Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What did you buy today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Alicat wrote: »
    Sigh...

Wow! The Cork store is nothing as nice as that :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

northgirl wrote: »
    Wow! The Cork store is nothing as nice as that :rolleyes:

I was in the one in Cork yesterday, it was lovely but I think that M&S near Alicat is a bigger store. So much nice stuff, really wanted to buy some of the candles but I resisted!

Just thinking, i'm sure some of the lights on our tree gave up last year so probably have to buy new ones...I bloody hate christmas lights, always breaking and I get really frustrated when they do cos i want the tree to be perfect! :-D

leahyl wrote: »
    I was in the one in Cork yesterday, it was lovely but I think that M&S near Alicat is a bigger store. So much nice stuff, really wanted to buy some of the candles but I resisted!

Just thinking, i'm sure some of the lights on our tree gave up last year so probably have to buy new ones...I bloody hate christmas lights, always breaking and I get really frustrated when they do cos i want the tree to be perfect! :-D

The stuff is lovely alright, the space is just so limited in Cork I think!

The lights tangling up fun every year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

'Twus Mary Street in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

So I bought my new Christmas Tree yesterday in Woodies :D (no picture on the website to show you).

Bought these in Next, will put them with a milti-coloured set I seen in Pennys:

900-791s.jpg

Also got this in Next and some Minion Christmas cards:

867-956s.jpg

867-956s3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Bought these in tk max am in love with the sign !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Ah can't get the sign pic up !image.jpg

Penneys have great candles this year! Got a few today. The Christmas Spice one is really nice and they're only EUR1!!
    The silver one isn't really seasonal (White Lily & Peony) but the large ones that are EUR5 look amazing when the are lit up. Very impressed :)

fkz4n6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Alicat wrote: »
    'Twus Mary Street in Dublin :)

Great pictures I'l try pop in the weekend

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I got lovely goblet shaped glasses in Tk Maxx at the weekend, 6 for €12, ideal for tea lights. They have a frosted top.
    Had spent about the same on ONE glass in Meadows and Byrne last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I fell in love with these - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207078227409625&set=oa.918101294939006&type=3&theater
    my 6 year old is getting one for her "Blank story books"

I have loads of my shopping done!

This arrived too - http://www.hobbysew.co.uk/products/necchi-vigorelli-s1?variant=5127562947

I got it at a way better price though.

My 6 year old really wants one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Woodies have 30% off sale on all Christmas stuff until the end of the month, all stock out in carrickmines and sandyford today.

Got 2 sets of lights and saved over €40 so it's worth a trip. Also picked up some string of beads and decorations in heatons

And I got these for the kids christmas eve box, may have to go back and get some for myself!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got this in lidl today. They work a treat. No bending behind the tree to flick off the tree lights :D

jfaoub.jpg

Loughc wrote: »
    I got this in lidl today. They work a treat. No bending behind the tree to flick off the tree lights :D

Me too! Also bought some snowmen tea lights, wrapping paper, some more decorations and some gift bags, I'm so getting into the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

2 tins of quality street 1.3kg and a dam fine looking tin this year. Was €8 wit real rewards card. Came across on the below thread. Might be good to have a similar one here?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97466934#post97466934

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

matchthis wrote: »
    2 tins of quality street 1.3kg and a dam fine looking tin this year. Was €8 wit real rewards card. Came across on the below thread. Might be good to have a similar one here?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97466934#post97466934

We have a thread like that here,

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057361974/4/#post97455703

So it wasn't de-ja vu :pac:

And I got these for the kids christmas eve box, may have to go back and get some for myself!

Can I ask where you got these? They're gorgeous

matchthis wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got these? They're gorgeous

Heatons. I was really surprised by their Christmas stuff, it was really good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Just bought this from the lego store....so excited ....adding it to my previous Winter/ Christmas lego items!
    http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/Santa-s-Workshop-10245

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do they have adult sizes????
    Bought loads of the Christmas gift bags and ribbons in Lidl today. I also picked up Advent calendars for all the smallies.

Do they have adult sizes????

They had similar ones, will be picking up a pair for myself

They also had cute chefs hats for the day itself!

The girl's dress and goblets (for tea lights in the mantelpiece garland:

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

The girl's dress and goblets (for tea lights in the mantelpiece garland:

Love the dress. Where did you get it?

Love the dress. Where did you get it?
    Tk Maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I don't have kids, but if I did, I'd definitely be buying this! So cute! Harvey Norman

366536.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Alicat I don't have kids either but I love this and want it Lol, my other half does tease and say she actually believes in the Big Man because I love Christmas so much

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

That's really cute. If it was more colourful I'd buy it for my nephew. He's only 5 though so I don't think he'd appreciate it, colourful or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Yesterday I bought three Carolyn Donnelly decorations for the tree and also a Newbridge Silver decoration.....I'll post pics later

Advertisement