Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Yankee Blanchardstown have some large jars at 19.95 each Cinnamon Stick, Madagasar Orchid plus a couple of others, I paid 45 euro for two large jars online last year I still saved but I think the above is a good deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Dunnes have the tins of Cadbury biscuits 2 for 10e and plastic tins of celebrations and heroes for 6e

I don't know about anybody else, but if I bought tins of biscuits for Christmas now, I'd have them all eaten before the start of December :o:p

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

BDJW wrote: »
    Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Dunnes have the tins of Cadbury biscuits 2 for 10e and plastic tins of celebrations and heroes for 6e

I don't know about anybody else, but if I bought tins of biscuits for Christmas now, I'd have them all eaten before the start of December :o:p

We'll we might just break into one ... ......

Large box of Dairybox and Black Magic 760g 10 euro in SuperValu I'm almost sure the small box is over 8euro in Dunne Stores

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

BDJW wrote: »

I'm not gonna lie, I thought about this on Saturday while making a cup of tea & realising how bad the biscuit selection was. I managed to hold off and had a custard cream but there's still a long way to Christmas....:cool::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

The Boots Star Gift this week is a Yankee Candle Christmas set!

One medium Christmas Eve
    One small Winter Glow
    Two votive Cosy By The Fire
    Two votive Bundle Up
    Two 12-pack tealights in Christmas Cookie and Christmas Eve

All for €30, and it's about 334 hours of burn time. Released tomorrow in Boots :)

400152.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Foresty

^cancer

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Foresty wrote: »
    ^cancer

I think the reindeer is called prancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Got the last Yankee candle set in jervis. Will go nicely with the Yankee candle advent calendar :D

Have one of these reserved, but also can be ordered

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6015707.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

Advent calendar of makeup. Great for my diabetic daughter!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

matchthis wrote:

matchthis wrote:

Just made a reservation!

Thank you, matchthis.

matchthis wrote: »

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6015707.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A7708057

Brilliant idea

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Yankee.ie are selling the 2016 Yankee candle advent calendar for €14.95 reduced from €33.49, until 07th of November. I bought one there this morning, very good value. Also Snowflake cookie large jars are €19.95... :-)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The shop that used to be BT2 on Grafton Street is now called The Brand Shop and is selling all sorts of things at aknock down price (clearing out what was left in BT2 perhaps). Anyway, they have a load of Tipperary Crystal candles for €9 reduced from €17.95. Last time I was in they had some nice scents so I went back to buy one as a gift. They've added a few Christmas scents so I bought one called White Christmas for myself instead :pac:

Argos 3 for 2 on toys is on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

matchthis wrote: »
    Argos 3 for 2 on toys is on.

To counter this Symths are offering up to 50% off until the 6th and Debenhams have a 20% off all toys orders over €35 until the 6th also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dunnes currently has a 2 for 20e offer on the Jacobs tins of Chocolate Mikado's, Kimberley, Afternoon Tea and USA - think this is a great deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,957 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Dunnes also have the Medium sized selection boxes , 6 for 10 Euro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Dunnes also have the Medium sized selection boxes , 6 for 10 Euro :)

Medium Cadburys selection boxes are 4 Euro each in Tesco at the moment, so definitely a bargain. Might go to Dunnes on my lunch today and pick up some selection boxes!

• Advertisement

Debenhams have 25% off online and in store today only. And free delivery for online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Will someone let me know if you see the large Yankee Candles on offer anywhere?
    Don't want to pay €27.99 for one and I know some places put them at half price around Christmas.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Will someone let me know if you see the large Yankee Candles on offer anywhere?
    Don't want to pay €27.99 for one and I know some places put them at half price around Christmas.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/special-offers/yankee-fragrance-of-the-month/icat/specialofferf

Theres some here for €17.99.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Keep an eye out for Chocolate Kimberley tins for me!
    The cheapest I can find at the moment is €14 but I know I can do better! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Posy wrote: »

I think I saw them 2 for €20 in Dunnes... can't be 100% sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ya and the chocolate milkado please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Aaah Posy. Supervalu had them last week for E10 a tin......back to usual price this week. I.l keep an eye out....

