Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FI Charts ( T120+ onwards) Autumn 2019 **READ MOD NOTE IN FIRST POST**

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Certainly not as cold as last nights run but not that mild either I would have thought. Still showing some cold weather at the end of the week and a bit milder after that if the ridge materializes. But as we have seen over the last few days huge chopping and changing going on.

U9OpY2l.png

RH2xLhh.png

WNGmgkE.png

gfs-0-240_ahh9.png

anim_acr3.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Similar type run by the ECM 12Z as yesterdays showing some cold weather briefly around next weekend and the ridge building but not as well established on the latest run. Southerly winds look set to introduce milder air.

GFS similar but not showing as cold next weekend.

pRoxvzm.png

hxlU1jo.png

rvfR6JA.png

XL09owC.png

anim_ipb2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

It doesn't have to be probable to be in FI

gens-13-0-192.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

ECM this evening has winter arriving right on cue !

ECMOPNH12_144_1.png

1st December

ECMOPNH12_168_1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Snow showers piling into the East/North East off the Irish Sea -

ECM1-192.GIF?24-0

ECM0-192.GIF?24-0

Interesting charts appearing again today... hopefully the models stick with this trend.

We don't quite manage to keep the Greeny high in situ on this run but the potential is there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

giphy.gif

I'd like to see more solid mid Atlantic ridging a bit further north but the ECM is perfectly poised by 168.

The coldest chart yet to show up.....and from the ECM to boot!

Will it be there tomorrow.

Main models showing a cold weekend into the early days of the following week. ECM leading the way as regards cold from about next Thurs to the following Weds. Seems to be a cross model trend now for the weekend being cold anyway. Thinking around next Sun /Mon /has the look of wintry precipitation as Blizzard7 said above.

aT98u9e.png

ECU0-192_phz2.GIF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,956 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I suppose dry and cold for a few days will be a welcome relief to many from the incessant rain. It looks like the weather might become more unsettled after that for a few days, then perhaps a second attempt at a mid atlantic ridge, which will probably topple over us as well. Lets hope the GFS is on to something with its strat' charts in order for us to get some proper snowy cold sometime in January. A potent cold spell during the heart of winter would be welcome by some of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I suppose dry and cold for a few days will be a welcome relief to many from the incessant rain. It looks like the weather might become more unsettled after that for a few days, then perhaps a second attempt at a mid atlantic ridge, which will probably topple over us as well. Lets hope the GFS is on to something with its strat' charts in order for us to get some proper snowy cold sometime in January. A potent cold spell during the heart of winter would be welcome by some of us.

Careful what you wish for now.... :)

• Advertisement

Some nice cold charts still for the weekend . The ECM 12Z showing the ridge building quicker over Ireland than previous runs by Monday. Early days of next week could have some cold frosty nights and looks foggy. Seems like an age since we had a HP build over us.

i8R2PWF.png

8WNRH4T.png

DUVAiTs.png

yb8DvtT.png

8Y9UmUM.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the gfs continues to get dryer and dryer and about time too. We really need a break from all the rain. Driest run I've seen since July.

ens_image.php?geoid=64981&var=201&run=18&date=2019-11-27&model=gfs&member=ENS&bw=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Not a bad ECM this morning all be it post 168. But this is the kind of set up I like. A weak jet meandering with higher pressure just to the north. It's a snow setup for us but it's fragile too.

ECM1-216.GIF?29-12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yes indeed, nice trend on GEFS too, interesting to see where this goes.

graphe_ens3_sks1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm going on holiday a week before Christmas so a nice cold and snowy spell just before that would make holidays seem all the better.... Bring it on! Knowing my luck it'll get delayed and there'll be the blizzard of the century the day after I go away.

Mod Note New FI thread for winter 2019 / 2010 here

• Advertisement
Advertisement