Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DavidKeane

Marks & Spencer have a good sale on boxes of chocolates/biscuits at the moment. They're always back to full price before Xmas itself, so handy if anyone is stocking up/buying gifts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

13ygw95.jpg

I know many of ye know about this but for anyone that doesn't... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Argos 3 for 2 should be starting fairly soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Heatons half price toy sale have great stuff in it. From big Santa gifts to stocking fillers. Also, dunno if it's still on but halfords were selling items for way less than half price. I got a ride on trike for €25 down from €90 (may have mentioned that already.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I know most supermarkets have tins of sweets in but I heard Dunnes are doing two tins for 10 euro and you can mix and match tins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

SarahLil wrote: »
    I know most supermarkets have tins of sweets in but I heard Dunnes are doing two tins for 10 euro and you can mix and match tins

They are - I got a tin of Roses & a tin of Heroes. They also had Celebrations. That was in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Argos 3 for 2 on toys is on

Anyone looking for biscuits for themselves or gifts marks and spencer had boxes 2 for 10 euro mix and match in store

I imagine they will go back up in price I'm undecided might pick some up for my mams neighbours they have been very good to us, I am leaning towards candles for them but some of the biscuits look quite fancy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Brown Thomas are currently doing Clinique bonus time if anyone is planning on buying anybody beauty products this year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There is a deal on Pigsback.com for a choice of Christmas duvet covers from 22.99 here:
    http://www.pigsback.com/en-ie/offer/252629/ground-level
    I like the red and white one myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Christmas stuff in lidl next Monday 17th, including those wireless sockets, I think I've read about people using them for tree lights, are they worth a purchase?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Christmas stuff in lidl next Monday 17th, including those wireless sockets, I think I've read about people using them for tree lights, are they worth a purchase?

Yes yes yes to the wireless sockets. I bought them last year in LIDL and I use them everyday since for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Great, I'll make sure to grab a set so!

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes yes yes to the wireless sockets. I bought them last year in LIDL and I use them everyday since for everything.

Are they really good Loughc ? Was thinking of getting them for my mothers house as she lives alone now, would they be handy for putting a lamp on etc? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭joebloggs123

Wireless sockets?

SarahLil wrote: »
    Are they really good Loughc ? Was thinking of getting them for my mothers house as she lives alone now, would they be handy for putting a lamp on etc? TIA

We're using 3 of the 4 we bought now. One for the tv, one for a lamp and another for our sound system.

Wireless sockets?

Remote control sockets really. So you can turn off your Christmas tree lights by pressing a remote button rather than having to reach in behind the tree to switch it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We've had them for the few years also, it makes it so much easier to turn everything on at Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Tescos had chocolate Kimberly for E8 today! I always stock up on these for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Thanks for the review on the remote sockets was looking at these myself !! Also I'm almost sure I seen boots 3 for 2 has started on my fb time line today !

• Advertisement

There's a Christmas Tree on sale in Lidl next Monday for 29.99. http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=46722

Anyone ever bought one of them before? I'm looking for a tree for our kitchen. Mr. Shoe Lover likes a real tree but our house is so warm, that the bugger was pretty much dead the day after Christmas Day, so I've decided that this year, he can have his real tree in the sitting room & I'm putting a fake one in the kitchen as I spend more time during Christmas in there anyway.

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    There's a Christmas Tree on sale in Lidl next Monday for 29.99. http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=46722

Anyone ever bought one of them before? I'm looking for a tree for our kitchen. Mr. Shoe Lover likes a real tree but our house is so warm, that the bugger was pretty much dead the day after Christmas Day, so I've decided that this year, he can have his real tree in the sitting room & I'm putting a fake one in the kitchen as I spend more time during Christmas in there anyway.

I never bought one in LIDL but I got one in home store and more last year and it's great. If you're getting a fake tree my advice would be to splash the cash for it as you'll have it for years and years.

I never bought one in LIDL but I got one in home store and more last year and it's great. If you're getting a fake tree my advice would be to splash the cash for it as you'll have it for years and years.

I was thinking of Homestore - but they won't have their trees in until after Hallowe'en. Think I'll wait - 30quid seems a bit too good to be true! Don't want it looking too sparse or stingy.

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I was thinking of Homestore - but they won't have their trees in until after Hallowe'en. Think I'll wait - 30quid seems a bit too good to be true! Don't want it looking too sparse or stingy.

I bought one in Argos for €40 before and the poor tree looked like it had alopecia by the second year I had it.

Ladies pjs in Dunnes Stores reduced from 15 to 12 euro for top and bottoms

Debenhams have 20% off when you spend €25 or more on toys.

20% OFF* toys with a €25 spend
    ONLINE ONLY
    Use code: MR94

Debenhams have 20% off when you spend €25 or more on toys.

20% OFF* toys with a €25 spend
    ONLINE ONLY

Debenhams emailed again. They meant €35.

20% OFF* toys with a €35 spend
    ONLINE ONLY

Not a good start Debenhams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

kitten_k wrote: »

oh those storage tins are just fab. I'd struggle to think what to put in them, but I'm tempted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Dunnes have the tins of Cadbury biscuits 2 for 10e and plastic tins of celebrations and heroes for 6e

Advertisement