Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**First Years 2013-2014**

Options
1293031323335»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

Rigamortus wrote: »
    hmmm.. i know you
    I know you.
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    I know the pair of yee
    matt.finn wrote: »
    I dont know anyone... Jayyyysus

And I know ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

Booked a twin room in corrib village for the coming year it will be my first year. Booked twin because wanted company didnt want to be stuck in a single room on my own in case i didnt make friends. Now I dont know if I did the right thing any advice. I know the person i might b sharing with might b mad but then again they might be grand Really dont know what to do now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

dan1 wrote: »
    Booked a twin room in corrib village for the coming year it will be my first year. Booked twin because wanted company didnt want to be stuck in a single room on my own in case i didnt make friends. Now I dont know if I did the right thing any advice. I know the person i might b sharing with might b mad but then again they might be grand Really dont know what to do now

Coming from a first year not living in corrib I strongly believe you made the right choice. The roommate thing is the luck of the draw. Itll probably be grand tho. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

It's pretty impossible to make no friends. You would have to actively try.

However the twin room now restricts you in other ways, like bringing someone back after a night out.

God help you if your room mate snores as much as mine did in first year. Unless you are a very tolerant person, you'll hate each and every single person you live with eventually.

However the twin room now restricts you in other ways, like bringing someone back after a night out.

God help you if your room mate snores as much as mine did in first year. Unless you are a very tolerant person, you'll hate each and every single person you live with eventually.

I live with 4 people. I really like my roomate. :) the rest. Theyre grand bar 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Make any effort and you'll love it. You'll make friends with your other housemates too. And your neighbours most likely. Remember that very few people are out there that dont want to get along with new people. Dont let yourself get pushed over but dont come off as over agressive and you should be fine.

Exactly. Everyone is new. Galway is best for this cause more people than any other college move from home to go to college here so everyone want to meet new people and make new friends.

And there are systems. All ya have to do is text them saying that they need to stay elsewhere for the night and unless they are just the worst they'll be lad about it and stay on someones couch.

I cant say I hate my room mate yet. Not at all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 edelg

Have my name down for Gort na Coiribe for next year, living in Cuirt this year! Anyone have any experience of living with randomers there? Hoping there will be other 2nd years in de same boat! As long as I have people to go out with I'm happy :)

edelg wrote: »
    Have my name down for Gort na Coiribe for next year, living in Cuirt this year! Anyone have any experience of living with randomers there? Hoping there will be other 2nd years in de same boat! As long as I have people to go out with I'm happy :)

I ended up living with 3 second years and sharing a room with a first year this year, had never met a single 1 of them prior. Whoever you end up you end up just make the most of it :D I'm sure youll be grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭dan1

Hi Just wondered did anyone else get e mail from corrib village yesterday telling them to complete their application

• Registered Users Posts: 8 India7

yeah I got one !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 emilys94

anyone know when summer results are outtt??

emilys94 wrote: »
    anyone know when summer results are outtt??

Depends on your course

https://www.mis.nuigalway.ie/regexam/results_personal_schedule.asp?ay=2013&sess=2&assessment_sitting=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Ursula Cisa

You are going to love Galway. It is a city full of excitement. Plenty of thing to do. Just give enough time for your studies. You are not in school any more. Oh god I sound like my mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

You are going to love Galway. It is a city full of excitement. Plenty of thing to do. Just give enough time for your studies. You are not in school any more. Oh god I sound like my mom.

i still am like wow, as to how i passed everything with how many lectures i didn't go to and how much weed was smoked

My god guys we aint first years no mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MilkyBird

crazy to think..

Lets laugh at the new ones

• Registered Users Posts: 6 katiekennedy

mulciber wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing computer science in NUIG. Anyone else doing it? =)

Im hoping to do CS, where you from, you got accommodation yet ? :)

Wouldnt find any Comp Sci people around here. No siree. None at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kigmax67

You should get a good decent ID from irishdriverslicence, just do a quick search online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 ezrahidaya

A friend of mine is going to start it.

Advertisement