Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oh and if anyone sees if the boxes of tayto's go down to 4 euro, could they post it here please because I got a box of them for 4 euro last year in Duness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone see selection boxes at 3 for €5 yet? - speaking off selection boxes !!

Hi guys the Tayto/king cheese and onion/variety crisps Party Box 20 pack are 4 euro tomorrow only Friday the 4th of December in Centra. ONE DAY ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

essentials14.jpg.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh yes!!! Is that all centras or just selected stores?

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh yes!!! Is that all centras or just selected stores?

All centra's I think, got an email about it. Ive been told by other people that Duness are also selling them for 4 euro and someone else said Aldi are aswell but havent seen those offers myself, :):)

• Advertisement

Have been told they are selling them in Aldi for 3.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tesco has Smirnoff 70cl for €17 at the moment. That's pretty much as cheap as it gets. (Although Supervalu did have 2 for €30 a week or two ago but that's very rare!) Perfect for Christmas cocktails and visitors and just general drinking!

Walkers box 30 pack 4 euro in Supervalu, think the offer is running till next Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone see selection boxes at 3 for €5 yet? - speaking off selection boxes !!

2 for €4.50 in Tesco over the weekend. Haven't seen them anywhere cheaper yet

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

BDJW wrote: »
    2 for €4.50 in Tesco over the weekend. Haven't seen them anywhere cheaper yet

I saw the medium cadbury selection box for €2 in Dealz today - there were 6 bars in it

• Advertisement

There are lovely Irish liquer(baileys) cheesecakes deleuxe range in lidl for 3.49, I think they're really nice.

The annual soft drinks wars have started. Supervalu have Pepsi Max, Club Orange and 7up 18 can pack for a fiver. It's just for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

The annual soft drinks wars have started. Supervalu have Pepsi Max, Club Orange and 7up 18 can pack for a fiver. It's just for today.

Are they selling insulin cheap too? ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are they selling insulin cheap too? ;)

Get Pepsi Max no sugar. Job done.

Yeah the diabetic in my family is quite happy with cheap Pepsi Max and so am I. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Got a box of 20 tayto cheese and onion (variety was also available ) in lidl today for 3.89 or 3.95 lol can't member which ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm not buying the boxes of Tayto, Glitzigirl...I have no self-control when it comes to crisps.
    I'll stick with one or two tubes of Pringles over Christmas; at least that way when they're gone, they're gone quickly.
    Enjoy yours though!

2 large Yankee Candles (selected fragrances) for €25 in Homestore + More at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

70cl Baileys in Tesco E12 also in SuperValu, ��

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm not buying the boxes of Tayto, Glitzigirl...I have no self-control when it comes to crisps.
    I'll stick with one or two tubes of Pringles over Christmas; at least that way when they're gone, they're gone quickly.
    Enjoy yours though!

2 large Yankee Candles (selected fragrances) for €25 in Homestore + More at the moment.

Lol ! I don't expect they will last long with Mr glitzgirl and the little ones rummaging in the treat press. Thank god I don't like tayto or I'd b munching away on them here watching emmerdale :)

Hi guys in centra only tomorrow Friday the 11th, pack of 24 Carlsberg Cans 20 euro. and tomorrow also USA Biscuit Tin 1kg 8.50 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

Loughc wrote: »
    Get Pepsi Max no sugar. Job done.

Don't start me on "Aspartame" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Don't start me on "Aspartame" :eek:

What about that new stevia?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was in Waterford today and the gift shop in the Medieval Museum had some lovely, somewhat unusual decorations. 30% off them all from today too. I got all this lot (attached) for €9.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

miamee wrote: »
    I was in Waterford today and the gift shop in the Medieval Museum had some lovely, somewhat unusual decorations. 30% off them all from today too. I got all this lot (attached) for €9.20.

They are all incredible!

I nearly want to drive from Dublin to Waterford!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was looking on Wish last night and they have a few Christmas bargains. I have never ordered from them before, has any of the other elves?

IMG_8653_zpsfv7x9ilb.png

IMG_8655_zpsrwrha2ts.png

IMG_8654_zpsdzghbzjl.png

IMG_8657_zpsxcvpjn0j.png

IMG_8658_zps0mfbcneg.png

IMG_8656_zpsiymx2qh8.png

IMG_8659_zpsvwu9cli5.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20 yulenka4

kitten_k wrote: »
    Was looking on Wish last night and they have a few Christmas bargains. I have never ordered from them before, has any of the other elves?

Very Sketchy site be very careful ordering from these. My mother spend over 100 euro ordering stuff from them. Half of her other came after a long wait, which was very bad quality might I add, she is still waiting on a refund for the missing items. Their customer service is non existent.

I haven't used Wish myself personally but anyone I do know that have used it have complained about the quality of the products, then again for the prices quoted even if you got a year out of the stuff it'd be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Ive ordered several things over the past year and find the reviews pretty spot on. If it's bad quality then reviewers will say so just don't go by the reviews that are first in the page, scroll down a bit.

Say out of 10 items maybe 3 were of great quality, 5 were good for the price and 2 were a waste of cash. However I was refunded easily for the 2 (although I cheated and said they never arrived so didn't have to post back).

Just yesterday I had a delivery of a large sack cloth cushion cover with the lyrics to the song "you are my sunshine" printed on it and I'm really happy with it :)

+1 to the above statements kitten_k. I haven't used Wish as I have heard a lot of negative reviews. I know it may be a bit more expensive but heatons and homestore and more had some of those bits . At least if there was a problem u could exchange them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement