Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discworld Quiz!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Thaed grins and chucks a packet of Stonkies Penny prevenatives at Thesonof battles.

WEll done your turn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Sorry, I took so long to reply. Been a lazy b*****d the last few days. Before my question though, just wondering what do you want me to do with these preservatives? :eek:

And my question: Where does Ricewind meet Death for the first time in a Discworld Book?

Colour of magic.
    Rincewind? Death said, in tones as deep and heavy as the slamming of leaden doors, far underground.

'Um,' said Rincewind, trying to back away from that eyeless stare.

But why are you here? (Boom, boom went crypt lids, in the worm-haunted fastnesses under old mountains...)

'Um, why not?' said Rincewind. 'Anyway, I'm sure you've got lots to do, so if you'll just-'

I was surprised that you jostled me, Rincewind, for I have an appointment with thee this very night.

'Oh no, not-'

Of course, what's so bloody vexing about the whole business is that I was expecting to meet thee in Psephopolis.

'But that's five hundred miles away!'

You don't have to tell me, the whole system's got screwed up again. Look, there's no chance of you-?

Rincewind backed away, hands spread protectively in front of him. The dried fish salesman on a nearby stall watched this madman with interest.

'Not a chance!'

I could lend you a very fast horse.

'No!'

It won't hurt a bit.

'No!' Rincewind turned and ran. Death watched him go, and shrugged bitterly.

/Me throws the pack of preservatives back at Thaed, your go Madam.

I was actually looking for the bazaars of Morpork, but maybe it only says that in the audio book I was listening to. Meh, close enough.

/me look at TheSonOfBattles and weighes the possibilty of gentice infection against natures best contraception (lack of personilty) and comes to the conclusion Nobby would have more use for the packet of Penny Preventatives. ;)

according to the most marvells Nanny Ogg what do Tarts start out as ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Maids of Honour (If you take your eyes off them)

indeed. correct and yes it was a tad easy but then again to are they. and not much point in asking for the ingrediants of Nannys slumpie for not many have the cook book.

What happened (the most details we have access to) to Mr Hong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ravaan

He opened the Three Jolly Luck Take-away Fish Bar on the site of the old temple in Dagon Street on the night of the Winter solstice when it also happened to be a full moon.

Presumably he came to a sticky end.

What's the head of the Omnian church called?

• Advertisement

Discribe the sticky end, there is a discription somewhere.

This'd better not be out of the companion, or one of the diaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

i believe they found half of his earlobe

As Ridcully discribed it, (can't make it any easier with out giving the answer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

One minute he was dishing up an order of double cod and mushy peas, the next minute : Aaaaerrrrscream-gristle-gristle-gristle-crack and a shower of fried food

Correct - (Word perfect).

Your go (again)

• Advertisement

So where was it from then?

Oh, and this brings up a point – If everyone’s agreeable to it can we say that questions have to come from the 27…sorry, 28 core books and not mess about with the cookbook, diaries, companions, science of… and mappes? It’d make it fairer cos, like Thaed said, not everyone’s got the peripheral books. Oh, and how’s about a book reference with every correct answer? (That ‘what proportion of assasins…’ question’s still bugging me)

Name Three Discworld magazines for the military enthusiast.

hmmmm two are easy,

/me goes to glare at her book shelf until the book with the 3rd reference is suficently embarrased and jumps from the shelf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

and how’s about a book reference with every correct answer?

Yeah, that proportion of assasins Q is still bothering me too.

1) Bows and Ammo <---- that was the easy one - it's been in 4 or 5 books
    2) Practical Siege Weapons
    3) Warrior of Fortune <----both from Jingo, which was the first place I looked. I know there's a few that King Verence gets in for Shawn Ogg in Lords and Ladies too, but I couldn't be bothered to go looking for them.

OK, so what was the name of the last king of Ankh Morpork?

• Advertisement

King Lorenzo the Kind. (re-Read Jingo last night)

Who are the first peopel Rincewind meets as he flees the Fire of Ankh-Morpork?

Bravd and Weasel - Colour of Magic

Why's Captain Quirke got the nickname "Mayonaise"?

beacause he's greasy and smells of eggs

The smells of eggs bit's right, but you're not quite there.

rich, thick and oily and smells of eggs?

Yep, Men At Arms.

Your turn.

Who said "Let us take History by the Scrotum"

General Tacticus in Jingo if I remember correctly.

correctamundo

Don't know if this will be acceptable, but i'll try askin it anyways, cause it's hard, and it'll be fun to try and answer. Here goes

Terry pratchett pays homage to Gary Larson through a duck joke in one of his books, what book, and quote the line?

If that's to much, instead try:

Who are the two named possible authors for the discs version of The Art of War.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by TheSonOfBattles
    Don't know if this will be acceptable, but i'll try askin it anyways, cause it's hard, and it'll be fun to try and answer. Here goes

Terry pratchett pays homage to Gary Larson through a duck joke in one of his books, what book, and quote the line?

If that's to much, instead try:

Who are the two named possible authors for the discs version of The Art of War.
    Hahaha
    I actually only spotted that one about a month ago (I lost my copy of Soul Music and on rebought i t recently).

Its "As soon as he saw the duck, Elmer knew it was going to be a bad day"

I defer my question to TSoB's second question. I found 2 people but 3 names associated with it, give the three names.

Damn was hopin to see that stretch out for a while. You observant fun wrecker you :p Ah well, you are of course right.

I only know the two, so I'm gonna have to do some diggin to find the third.

Anyone want to ask a new question, cause this thread has died up.

Gen. A. Tacticus
    One Tzu Sung
    Three Sun Sung

were the answers.

an easy one:

What colour is associated with Lady Luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Green, like the beize of a poker table.

Whar were the names of all the members of Ande supporting Bandes (the name they finally decided on :) ) in Soul Music?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

That wasnt the name of Scum/Suck, that was the name of all the bands that played, like The Whom, We're Certainly Dwarves and Trollz.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jeez, fine, have it your way. :)

They were briefly called The surreptitious fabric as well, if it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

so, do i get the next question?

hmmmm......

What is the name of the 2 officers that look over the proceedings of the Battle Of Treacle Mine Road?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

detritus and cuddy?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ah.. cuddy

*sniff*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

did i get the q right?

I don't think anyone would object to you posting a question even if your answer was wrong seeing as how the thread has been dead with weeks. Go ahead, make our day :)

ermmmm, i'm kinda bad at setting q's so i pass to you?

FFS ppl!! suppose ill have to come up with a new one myself :S

What material is the luggage made from?

(nice and easy :))

sapient pearwood?

• Advertisement

yup

your turn now havelock :D

Vime's drink of choice?

Bearhuggers was his favourite before he got on the wagon.
    I would assume it still is deep down, but one is one too many

Your turn echo

Who temps. for Death in The Colour of Magic as he's doo busy to deal with Rincewind personally

• Advertisement
Advertisement