Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-03-2020, 21:05   #196
margo321

Does anyone know if the Disney plus app can be downloaded on this. Thanks
Advertisement
27-03-2020, 21:14   #197
Jofspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by margo321 View Post
Does anyone know if the Disney plus app can be downloaded on this. Thanks
Ya it's there.
Thanks from:
27-03-2020, 21:17   #198
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofspring
Doesn't seem to be the case. My father has Amazon prime Irish account and can't watch anything on the Firestick. I have a UK one and it works no problem.
You definitely can watch Irish content on the firestick without contacting amazon. You can't rent or buy extra content on an Irish account because this is UK only content.

Amazon prime app is pre loaded on the stick. You literally just sign in to view your Irish content. The only time I ever had to contact amazon was when I decided to change from Irish content to UK content. Up until that point I viewed the Irish content on the firestick
27-03-2020, 21:35   #199
Jofspring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
You definitely can watch Irish content on the firestick without contacting amazon. You can't rent or buy extra content on an Irish account because this is UK only content.

Amazon prime app is pre loaded on the stick. You literally just sign in to view your Irish content. The only time I ever had to contact amazon was when I decided to change from Irish content to UK content. Up until that point I viewed the Irish content on the firestick
Ok, so you can sign in using the specific app on the Firestick? I assume the problem is so you can't watch the programs that are on the homescreen/suggested because stuff that is available in Ireland isn't working from there either. I'll get him to log in through the app itself.

To be honest it's probably still better to switch to a UK account anyway for access to more stuff.
Thanks from:
27-03-2020, 21:42   #200
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofspring
To be honest it's probably still better to switch to a UK account anyway for access to more stuff.
Better content but well all need VPN or get the boot from UK content when they leave the EU at the end of the year. They will no longer be following the EU directive then
Advertisement
27-03-2020, 21:47   #201
Outkast_IRE

I have a fire tv for years and could never get prime content to work natively on it.
But if you have an android tablet or amazon tablet it can seamlessly cast the content to the fire stick or TV. ( in reality I don't think its actually casting its actually getting the stick or TV to play the content).

Works really well and the tablet screen will give you info on scenes, actors on screen etc.
29-03-2020, 15:16   #202
Newport81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper12 View Post
Only for UK content. For Irish prime video there is no need to contact Amazon
What do you say to amazon to get them to move you to UK content?
29-03-2020, 15:45   #203
brightkane
Brightane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newport81 View Post
I told them on chat I was in northern Ireland and they didn't immediately
Thanks from:
29-03-2020, 15:47   #204
Sleeper12

Quote:

You need to change your address to a UK address. You will need a bank like Revelut if you want to rent movies
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-03-2020, 16:09   #205
glasso

I have the fire stick and amazon prime and had to get onto Amazon web chat to allow me to access prime video content on it when used in Ireland.

try on web-chat help and just straight out ask them to change the setting that will make it work for you. try again later to get a different person if they won't help you.

he (amazon web chat person) also said that if I access prime video on another non-amazon device e.g. a laptop that it (setting change) would have to be done again as that would reset the change that he made.

this issue stems from the fact that these fire stick / tv products from the UK site are not sold for shipping to Ireland ( only if you use a redirect service like parcel motel etc ) and the amazon prime content is not configured to work on them when in use in Ireland

being honest the prime video content is not that all that great really.

the fire stick itself can be useful for other services.
(3) thanks from:
29-03-2020, 16:19   #206
Newport81

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightkane View Post
I told them on chat I was in northern Ireland and they didn't immediately
That worked for me. How do I check it’s on UK what’s available in UK that isn’t in Ireland?
29-03-2020, 16:35   #207
glasso

Quote:
That worked for me. How do I check it’s on UK what’s available in UK that isn’t in Ireland?
if your fire tv stick is allowing you to access any prime video content it will be on the uk content.
29-03-2020, 17:57   #208
artvanderlay

Can anyone recommend apps for the Fire Stick? I have Netflix, and youtube, but agree with a poster there that said Amazon Prime video is not great, so don't have that one. Are there any other ones that are worth getting? Thanks.
29-03-2020, 18:06   #209
Sleeper12

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvanderlay
Can anyone recommend apps for the Fire Stick? I have Netflix, and youtube, but agree with a poster there that said Amazon Prime video is not great, so don't have that one. Are there any other ones that are worth getting? Thanks.
Disney plus. Apple TV plus. Either one or these is worth a month's subscription. Apple 4.99 disney 6.99 I think. I pay for the month & cancel the subscription on one then move onto another streaming app the next month. Apple is probably worth it one month every six months. Disney is the same for adults but well worth the year subscription if you have kids
Thanks from:
29-03-2020, 18:46   #210
TheDriver

The Lifetime VPN thread gives you a good VPN which starts automatically on the firestick. Transforms your netflix. Also you can change it to UK so bbc player, ITV Hub and C5 catchup work.
Also you can use rte player along with mouse toggle.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion