Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY VIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭markc1184

Cheers OP. Got a gold reward. Too late for any tickets, but I got a movie/DVD, Sky Go etc. The Sky Go app is working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Also got sky go extra

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Nutser

I didn't read the t&c's... if I accepted sky go extra does this put me in a new contract period?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

many thanks OP, platinum vip, so got my sky go extra. very useful in my house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

There are several things about Sky that would be very critical of: the price gouging of Irish customers v UK prices and their cancellation policy are two that spring to mind, but the other stuff like Sky Go and their other services (e.g. Sky Kids etc) is really quite excellent. It is also technically usually pretty flawless with a great user interface.

I know that the extra functionality of Sky Go Extra over the regular Sky Go will be extremely useful in my house with the variety of tablets/ipods etc that are used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭yknaa

Many thanks OP. Got a free movie. Missed out on a Tipp and Galway ticket. Got my name on the waiting list so fingers crossed for a call before Sunday! Thanks again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

yknaa wrote: »
    Many thanks OP. Got a free movie. Missed out on a Tipp and Galway ticket. Got my name on the waiting list so fingers crossed for a call before Sunday! Thanks again

They closed the waiting list, it's fully booked so you missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭flexcon

So I clicked on Sky go extra and received the confirmation that it was added to my account

Problem is, I was already paying for it. I imagine I have to call them to cancel that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Clicked on Sky Go. Didn't receive an email. Went back into the app and Sky Go no longer an option?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

qrx wrote: »
    Clicked on Sky Go. Didn't receive an email. Went back into the app and Sky Go no longer an option?!

Sky Go email took a while to arrive for me.

Forgot to say, Thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

qrx wrote:

Go into the app and into manage devices and see if you have the extra slots. I didn't get any email either. Went in and checked and I've now got extra slots. It also confirms it on the my details section of the app.

flexcon wrote: »
    So I clicked on Sky go extra and received the confirmation that it was added to my account

Problem is, I was already paying for it. I imagine I have to call them to cancel that?

It'll be ok, I was paying for it previously as well.

If you go to My Sky App > Manage Account > TV > Latest Bill > Future Costs - you'll see your next bills will be 6 euro less.
    Its on the future costs as -€6.00 discount for Sky Go Extra.

I see I'm getting charged for the next bill though (9 Aug - 08 Sep) so I might give them a message about that :D

Downloaded the app to see if it's activated anyway without the email confirmation. Turns out Sky Go is available to everyone, all the "Extra" gets you is 2 more registered devices and ability to download shows for offline viewing. News to me that I had this all along, it would have been very handy for a 2nd room setup even without the extra features.

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Go into the app and into manage devices and see if you have the extra slots. I didn't get any email either. Went in and checked and I've now got extra slots. It also confirms it on the my details section of the app.

No extra slots yet. Even has a message to upgrade to Extra for 2 additional slots.

Annoyingly, you need Sky Go Extra for use with your PS4 so handy to get it for free.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Annoyingly you need Sky Go Extra for use with your PS4 so handy to get it for free.

Ah ok, well there's the real advantage so :) Presume the same for us Xbox gamers.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Stupid question but ... which Sky App do I download???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭flexcon

Only wrote: »
    Stupid question but ... which Sky App do I download???

My Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xaforb

Sky are being selective with this. Even if you've been 20+ years with them they won't offer it unless you have a smartphone or iPad. Those with just Tablets or PC's are excluded.

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-VIP/bd-p/skyvip

More specific link: http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-VIP/New-my-sky-app-for-Sony-tablet/td-p/2689689

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

What level do you need to get the free sky go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,343 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Has anyone been able to enter the Iceland competition? Getting an SQL error every time I try.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

martyos121 wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to enter the Iceland competition? Getting an SQL error every time I try.

i did just before 1pm, no issue

phill106 wrote: »
    What level do you need to get the free sky go?

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-VIP/Sky-Go-Extra-as-benefit-for-Gold-and-above/td-p/2689583

Looks like 3+ years having a sky subscription.

Quote from link
    "Customers must have joined the Sky VIP programme and have three or more years' continuous tenure, as well as an active TV subscription.

If you receive Sky Go Extra through Multiscreen or Sky Mobile you will already be receiving it for free as part of your subscription so you won't see this reward on the Sky VIP Home page."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone claim the free Go Extra this morning, still waiting on it to activate?
    Waiting over 3 hours now, but don't know if that's common or wha? :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Anyone claim the free Go Extra this morning, still waiting on it to activate?
    Waiting over 3 hours now, but don't know if that's common or wha? :)

Yeah been waiting myself all day. Hope this isn't going to take a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

qrx wrote: »

There might be a backlog or something!
    Hopefully it doesn't take forever to get us going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

qrx wrote:

marcbrophy wrote:
    There might be a backlog or something! Hopefully it doesn't take forever to get us going

I applied yesterday, and kept an eye on the app. It only seemed to activate today so I'd give it until tomorrow before calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

if anyone got tickets to the Cork Waterford game and doesn't need them i'll gladly take them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

if anyone got tickets to the Cork Waterford game and doesn't need them i'll gladly take them!

I'm pretty sure you can't donate them once you've confirmed your booking as the name on your sky account goes on to them tickets and I think they ID you at croke park with those tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Anybody on the waiting list get offered tickets to the hurling this weekend yet???

Advertisement