Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discworld Quiz!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sean101

Ah, crap i shud have properly read your question. Is it in Masquerade? I bet its one on the pubs the musicians went to between Acts. I should know cos its the most recent one i reread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ravaan

Right:

I've checked the Mappe and found that opposite the Opera House is...........................the new Watch House! (as the Opera House is in Pseudopolis Yard). So I thought, maybe it's the Bucket - but that's not the case as The Bucket's on Gleam Street. And then I was reading Thief of Time last night which states that The Dysk is opposite the Opera House. But that's a small, independant theatre: not a pub. So I'm stuck. The Mappe doesn't help. I haven't had a flick through Maskerade yet and I haven't checked the companion but....it's a darn confusing question skye.

*shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

The Muscicians Rest?
    (complete guess)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Nope fraid not.

Ravaan, if you find the pub at Pseudopolis yard you will have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

All Bar None

I know I'm right, so my question.

What is the Busars's full name inclueding all titles? (Involves alot of research to get them all, bewarned)

*Sits backs and waits patentiently*

• Advertisement

Havelock, you're wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Bursar
    Wizard, member of Unseen University's faculty and the Bursar of said institution. Given name unknown, though rumored to be "Dr A.A. Dinwiddie, D.M.(7th), D.Thau., B.Occ., M.Coll., B.R"

I am not wrong, if you check your Map, you will clearly see All Bar None is situated in Pseudopolis Yard. There are no other pubs there. Please direct me to other source. or PM me the quote.

Thead you are correct except it is quoted as being spelt with an "O", but I'll give it to you. Your question.

Havelock: Not yours to "give", skye's right actually and not on a technicality. The answer is "The Stab In The Back" as mentioned about halfway through Maskerade (as a bit of scan reading revealed yesterday). Not "All Bar None". However skye, it was an evil, evil question, almost as evil as that "what proportion of assassins..." question that we never got the reference to.

But what with Havelock's being answered already....who's next?

• Advertisement

"The Stab in the Back" ain't on my Mappe, which is the new one, so guess they forgot about it too. Sorry about that.

Originally posted by Havelock
    "The Stab in the Back" ain't on my Mappe, which is the new one, so guess they forgot about it too. Sorry about that.

Well done Ravaan, your question.

Well Masquerade came before the map did it not??
    And Havelock, you seeme dto ignore the fact I told you your answer is wrong.

My answer is not wrong. It is correct, it is just not the pub you had in mind.
    I apologised for not waiting for you give me the go ahead, but it was the only pub listed there.

The Question was "the Pub opposite the Opera House."

All Bar none isn'ty opposit the Opera house. Even on the Map.

Hence your answer was wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

Will you two quit it!

o h stop squabbling it might have been there but now there is that wonderful old [insert plot device] shop that has Always been there run by that loverly helpfull old lady that everyone knows.

Ravaan your question, I'll not bicker :)
    have a whole 24hr from this post , or else I'll post one .

Where was Wallace Stonky found dead ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

in his bath tub?

nope not in his bath tub.

question still stands:

Where was Wallace Stonky found dead ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

In a vat of rubber in his own factory. I think. Just a guess, don't have the book to check it and back it up.

• Advertisement

Thaed grins and chucks a packet of Stonkies Penny prevenatives at Thesonof battles.

WEll done your turn.

Sorry, I took so long to reply. Been a lazy b*****d the last few days. Before my question though, just wondering what do you want me to do with these preservatives? :eek:

And my question: Where does Ricewind meet Death for the first time in a Discworld Book?

Colour of magic.
    Rincewind? Death said, in tones as deep and heavy as the slamming of leaden doors, far underground.

'Um,' said Rincewind, trying to back away from that eyeless stare.

But why are you here? (Boom, boom went crypt lids, in the worm-haunted fastnesses under old mountains...)

'Um, why not?' said Rincewind. 'Anyway, I'm sure you've got lots to do, so if you'll just-'

I was surprised that you jostled me, Rincewind, for I have an appointment with thee this very night.

'Oh no, not-'

Of course, what's so bloody vexing about the whole business is that I was expecting to meet thee in Psephopolis.

'But that's five hundred miles away!'

You don't have to tell me, the whole system's got screwed up again. Look, there's no chance of you-?

Rincewind backed away, hands spread protectively in front of him. The dried fish salesman on a nearby stall watched this madman with interest.

'Not a chance!'

I could lend you a very fast horse.

'No!'

It won't hurt a bit.

'No!' Rincewind turned and ran. Death watched him go, and shrugged bitterly.

/Me throws the pack of preservatives back at Thaed, your go Madam.

I was actually looking for the bazaars of Morpork, but maybe it only says that in the audio book I was listening to. Meh, close enough.

/me look at TheSonOfBattles and weighes the possibilty of gentice infection against natures best contraception (lack of personilty) and comes to the conclusion Nobby would have more use for the packet of Penny Preventatives. ;)

according to the most marvells Nanny Ogg what do Tarts start out as ?

Maids of Honour (If you take your eyes off them)

indeed. correct and yes it was a tad easy but then again to are they. and not much point in asking for the ingrediants of Nannys slumpie for not many have the cook book.

What happened (the most details we have access to) to Mr Hong?

He opened the Three Jolly Luck Take-away Fish Bar on the site of the old temple in Dagon Street on the night of the Winter solstice when it also happened to be a full moon.

Presumably he came to a sticky end.

What's the head of the Omnian church called?

• Advertisement

Discribe the sticky end, there is a discription somewhere.

Advertisement