Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**First Years 2013-2014**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WSobchak95

CompSci guys are lucky. You are way closer to the College Bar. We only have a café. What kinda **** is that? Do they sell alcohol in the Zinc Café, I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    we probably meet our mentors who then bring us in groups to where the group photo is take :pac::pac:

You're on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

WSobchak95 wrote: »
    CompSci guys are lucky. You are way closer to the College Bar. We only have a café. What kinda **** is that? Do they sell alcohol in the Zinc Café, I wonder.

ya could probably be in college bar easily in 5 mins or so its not that far

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

You're on fire.

all out with the logical possibilities tonight

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    ya could probably be in college bar easily in 5 mins or so its not that far
    Yeh but the problem is getting back to the Engineering building after 10 pints in the College bar. On a sidenote, perhaps Admiral Ackbar is the Dean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

You?

I'm in the 1st as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MilkyBird

Hey guys ...add me to the First Year Computer Science & IT list :D

MilkyBird wrote: »
    Hey guys ...add me to the First Year Computer Science & IT list :D
    There are so many people doing CompSci in this thread. We need some more engineers.

I wonder are many of the female species taking CompSci might I ask???

Somebody who had graduated CompSci said there were 3 girls in her class out of 60, so pretty shaky numbers there. Hoping there are a few girls doing Biomedical Engineering, I'd like around a 50/50 split.

• Advertisement

Somebody who had graduated CompSci said there were 3 girls in her class out of 60, so pretty shaky numbers there. Hoping there are a few girls doing Biomedical Engineering, I'd like around a 50/50 split.

Fat chance man, Although I do know a very attractive suit of ladies doing undenominated so you're sorted :D

Fat chance man, Although I do know a very attractive suit of ladies doing undenominated so you're sorted :D
    That is pleasant news. Well I mean Biomed is surely the Engineering class with the most girls. It will have more than CompSci anyway surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

What's going on tomorrow? Do we only go to the Dean of our college or is there more?

Doris300 wrote: »
    What's going on tomorrow? Do we only go to the Dean of our college or is there more?
    What course are you doing? I'm in at 11 for a meeting with the Dean and then at 11:30 there's a Presentation on Student Supports available and then at 14:30 there's a meeting with the other Biomed students and the Mech Engineering students.

What course are you doing? I'm in at 11 for a meeting with the Dean and then at 11:30 there's a Presentation on Student Supports available and then at 14:30 there's a meeting with the other Biomed students and the Mech Engineering students.

I'm doing general science. Where did you find this information?

It's all in the Student Guide Book, you should have got in the post. It looks like you won't be doing all that then, I think you're in at 3pm. http://www.nuigalway.ie/student_services/documents/start_dates.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Also doing science and I hadnt a clue of this......maybe I should take a closer look at that students guide :rolleyes:

But first-I must pack!!!!!!!!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭AllCaps

Science here too... Does anyone have any idea how long our talks will last? An hour each maybe? It's handy that they only start at 15:00 too, the other courses seem to all be starting at 11:00, one's at 9:30 :O

Have you other science lads/ladies registered your modules yet?

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Also doing science and I hadnt a clue of this......maybe I should take a closer look at that students guide :rolleyes:

But first-I must pack!!!!!!!!!! :o

Don't know anyone who's doing science or where I'm supposed to go :eek:

AllCaps wrote: »
    Science here too... Does anyone have any idea how long our talks will last? An hour each maybe? It's handy that they only start at 15:00 too, the other courses seem to all be starting at 11:00, one's at 9:30 :O

Have you other science lads/ladies registered your modules yet?

Nope bt Im having problems registering-whos to say Ill be doing science at all :P :/

Genuinely worried at this stage :o

• Advertisement

Havent a frickin clue :P Ill find my way....... somehow.....eventually :rolleyes:

I don't know anyone doing Engineering either and if you go to the NUIG website you can get up a campus map and you should find what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

This should shed light on yer predicament.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Nope bt Im having problems registering-whos to say Ill be doing science at all :P :/

Genuinely worried at this stage :o

If you have free time tomorrow, go to Aras Uí Cathail (if you can find it :P) and they'll help you out with the registration stuff.

It's in the building above the Bialann somewhere... I think we'll all be in the same boat with not knowing where to go :o

I know there's one member of the female species in comp sci anyways..

I know there's one member of the female species in comp sci anyways..
    I feel like I may have overestimated the number of girls in BioMed, I was hoping for at least like 35% females.

All the women be doing Arts or Law or Business

All the women be doing Arts or Law or Business

Or teaching, the amount of them going for teaching from my school was mad.

Then again, we were near to Mary I.

• Advertisement

That would be Arts since NUIG dosent have primary teaching to my knowledge.

Advertisement