I know!! I missed the offer by a day. :(

I only need one tin so I'll wait and see if I can get a better deal than Dunnes are offering. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I know!! I missed the offer by a day. :(

I only need one tin so I'll wait and see if I can get a better deal than Dunnes are offering. :pac:

Ya I'm the same I only want to buy one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Anybody know the best place to look for girls (toddler) Christmas clothes? Limited gift budget of €20 for a dress. Online would be best. I can't get into Dublin city centre. I do have the white water shopping centre close to me though. Although had a quick look there yesterday and nothing jumps out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Seemingly Super Valu have 2 bottles of Baileys for €24 this weekend......and I got a €5 voucher off a €25 shop this week....so 2 bottles of Baileys and a bar of choc for €20 for me when I go in this weekend:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Tesco up north have 1l bottle of Baileys for £12, same bottle on offer in the south for €24

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255249782

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Whispered wrote: »
    Anybody know the best place to look for girls (toddler) Christmas clothes? Limited gift budget of €20 for a dress. Online would be best. I can't get into Dublin city centre. I do have the white water shopping centre close to me though. Although had a quick look there yesterday and nothing jumps out.

Penneys have gorgeous little Christmas dresses for little girls. very very cute and I'd imagine well within your budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Supervalu def have the 2 bottles of Baileys for E24 on offer, bought some last night.....

And to Whispered....my niece got a most gorgeous red dress in Dunnes for E22 during the week, for her little one.
    Red, short sleeves, lovely detail on it, and a kind of kick out skirt. And lovely fabric. Might be worth a look..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Whispered wrote: »

Have you tried Tesco? They sometimes have gorgeous clothes for kids.

Saw this on Twitter. It's an elf door complete with Christmas decorations. €7 in Tiger apparently. Complete bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ah crap the picture won't upload. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah crap the picture won't upload. :(

Here they are Toto:

14925654_10154227666144702_6965756351589689528_n.jpg?oh=3ae893484194dd636da65abe71352d7b&oe=58946FE3

See message from me above!!!!

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya and the chocolate milkado please.

Are my posts invisible? :D

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Are my posts invisible? :D

What? :eek: Who said that!?

:pac:

Picked up a box of roses in my local centra today for 3.50. Nice to have in the wardrobe for surprise guests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Dunnes currently has a 2 for 20e offer on the Jacobs tins of Chocolate Mikado's, Kimberley, Afternoon Tea and USA - think this is a great deal.

Excellent value, snapped a few of these up. Good to get things done early :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Excellent value, snapped a few of these up. Good to get things done early :)

See message from me above!!!!
    I said I only want one tin!! :D

I said I only want one tin!! :D

Well why not get 2 and give one as a gift! :-P

Well why not get 2 and give one as a gift! :-P

I gladly accept that gift :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I was in homestore and more yesterday and there's half price on all types of baking trays/cake trays, got a big pizza tray , 2 muffin trays, a quiche tray, and a brownie tray for 21 euro. They also have the yankee candles at the usual 27 euro but there was a few around the 17 euro mark , a few different scents not necessarily for Christmas but might do as presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

I got them a few weeks ago in tescos for E8. Generally Dunnes sell them before christmas for E8 too but I havent seen them coming down that low yet. I saw them the other day in Centra for E10 if thats any good, check your local centra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Amazon's Black Friday Sale is starting today until the 25th. Not sure if I should get the stuff I want now or wait until closer to the 25th itself. I'll be disgusted if I don't get maximum reductions :p:pac::pac:

I've never ordered from amazon before. Is postage calculated automatically or do you need to have an account with parcel motel or the likes?

• Advertisement
Advertisement