Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY VIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

I put in for the movie but never got the email, what should I do to claim?

Use GIFT as the voucher code

https://www.skystore.com/redeem

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

The mother and father now have sky Q and there extremely impressed with it campere to the older sky hd.

Hi there, got the offer of a free sky Q set-up with 2T box. Am on a half-price offer at the moment, did your parents have to go full price with multi-room to avail of the prize?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

where is the app is the offer for the sky q setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

niall5098 wrote: »
    where is the app is the offer for the sky q setup?

I got Sky VIP Black and it was part of the rewards available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Did anyone actually recieve the DVD in the post for their chosen movie? Three week now and mine hasnt arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Car99 wrote: »
    Did anyone actually recieve the DVD in the post for their chosen movie? Three week now and mine hasnt arrived.

Got mine about 10 days later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Got mine within a week
    Same as last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

km79 wrote: »
    Got mine within a week
    Same as last time

2 weeks and I got it, but for me its kinda pointless once its downloaded onto the box so I can grab it anytime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thanks to the OP again.

The mother and father now have sky Q and there extremely impressed with it campere to the older sky hd.

The mother loves that she does not have to record stuff on both boxs at home and just needs to use the one now e.g. the downstairs and she can stream it to the bedroom.

Also I am shocked that she finds it easyer to use then sky hd !!!.

I am tempted myself to get unless virgin give me a good deal

What's the deal, free box and then 16 each month for multiroom or does the existing multiroom charge cover it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    What's the deal, free box and then 16 each month for multiroom or does the existing multiroom charge cover it?

If you already pay for multiroom, there is no extra charge on the deal.

Ordered Sky Q for my folks through the app (didn't qualify on my own account yet) and they are being upgraded next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

If you already pay for multiroom, there is no extra charge on the deal.

Ordered Sky Q for my folks through the app (didn't qualify on my own account yet) and they are being upgraded next week.

Thanks for this. Just wonder what level you need to be at to get the Sky Q upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Waiting list tickets available for the Galway Waterford game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If you managed to get All Ireland final tickets that is a serious perk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Went up as fully booked as far as I could see, just waiting list available but no chance getting them off of that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah, no doubt lots in UK got tickets first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mac1961

Got them this morning. Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

Car99 wrote: »

yup, got mine within 4-5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

anyone any idea of the 'rank' structure in this? Ive seen lots of Black level posters here, acc to the app Im a Platinum level? 8-15yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I have to say this Sky VIP thing is really annoying me, so you basically have to check the app about 1000 times a day to see when it updates with tickets - we are with sky for 16 years but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Why don't they say 20 tickets for All Ireland Final up for grabs between 9-10am so people can actually try get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 rtyped

irishfeen wrote: »
    I have to say this Sky VIP thing is really annoying me, so you basically have to check the app about 1000 times a day to see when it updates with tickets - we are with sky for 16 years but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Why don't they say 20 tickets for All Ireland Final up for grabs between 9-10am so people can actually try get them.

100% agree it is ridiculous.

Another option would be to give notification and have say a couple of hours to enter a draw for the tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah it's so stupid. It basically rewards people who have the time to spend their day refreshing the app. You've virtually no chance if you don't have lots of free time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

The app would probably crash, the tickets would be gone by 30 seconds after 9, and people would still complain

The app would probably crash, the tickets would be gone by 30 seconds after 9, and people would still complain
    Well they could release them in batches according to your VIP status something like 25 tickets open between 9-10am for Black members, 12 tickets from 10-11am for Platinum, Gold 10 tickets from 12-1pm, Silver 3 tickets between 2-3pm.

It would mean people of Silver status know there is no point in clogging up the system at 9am and people of the given status have a fair chance to know to start looking for tickets over a random time of an hour.

Simples!

This might help or could just be coincidence. Last Wednesday premier league tickets "fully booked" disappeared and Thursday tickets appeared and the very same happened with the hurling. Could be something to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Yeah, if anyone can remember the exact time that they picked up tickets last week, might be worth noting on here.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,488 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Think the platinum membership is probably one of the worse ones.

No Sky Q as loyalty isn't long enough and no Sky Go as it's past the previous band. Meant to be free Sky Fibre with Platinum but seems as that's UK only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Think the platinum membership is probably one of the worse ones.

No Sky Q as loyalty isn't long enough and no Sky Go as it's past the previous band. Meant to be free Sky Fibre with Platinum but seems as that's UK only.

