyes peeled so!

Just set up the app yesterday; Are rewards not appearing for anybody else? It just says I'm all caught up for now, doesn't even show the option of the free movie :/ or anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭skydish79

Just set up the app yesterday; Are rewards not appearing for anybody else? It just says I'm all caught up for now, doesn't even show the option of the free movie :/ or anything else

all down for me this morning

Advertisement