Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What did you buy today?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

I bought a lovely Stag ornament from the shop on the Hill of Tara.....

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

Can't wait to start Xmas shopping!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I got this in Tiger.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

There was a book sale in work and I just impulse bought some stuff... So that's the Christmas shopping sorted!

I got a lovely diary for my Mum, and some Janet & Allan Ahlberg books for my nephew

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well I didn't buy it today but I just got my Dean Martin Winter Romance Record yepppeee... Sealed in mint condition im like ohhhh do I listen to it now or late eccckkk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I bought the Irish Farmers Calendar (x2) - one for a KK and the other for my brother in law who is a farmer.
    I bought a leather tobacco pouch for my Dad - strictly for his birthday but as its on Christmas Eve I've decided it counts for Christmas time purchases.
    I bought part of my husband's present on Thursday too - a two boat scuba dive in Dublin Bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I bought Advent calendars in Lidl over the weekend (great selection for kiddies and 99c only). I got 2 for the youngster and I told him he could start on the 5th of November and that would be 50 days to Christmas.

I wonder will be sick of it by December ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Posy wrote: »

That's mine, well we have the non slim version, it's so worth the money, has lasted really well. Hope to replace our smaller one next year with another one of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went to Ikea yesterday and bought a couple of packs of wine bags and some ribbon from the Christmas section. They have some really nice decorations this year. Well worth a trip if you need some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I cannot wait to get to M&S to see all their Christmas stuff - they have amazing candles this year with lovely Christmassy smells! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Aputernut

I bought a couple items to finish off the Xmas tree skirt I am making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I went into Carraig Dune at lunctime about bought 3 decorations. I needed them like a hole in the head but they are lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

kitten_k wrote: »
    Just ordered these in Smyths for €5 for my god-daughter

How'd you get them for a fiver ???

Just bought this:

mZoSVRe22PNZVCw59mQQMNQ.jpg

I've been getting a different one every year since 2010 & missed them last year for some reason, so delighted to pick it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

OU812 wrote: »
    How'd you get them for a fiver ???

They had them on sale for €5 in Smyths

kitten_k wrote: »
    They had them on sale for €5 in Smyths

Wish I'd known that. Would have got a couple. Back up to €20 now

Haven't bought it yet but just seen that lidl have their Christmas stuff on sale next week, I'm getting a third tree and as budget is limited lidl is going to be my friend this year. I am actually excited :)

So where is the best the buy a new tree? Artificial and not too expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

kitten_k wrote:
    So where is the best the buy a new tree? Artificial and not too expensive!

Argos had pretty good ones last year. I just saw another post from someone who said Lidl or Aldi sell some too.

• Advertisement

Argos had pretty good ones last year. I just saw another post from someone who said Lidl or Aldi sell some too.

Lidls were €25 last year

Saw a nice 6foot one in wooded for half price €40

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm in the look out for a new tree also. Not Argos that's where my last one came from its too skimpy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭jenn1984

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm in the look out for a new tree also. Not Argos that's where my last one came from its too skimpy.

Got a new tree last year from Woodies, it was a good size and not too expensive (sorry can't remember the exact price). Would definitely recommend giving them a go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Maybe ikea might be worth a look. Someone was saying their xmas decorations are out

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jenn1984 wrote: »
    Got a new tree last year from Woodies, it was a good size and not too expensive (sorry can't remember the exact price). Would definitely recommend giving them a go!

I must try woodies and home store :)

I must try woodies and home store :)

They've a sale on in woodies now for Christmas trees, some good bargains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

They've a sale on in woodies now for Christmas trees, some good bargains

Thanks for the heads up on Woodies and the other recommendations for Woodies my cousin is on the look out for a new tree she's put me in charge of it:)

I saw this last night and couldn't resist...... :cool:

washiskin wrote: »
    I saw this last night and couldn't resist...... :cool:

Where would one get such an item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Finally managed to open it ahh that is great..

