Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SKY VIP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Tweaky wrote: »
    Got the email about the Sky go extra - just checked it there on my phone - all seems to be working - two extra slots for devices - thanks again OP

What level were you? I'm platinum and don't have the Sky Go Extra option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

OnLooker wrote: »
    What level were you? I'm platinum and don't have the Sky Go Extra option

Platinum as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

topnotch wrote: »
    Enter GIFT as the code here.
    https://www.skystore.com/redeem

Not recognised as a valid code for me. Could be becuause I cancelled about 3 weeks ago. I wonder should I ring them up and complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

So we are Black members, the account is in my fathers name - can us kids have match tickets because he will never ever go? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

no matter how many Sky Q mini boxes you have.

Are extra Q boxes Multi room not limited?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'm silver got an email to say there is a free movie waiting for me and the login to the Sky app.
    Logged in selected VIP but there is no option to claim movie. Anyone else have the same problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Getting offered a free sky Q box but then do I need to pay an extra 16 a month just to use it?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭psychozeb

I'm silver got an email to say there is a free movie waiting for me and the login to the Sky app.
    Logged in selected VIP but there is no option to claim movie. Anyone else have the same problem?

Do you have to claim it via the e-mail they sent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Davexirl

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Are extra Q boxes Multi room not limited?

Yeah, I think 4 is the max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Anybody on the waiting list get offered tickets to the hurling this weekend yet???

ANYONE??? 🤔🤔🤔

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Getting offered a free sky Q box but then do I need to pay an extra 16 a month just to use it?

Yeah that seems to be the way the deal works, you have to take out Sky Mutliscreen, it's a good deal if you already have more then one box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Not recognised as a valid code for me. Could be becuause I cancelled about 3 weeks ago. I wonder should I ring them up and complain.

What’s the point in calling to complain about something you cancelled 3 weeks ago? They have it on their system as a cancelling customer therefore you wouldn’t be entitled to anything. I checked our second account which we cancelled too and it says we’re not eligible but for our new account there’s no issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Tweaky wrote: »
    Platinum as well

There is a known fault with IOS and the rewards not showing up. Sky are aware of it. I'm going to try my android tablet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Davexirl wrote: »
    Yeah that seems to be the way the deal works, you have to take out Sky Mutliscreen, it's a good deal if you already have more then one box.

I usually get all the sky boxes for free after a bit of haggling.

Already pay for multiroom to so would I be covered for this?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭R11

I got email saying sky go extra activated. Excuse my ignorance but How do I download kids programmes to my tablet and phone so kids can watch them offline on holidays? I have sky go app downloaded but can't see a download icon or option..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

To get the free movie do I have to input card details? It's coming up at €16.99 not free.

Enter GIFT as the code here.
    It tells me I've already redeemed that gift which I haven't!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

R11 wrote: »
    I got email saying sky go extra activated. Excuse my ignorance but How do I download kids programmes to my tablet and phone so kids can watch them offline on holidays? I have sky go app downloaded but can't see a download icon or option..

Click into episode / movie you want
    There will be a box with 3 white dots at the side
    Click on that and selects download in SD or HD

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wikey

It tells me I've already redeemed that gift which I haven't!

I spent a bit of time going through this yesterday, somewhere in terms and conditions it mentions that credit won't show up in your account but you can still purchase using voucher. If you login in to the sky store site (not app) I think the fact that you can see a sky VIP offer section of movies to select from would back that up. I don't have the time now to find the link now, sorry.

km79 wrote: »
    Click into episode / movie you want
    There will be a box with 3 white dots at the side
    Click on that and selects download in SD or HD

I've done that, it says download to Sky+ box. No option to watch it on phone. When I go to downloads on sky go app, this shows -

• Advertisement

I've done that, it says download to Sky+ box. No option to watch it on phone. When I go to downloads on sky go app, this shows -

Click on manage devices on left hand menu of use screen
    See if 2 or 4 show up

I know you got an email say g extra had been activated but it looks like it may not yet be

4 slots, 1- my phone registered as I watched a clip of a show to register it. Other 3 are free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Just done it there for the mother and father they have a Black VIP account as been with them for 15 + years :O Still, remember getting Sky Digital back in 2001 haha when I was only a little child :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They've given me access to sky go Extra, with 2 extra slots and I can watch on consoles now, but I've lost the access to box sets :(

How do I get that back, does anyone know?

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I usually get all the sky boxes for free after a bit of haggling.

Already pay for multiroom to so would I be covered for this?

We got the Sky Q box and Sky Q mini box with the offer, the Sky Rep said I would have to pay for anymore Sky Q mini boxes, suppose they want you to pay since it's €16 for Multiscreen on Sky Q. You only pay the €16 per month for Multiscreen, not per box like Multiroom.

4 slots, 1- my phone registered as I watched a clip of a show to register it. Other 3 are free

Any joy since?

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Any joy since?

Yeh, works now. Some programs only give option to download to Sky box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Had the following in an email from Sky this morning, but I done nothing with Sports?

Here's a summary of what has changed on your Sky account.

You now have the following extras with your package
    Your extras will be effective immediately unless otherwise agreed

You now have the following extra channel with your package

Sky Atlantic VIP

€ 0.00

As a Sky VIP member, you have access to Sky Atlantic VIP. See some of the latest Sky Atlantic shows 24 hours before everyone else.

The following extras will be removed from your package

Sky Sports 5

The change to your extras will be effective in 31 days unless otherwise agreed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭fman

Got the same. Assuming just more ham handed-ness from sky. Ss5 no longer exists so I'm assuming ( dangerous I know) that they are cleaning up that since it was previously listed as separate in the sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

was Sky Go not included in your package anyway or did they start to charge for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭flexcon

dubmick wrote: »
    was Sky Go not included in your package anyway or did they start to charge for it?

Sky go is, Sky go Extra is not.

Extra allows 4 devices and downloads where as Sky go is 2 devices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sitkaspruce

does anyone think they might include tickets for the all ireland football semi finals?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

My parents were offered the free Sky Q and Sky Q mini boxes as they had a black VIP level.

Apart from presumably entering a new contract, is there any downside to availing of this offer for them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

When viewing on your phone ir tablet Why is it that you can only watch some programmes and only record others to your sky box on sky go extra??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

My parents were offered the free Sky Q and Sky Q mini boxes as they had a black VIP level.

Apart from presumably entering a new contract, is there any downside to availing of this offer for them?

I have Sky Q. For almost everybody its a lot better. Catch up TV is great. Access to youtube etc. Personally I prefer the older version - i just prefer the user interface on the older version and I HATE that you can no longer save favourite channels. No favourites means going into TV guide everytime you want to toggle thru channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Matt.ie

My device is not compatible with this app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Did anyone go to the Galway game if so where was the tickets for?

Was at the game however had tickets myself, wondering will my free ones this weekend be in the Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Did anyone go to the Galway game if so where was the tickets for?

Was at the game however had tickets myself, wondering will my free ones this weekend be in the Hill.

Mine were Hogan Upper, section 734

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭afcdave

Thanks for the tip! I am platinum VIP and got free movie, sky go extra.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Mine were Hogan Upper, section 734

Nice one, I was in upper for tickets I had however more in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

You can download the my sky app to get access to sky VIP.
    I got a free movie in the sky store and free tickets to the all ireland hurling semi final.
    It all depends on how long you've been a member with sky. I have been a member 15+ years so have black level.

Is it the sky go app you download

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

sky go to watch sky
    my sky to access Sky Vip offers

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I'm Sky Platinum, have applied for the free movie but never received the email with the voucher. I applied for this on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Soarer

dercunx wrote: »
    I'm Sky Platinum, have applied for the free movie but never received the email with the voucher. I applied for this on Saturday.
    Enter the code GIFT here.

QED

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

Thanks Soarer☺ . Sorted now. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Zico !

Matt.ie wrote: »
    My device is not compatible with this app

Ya whats this abt same here

just saw they will have the football semi final tickets on it. any idea when they come live? are they usually snapped up pretty sharp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

just saw they will have the football semi final tickets on it. any idea when they come live? are they usually snapped up pretty sharp?

Got some for the Mayo game at lunchtime

damn - it says theres more to follow so its just a matter of keeping your eyes peeled so!

Just set up the app yesterday; Are rewards not appearing for anybody else? It just says I'm all caught up for now, doesn't even show the option of the free movie :/ or anything else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭skydish79

Just set up the app yesterday; Are rewards not appearing for anybody else? It just says I'm all caught up for now, doesn't even show the option of the free movie :/ or anything else

all down for me this morning

Advertisement