Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier league 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,794 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Probably about right. 9 challengers every week again as well with Henderson and Sherrock announced for first 2 weeks, rest to be determined by end of this week guessing Willie O'Connor gets a rematch with Price in Dublin

paulie21 wrote: »
    guessing Willie O'Connor gets a rematch with Price in Dublin

Good call

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

This glorified exhibition is turning into a total farce

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Not a big darts fan. But is it not just plain wrong that sherrock is in this at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not a big darts fan. But is it not just plain wrong that sherrock is in this at all.

She's not in the premier league proper she's a challenger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

This glorified exhibition is turning into a total farce

TbL

has been for years

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    She's not in the premier league proper she's a challenger.

I know that. And I think that's a joke too. Surely there must be 40-50 more worthy people to play. The world is gone pc mad

I know that. And I think that's a joke too. Surely there must be 40-50 more worthy people to play. The world is gone pc mad

Not really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

LOL I really don't think Barry Hearn and co are playing the PC card. I don't think the premier league darts is too high on feminists' agenda

She will draw crowds and interest. That = more ratings and money. It's that simple. It's business

If there was a male player very popular with crowds and had a large cult following he'd be included in a similar vain.

Oh wait there is - big John Henderson

• Advertisement

Wade and chizzy not only won more money, but won more comps,

They should not be in , so therefore Durrant should not be in.

You cannot use the excuse, durrant is in cos he won x amount and then leave out more successful players who more money and more comps and higher ranked.
    Its a contradiction

• Registered Users Posts: 33,017 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They usually pick regional(ish) players rather then going by world rankings so the local fans have a bit of an interest.

As for the "PC", it's probably more a move to get more women intersted in darts and appeal to a wdier audience. Which means more £££.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

jr86 wrote: »
    LOL I really don't think Barry Hearn and co are playing the PC card. I don't think the premier league darts is too high on feminists' agenda

She will draw crowds and interest. That = more ratings and money. It's that simple. It's business

If there was a male player very popular with crowds and had a large cult following he'd be included in a similar vain.

Oh wait there is - big John Henderson
    so she has a cult following ?? And did I read she got an invite to some major tournaments around the world. I'm fairly open minded but i would imagine her special treatment for winning 2 matches would be annoying for other pros.

They usually pick regional(ish) players rather then going by world rankings so the local fans have a bit of an interest.

As for the "PC", it's probably more a move to get more women intersted in darts and appeal to a wdier audience. Which means more £££.

Ya that seems understandable when you put it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Wade and chizzy not only won more money, but won more comps,

They should not be in , so therefore Durrant should not be in.

You cannot use the excuse, durrant is in cos he won x amount and then leave out more successful players who more money and more comps and higher ranked.
    Its a contradiction

Well, if you double his prize-money this year, as an unscientific way of compensating for him only having one year in the rankings to everyone else's two, then he is around the same money as them.

I don't think it's a terrible decision - Durrant, Chizzy or Wade would all be fine as the 9th player. Chizzy would have been my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

Its gone stale and they needed to change it up a bit so all very predictable , all right choices , still a pile of crap that i have no interest in watching

Durrant is a fresh face people want to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Meh they can be as annoyed as they like. That's life I'm afraid

Similarly why does love island contestant Tommy Fury vs a nobody in boxing get top billing on BT Sport?

$$$

"It's show-business baby"

Hearn is doing what anyone in his position would do. Cashing in nicely on her fame. The fact it's a female is incidental

I could be wrong but I certainly didn't she any mobs baying for her inclusion, or any feminist groups campaigning in her favour or the likes. So I'm not sure who Hearn is pandering to if "PC" really is the motive

Well, if you double his prize-money this year, as an unscientific way of compensating for him only having one year in the rankings to everyone else's two, then he is around the same money as them.

I don't think it's a terrible decision - Durrant, Chizzy or Wade would all be fine as the 9th player. Chizzy would have been my choice.

Hearn said he was in because of his great year...YEAR being the word he used

in the same year, plenty other earned more, won more and were left out

Durrant had a great year , 225stg plus grand slam money that didnt count
    People are sick of looking at wade + chizzy the last 7 or 8 years

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Should Keane Barry not get the Irish challenger spot been a world junior champion ?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Should Keane Barry not get the Irish challenger spot been a world junior champion ?

Even for hearn that would be unexpected
    Hes in bdo world youth final next week also
    Didnt play well again vdvv
    Willie o connor it has to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

paulie21 wrote: »
    guessing Willie O'Connor gets a rematch with Price in Dublin
    Good shout. I fancy Keane Barry or maybe Ciaran Teehan, the former more so as he's a bit more exciting.

Corey Cadby was tipped months ago by Barry Hearn but can't see that now.

Id say micky mansell has as much chance as ciaran teehan

sc86 wrote: »
    Id say micky mansell has as much chance as ciaran teehan
    Ciaran Teehan has actually won a world championship match for a start.

So you pick him ahead of willie oconnor on what grounds exactly?

So you pick him ahead of willie oconnor on what grounds exactly?
    Just thought that the term Challenger points towards younger players, I'd prefer Willie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Just thought that the term Challenger points towards younger players, I'd prefer Willie though.

Yep John Henderson is really a teenager 🀣

TbL

Yep John Henderson is really a teenager 🀣

TbL
    Sorry for having an opinion

Durrant had a great year , 225stg plus grand slam money that didnt count
    People are sick of looking at wade + chizzy the last 7 or 8 years

they will be sick of durrant and his boring style and snail pace before the first month is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I'd like to see Ricky Evans get a challenger spot, he's the exciting type of player that's needed to reinvigorate the PL which has been rubbish for probably a decade at this stage.

And though I can understand people's complaints about how much she warrants a place, Sherrock also falls into that category.

Advertisement