I read somewhere that Platinum will have Sky Q install for free from September in Ireland, don't know where I read it but hopefully it is true.

edit: found link - https://switcher.ie/blog/broadband-tv-home-phone/sky-vip-is-here-with-rewards-for-loyal-sky-customers/

Sky VIP Platinum - customers of 8-15 years

On top of everything available with the Silver and Gold programmes, from September, customers who have been with Sky for between 8 and 15 years will get special offers on Sky Q, too.

I got Sky Go with Platinum though in the app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Disappointing eh as a Platinum Customer I had Sky Q Silver installed yesterday(at my cost). Maybe on the 1st September if I see the offer I will invoke my 14 day cancellation and chance some rebate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Berty wrote: »
    Disappointing eh as a Platinum Customer I had Sky Q Silver installed yesterday(at my cost). Maybe on the 1st September if I see the offer I will invoke my 14 day cancellation and chance some rebate.

You might have better luck asking a credit to your account or something, as otherwise Sky will have to pay for someone to come out and take it out, then send someone back out again to install again! Not sure they will be compromising on that.

Anyone lucky enough to get All Ireland football final tickets? I had time yesterday so spent lots of time refreshing the app. It was listed as "Coming soon" at midnight, then was changed to "Fully booked" at 6am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭niall5098

Anyone lucky enough to get All Ireland football final tickets? I had time yesterday so spent lots of time refreshing the app. It was listed as "Coming soon" at midnight, then was changed to "Fully booked" at 6am

Noticed that myself, some swizz

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I went to bed at 12 last night.checked the app before bed and it said coming soon. Woke at 5 so I said I'll just check the app and it was fully booked. Doesn't really seem right to me

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

I was also glued to the app yesterday. Checked the app at 1 min past twelve last night figuring the might go up after midnight and it had changed from coming soon to waiting list so looks like there was none available in the first place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

I read somewhere that Platinum will have Sky Q install for free from September in Ireland, don't know where I read it but hopefully it is true.

edit: found link - https://switcher.ie/blog/broadband-tv-home-phone/sky-vip-is-here-with-rewards-for-loyal-sky-customers/

What does this mean? I'm planning on getting Sky Q and have been quoted €149 for the 1tb box as I don't have multiscreen and don't want it. Does the above mean that I won't have to pay the €149?

fifi28 wrote: »
    I was also glued to the app yesterday. Checked the app at 1 min past twelve last night figuring the might go up after midnight and it had changed from coming soon to waiting list so looks like there was none available in the first place

Fair enough if thats the case, but why list them at all if so.

Either way it was a long shot, just annoying to have wasted time

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Fair enough if thats the case, but why list them at all if so.

Either way it was a long shot, just annoying to have wasted time

100% agree

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sanna

It was fully booked at 3am!!

Id been checking all day yesterday, just had a row with them on twitter over it, they state coming soon is couple of weeks.

They have said to keep an eye on it -might reopen- yeah right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

British Masters GOlf tickets available on it now if anyone wants em

British Masters GOlf tickets available on it now if anyone wants em
    Thanks man till there .. such a pity, any other sport but golf id have been interested.

Anytime anyone sees tickets up we should post like this, I certainly will to give people a chance.

• Advertisement

Day 3 of the Masters gone now, 1/2/4 still have tickets!!

All gone now for the Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

The NFL would be great tickets to catch

Quintis wrote: »
    The NFL would be great tickets to catch
    Yeah those are the ones ill be looking our for too along with United in the PL!

Just to start noting - 4 separate days of Masters tickets went up about 2.38pm , gone 2.49pm

• Registered Users Posts: 46 july11

Not sure if I am missing something here but as a platinum member should I see tickets ? I can only see under" today" - your rewards and its enter a prize to the Rockies and under "already yours" coming soon. Am I missing something here ? I cant see any benefit as a platinum member 8-15 yrs customer of sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

july11 wrote: »
    Not sure if I am missing something here but as a platinum member should I see tickets ? I can only see under" today" - your rewards and its enter a prize to the Rockies and under "already yours" coming soon. Am I missing something here ? I cant see any benefit as a platinum member 8-15 yrs customer of sky

Slide the rockies prize to the left and so on to see your other options

Just got my tickets for hurling final. Came by courier. Hogan stand premium level. Thank you sky and c'mon Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mac1961 wrote: »
    Just got my tickets for hurling final. Came by courier. Hogan stand premium level. Thank you sky and c'mon Waterford.

Waterford reached the final ?? Wonders will never cease:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

mac1961 wrote: »

How did you manage to get the tickets?

Anytime I check the sports tickets section, I usually look at all events and there is never any tickets for anything!

Masters tickets just give up for 4 days - all open NOW!!

Opened 14:05

• Advertisement
Advertisement