Spotted trees in Dunnes last night and a few bit, I refused to look at them no until after Halloween....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I can't post an image, but popped into dunnes earlier, and got a lovely clear bauble with a band of silver glitter and sequences, and green berry tinsel garland because I only have a storage radiator, and proper leavy garland wouldn't look good in such a small space! Hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll be in a house with a proper fireplace surround to decorate by next Xmas :)

Where would one get such an item?

Harvey Norman :)

I picked up a Christmas jumper in Penneys, took a trip to Woodies in Glasnevin not much of their stock out yet the staff member I spoke to said they think the special offers on the Christmas trees will run for the month of October

SarahLil wrote: »
    I picked up a Christmas jumper in Penneys, took a trip to Woodies in Glasnevin not much of their stock out yet the staff member I spoke to said they think the special offers on the Christmas trees will run for the month of October

SarahLil, did they have any lights? My big set died last year on Stephens day and I had to leave them on, so when I returned them in January they had none I could swap them for, I remember they were on sale in October last year so got them at a good price

SarahLil, did they have any lights? My big set died last year on Stephens day and I had to leave them on, so when I returned them in January they had none I could swap them for, I remember they were on sale in October last year so got them at a good price

I was in Woodies in Carrickmines today and they had lights. Don't know if they were on offer as I didn't look as I don't need any this year.

They had no lights out yet in Woodies Glasnevin I'd say over the next couple of days they will the shelves were empty, the staff said Blanchardstown is a bigger store and their stock are out on the floor, didn't see tree lights in Penneys yet just plenty of battery operated lights

I bought a fabulous skiing penguin in Dunnes today, but the best thing was there was a family in the shop with two little girls who were really excited about picking a decoration each. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I didn't buy anything... But almost did! I was in M&S yesterday...

Sigh...

• Advertisement

Definitely want a cushion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Alicat wrote: »
    Sigh...

Wow! The Cork store is nothing as nice as that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

northgirl wrote: »
    Wow! The Cork store is nothing as nice as that :rolleyes:

I was in the one in Cork yesterday, it was lovely but I think that M&S near Alicat is a bigger store. So much nice stuff, really wanted to buy some of the candles but I resisted!

Just thinking, i'm sure some of the lights on our tree gave up last year so probably have to buy new ones...I bloody hate christmas lights, always breaking and I get really frustrated when they do cos i want the tree to be perfect! :-D

leahyl wrote: »
    I was in the one in Cork yesterday, it was lovely but I think that M&S near Alicat is a bigger store. So much nice stuff, really wanted to buy some of the candles but I resisted!

Just thinking, i'm sure some of the lights on our tree gave up last year so probably have to buy new ones...I bloody hate christmas lights, always breaking and I get really frustrated when they do cos i want the tree to be perfect! :-D

The stuff is lovely alright, the space is just so limited in Cork I think!

The lights tangling up fun every year :pac:

'Twus Mary Street in Dublin :)

So I bought my new Christmas Tree yesterday in Woodies :D (no picture on the website to show you).

Bought these in Next, will put them with a milti-coloured set I seen in Pennys:

900-791s.jpg

Also got this in Next and some Minion Christmas cards:

867-956s.jpg

867-956s3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Bought these in tk max am in love with the sign !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Ah can't get the sign pic up !image.jpg

Penneys have great candles this year! Got a few today. The Christmas Spice one is really nice and they're only EUR1!!
    The silver one isn't really seasonal (White Lily & Peony) but the large ones that are EUR5 look amazing when the are lit up. Very impressed :)

fkz4n6.jpg

Alicat wrote: »
    'Twus Mary Street in Dublin :)

Great pictures I'l try pop in the weekend

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I got lovely goblet shaped glasses in Tk Maxx at the weekend, 6 for €12, ideal for tea lights. They have a frosted top.
    Had spent about the same on ONE glass in Meadows and Byrne last year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement