Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivetime with Mary Wilson

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Chambers let himself be Paxmaned at the end about the "discussion". Lightweight entirely not up to a grilling - which is exactly what his job requires him to give out to TDs so I suspect he's not suited to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

L1011 wrote: »
    Chambers let himself be Paxmaned at the end about the "discussion". Lightweight entirely not up to a grilling - which is exactly what his job requires him to give out to TDs so I suspect he's not suited to it.

I’d blame the tool who let him out to take the discussion Tristar.

Unprepared, all over the place, no presence, let a ‘ Branston Pickle League presenter’ run rings around him.

To use an NFL expression ....Chambers...can perform on the water (Out on the sides)but not on the concrete(Between the numbers)..... where it hurts.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

PBH

None More Smug

Aah the Sultan of Smug and the Doomsday Dog have opened up , all gone into negative mode big time.

At least the govt haven’t horsed taxpayer moolah into Ollie Bond Entertainment.

Perhaps the advisors will justify their cost, doubt if the Ollie Bond Entertainment bunch will justify their contribution.

First ten minutes all negative from the Sultan of Smug and the Doomsday Dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Is Philip Boucher Hayes actually working for the Government at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

RTE employee, public servant, so yeah, works for the government and for the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Disgraceful interview with the Swedish doctor

In what way, bud.

Mad_maxx wrote: »

Getting the Dr to say that Sweden is wrong?

Where was the Doomsday Dog ?

• Advertisement

Where was the Doomsday Dog ?

They're probably preping him for his own show. :o

imme wrote: »
    They're probably preping him for his own show. :o

Probably not enough deaths yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭3d4life

Dr was having none of it, more power to the Dr :)

Opportunity for an interesting interview wasted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Hayes seemed to be more concerned about proving our Government's decisions were not wrong, as opposed to learning from the Swedish experience. The whole interview the guest said "I was ASKED to come here to talk about the Swedish experience, NOT to suggest what Ireland should do". But still Hayes pushed the issue, finally having his gotcha moment at the end of the interview when got the guest to admit that Ireland!=Sweden. Not that anybody had suggested that in the first place.

Hayes seemed to be more concerned about proving our Government's decisions were not wrong, as opposed to learning from the Swedish experience. The whole interview the guest said "I was ASKED to come here to talk about the Swedish experience, NOT to suggest what Ireland should do". But still Hayes pushed the issue, finally having his gotcha moment at the end of the interview when got the guest to admit that Ireland!=Sweden. Not that anybody had suggested that in the first place.

Is a Drive Time type show somewhere where you get alternative processes, a radical alternative to what's being done.

It's an interview show, 'what are you doing this for' type interviews with government ministers or opposition politicians.

Do they go in for indepth analysis.

Think the doctor figured out he was being subjected to an ambush rather than a good will interview and rather sarcastically said "could be " as his final words when replying to boucher Hayes line about us being so different that the Swedish model is not applicable here

He showed himself to be a good little NPHET soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I thought it was the doctor who came across as the bigger numpty and seemed pretty clueless about the Irish situation - let him **** off home and look after Sweden's problems or perhaps they don't give him airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

I can't stand PBH, but I thought the interview was perfectly reasonable. This doctor said at the Dail committee that Ireland "should" adopt a Swedish type strategy, but when questioned by PBH, he stressed that he doesn't know enough about Ireland and that it's not for him to tell the Irish what to do. Really vague answers and lacking details...why would he not probe further?

It seems to me that people's broader views and (lack of) support for NPHET and the government's approach to Covid19 is clouding their objectivity. "Disgraceful interview", "ambush", "good little NPHET soldier"...just a touch over the top?

It's not like we are Tanzania, Ireland and Sweden are both western countries in Europe, the class size difference is irrelevant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

You only have to look a pbhs twitter history to see the biased c**t that he is

• Advertisement

You only have to look a pbhs twitter history to see the biased c**t that he is

He is certainly not on the side of the Govt. as I see it.

Himself and the Doomsday Dog start off nowadays with around 10 -15 minutes hacking at the Govt.

Not that they don’t need some but total attack is a bit much.

Here’s a much more stable reporter other than the Doomsday Dog.

Let’s hope the Jackass who was involved in the Berlin debacle gets just deserts.

Look at McAleers bar up in the ‘Gannon.

It's not like we are Tanzania, Ireland and Sweden are both western countries in Europe, the class size difference is irrelevant

The general health of the peoples of Sweden and Ireland are really quite different, with our much more abundant level of obesity and numbers of estates which have considerable socio-economic issues. Sweden has a more equally educated populace, and a higher level of physical fitness across its demographic.

Pearse..... they didnt follow the advice.

Now you are whinging about supporting people.

Pearse.... far better if you ‘supported’ the HSE and called out the stults who carried on like everything was normal.

But no.... you might encourage people to look after THEMSELVES Pearse.

Game is up, McCullagh let you away with that crap.

Pearse..... they didnt follow the advice.

Now you are whinging about supporting people.

Pearse.... far better if you ‘supported’ the HSE and called out the stults who carried on like everything was normal.

But no.... you might encourage people to look after THEMSELVES Pearse.

Game is up, McCullagh let you away with that crap.

Info, did you actually hear Doherty whinging for support.

And Donegal totally, apart from a few people, completely ignoring the Covid regulations

McCullagh totally ignores this response.

The taxpayer will cover it.

My Jaysus...... that all I can say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Info, did you actually hear Doherty whinging for support.

And Donegal totally, apart from a few people, completely ignoring the Covid regulations

McCullagh totally ignores this response.

The taxpayer will cover it.

My Jaysus...... that all I can say.
    Between that and the Donegal shop owner who had to close due to an outbreak amongst staff but then went on to say that he understands the behaviour of the young......am I missing something? ?

Should do a running total on how much money politicians and vested interests will be looking for on the radio tomorrow. ...

Here’s the Doomsday Dog riding hard on the Doom n’ Gloom horse.

The funereal voice, the rasping breathing, the ‘we are all forked‘ delivery .

Now the cadence is rising, Ibeza mentioned , the DD **** up the the pressure.

No fear of him condemning anything.... just ratchet up the pressure.

Terrible reporting and a load of bolloxx

Jaysus they are coming down the back straight , we are all fuherked

The DD is goin into negavity and doomsday overdrive......don’t blame the tools on the ground whatever you do.

Ignore the obvious reasons, just blame the Gubbermint......

Probably lying down panting after that stupid biased report.

Carry on.....

• Advertisement

Now here’s that tool Doherty trying to clean up the mess his people initiated.

Place was the Wild West in regards of drink and not a word from Lollypop Head.

Why didn’t you pipe up Doherty before the dam burst.

Total idiot , wise after the event, but said fuhherke all when the obvious was building.

It’s about leadership before the shíte hits the fan, and there was NONE from PIERSE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement