Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Movies

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

otnomart wrote: »
    new Anna Kendrick/Bill Hader Christmas comedy Noelle

as in: Noelle Kringle, daughter of Santa
    Trailer is out, usual spoiler alerts apply !
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/anna-kendrick-bill-hader-noelle-disney/

That actually looks really cute. I’ll watch it :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

DvB wrote: »
    Not for me it wasnt, my wife was expecting twins in 3 weeks & we'd been told she could do into labour any minute, I was freaking out about not being able to get into Holles Street due to snow.

You think that's bad! I was in Stillorgin and needed to get to Templeogue to feed the dogs and let them pee before going to meet friends at the cinema in Parnell St. The bus could go no further from Leeson St, so I had to get off and walk in what was already about a foot of snow through Ranelagh, Rathmines, Rathgar, Terenure, into Templeogue. Then sort out dogs, get changed into better snow gear and head back out. And walk from Templogue, through Terenure, Harold's Cross, Clanbrassil St, round Christchurch, across the river and up to Parnell St. Knowing I'd be walking home again that night.

The movie was Tron Legacy.:mad:

Really puts the whole potential unplanned homebirth to twins into perspective eh!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/anna-kendrick-bill-hader-noelle-disney/

Wow that looks great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I didn't think that would look as good as it does. My OH hates Anna Kendrick, she is a one trick pony but I think the same about squinty eyes Leo.

i will defo give that a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Can you get Disney+ here? I though it was only in the US this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

TRS30 wrote: »
    Can you get Disney+ here? I though it was only in the US this year.

You are correct... hopefully this receives a theater release here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Universal Pictures and Blumhouse Productions are remaking the cult horror pic “Black Christmas” with Imogen Poots starring. The studio will release the film on Dec. 13.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/black-christmas-remake-blumhouse-universal-1203241573/

Black Christmas” trailer is just out (usual spoiler alert applies)
    https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/281717/black-christmas-remake-release-date-trailer

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/281717/black-christmas-remake-release-date-trailer

I don't get the whole horror and Christmas going together. Maybe I'm just bias as I don't like horror movies in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,043 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This was already remade not that long ago......and it was rubbish.
    The original was excellent, a real precursor to Halloween

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,043 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don't get the whole horror and Christmas going together. Maybe I'm just bias as I like horror movies in general.
    There has been the odd good one, black christmas the original is excellent, Krampus was also a lot of fun.
    There is a really nasty little one that was good called "better watch out".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,165 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I don't get the whole horror and Christmas going together. Maybe I'm just bias as I like horror movies in general.

With the exception of 'The Nightmare before Christmas'

I love that movie!! :) I do remember many a debate as to whether its a Halloween or Christmas movie, I like to share the load & usually watch it in early November, it tends to be the film that kick starts our family christmas movie schedule in the run up to christmas.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    With the exception of 'The Nightmare before Christmas'

I love that movie!! :) I do remember many a debate as to whether its a Halloween or Christmas movie, I like to share the load & usually watch it in early November, it tends to be the film that kick starts our family christmas movie schedule in the run up to christmas.

Animation isn't real horror :)

Runs away quick before the movies buffs get me......

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Animation isn't real horror :)

Runs away quick before the movies buffs get me......

I've one word for you: Coraline.

New Home wrote: »
    I've one word for you: Coraline.

Thats one seriously creepy film.
    Made the mistake of watching it with the kids about a year or so ago & it freaked them out, I thought it was way too creepy for what was being portrayed as a kids film.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I am not into horror movies myself, but I do like ghost stories, ghost tours...
    Aaaand: A Christmas Carol is a ghost story, so there !

I believe it used to be a tradition to tell ghost stories the night before christmas. Anyway the original black Christmas is brilliant and a must watch.

I am not into horror movies myself, but I do like ghost stories, ghost tours...
    Aaaand: A Christmas Carol is a ghost story, so there !

I love a Christmas Carol, my favourite being the Muppet version so hard to find that scary! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I love a Christmas Carol, my favourite being the Muppet version so hard to find that scary! :D

I dunno, the bit where the Marley Brothers visit Scrooge used to scare the bejaysus out of me as a kid!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I think the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come scared me as a child, even in that version!

It isn't a Christmas one but my ultimate childhood trauma film was Watership Down, I think my parents thought it would be ok because it is a cartoon.

• Advertisement

"Last Christmas" movie coming up this year.
    Emma Thompson is both acting and screenplaying.
    Out in UK 15 November 2019
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8623904/

The second movie trailer for "Last Christmas" is just out.
    Usual spoiler disclaimer applies !

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/trailers/a29016219/last-christmas-trailer-emilia-clarke-sings-wham/

gosh !
    there are such things as: gadgets to watch the Hallmark movies.
    I wouldn't mind the mug and the blanket !
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/christmas-ideas/g29036890/hallmark-christmas-movies-gifts/

gosh !
    there are such things as: gadgets to watch the Hallmark movies.
    I wouldn't mind the mug and the blanket !
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/holidays/christmas-ideas/g29036890/hallmark-christmas-movies-gifts/

Agree, not so sure about the t-shirt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

Love the wine glass!

Where/how do most people watch the Hallmark Christmas movies?

tscul32 wrote: »
    Where/how do most people watch the Hallmark Christmas movies?
    Last year, one of the local commercial channels where I live (not in Ireland) started showing them on the run-up to Christmas,

that's how I got to see them (after reading so much about them on this Forum !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

IIRC, a lot of them are on YouTube.

Ok thanks, I do get to see them all every year but was just wondering if i was missing a trick and was there a more straightforward way of doing it, like they some more local TV channel was showing them.

Never seen this but it was on the plane last night
    e5juzKS.jpg

Under 'Hollywood Classics'

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Never seen this but it was on the plane last night
    e5juzKS.jpg

Under 'Hollywood Classics'

Home Alone 3 is poor.
    I think IIRC theres even a 4th, but lets be honest its only the first 2 that count.

On a side note, Sstumbled onto the Sony Christmas channel last night when channel surfing but couldnt bring myself to start watching hallmark-esque christmas films this soon... pre Halloween it just doesnt feel right.

At the risk of being barred, truth be told I'm not a fan of those type of christmas films anyway & rarely watch them, if ever. I prefer to stick to the mainstream ones & haven't added much to that list over the years... keep meaning to try & watch a few of the others but never seem to get the time.

Advertisement