Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Mayo is there but it won't be exactly as it is on the ground. A lot of the buildings are 'best guesses'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

New update is a crock. Game seems to riddled with problems since. Crashes to desktop, camera bugs, VFR map, downgraded graphics, unresponsive cockpit.

Not the sort of game you want to be buggin out after a 3 hour flight, was a much better game day 1 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Anyone been able to do an update to Shannon yet? Kills me with no parking

I'm working on it at the moment. All parking, jetways and runways will be correct. No custom buildings though, just stock hangar models and terminals, that's where my skills end:)
    BPdZI9B.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Any recomendations on a GPU for this game?

Turns out my decent PC isn't good enough for this.....

I can't be a full size tho I can only use the half sized ones and struggling a bit to get the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Finally have Shannon complete and ready to go. Give it a whirl lads and let me know what you think
    https://flightsim.to/file/1847/shannon-airport-einn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

beanian wrote: »
    Finally have Shannon complete and ready to go. Give it a whirl lads and let me know what you think

Loads of lads doing circuits here later so :) ... Had a quick look, fantastic work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Any word on helicopters?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Psychlops wrote: »
    Any word on helicopters?

Nothing, im looking froward to a traffic addon. I'm still using P3D for everything bar GA flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Nothing, im looking froward to a traffic addon. I'm still using P3D for everything bar GA flying.

Sweet Jesus how did they miss that trick.

What do you mean traffic add-on?

• Advertisement

Anyone got a list of airfields in Ireland? Saw two I didn’t recognise on a streamer’s map as he passed them, EICD and EIIB. Mystified as to what they’re supposed to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭Comhrá

EICD Castlebridge Airport, Wexford.

EIIB Inishboffin Airfield (Closed). Galway.

https://airportguide.com/

http://www.pilotnav.com/airport/EIIB

Comhra wrote: »
    EICD Castlebridge Airport, Wexford.

EIIB Inishboffin Airfield (Closed). Galway.

https://airportguide.com/

http://www.pilotnav.com/airport/EIIB

Inisbofin sounds right, but I don’t think the EICD on the map a few miles away was Wexford. Clifden maybe? Anyways I’d say it’s closed as well as Inisbofin. I’ll just have to take a look when I get this myself (in a few years unless I win the lotto :(

Inisbofin sounds right, but I don’t think the EICD on the map a few miles away was Wexford. Clifden maybe? Anyways I’d say it’s closed as well as Inisbofin. I’ll just have to take a look when I get this myself (in a few years unless I win the lotto :(

EICD is clifden, again currently a closed airfield

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Bit late to the party but is anybody aware if this has been available to purchase in any over the counter walk in stores here ? Or if it will be ? My internet connection has been fairly unreliable for downloading and am keen to get my mitts on a legit hard copy if possible anywhere. Thanks you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Strumms wrote: »
    Bit late to the party but is anybody aware if this has been available to purchase in any over the counter walk in stores here ? Or if it will be ? My internet connection has been fairly unreliable for downloading and am keen to get my mitts on a legit hard copy if possible anywhere. Thanks you :)

Can get the boxed version over on Amazon if that’s any good to you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D16RSYB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WpHJFbKEZ3MFH

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Can get the boxed version over on Amazon if that’s any good to you:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08D16RSYB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WpHJFbKEZ3MFH

Sure is, thanks for the heads up, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

beanian wrote: »

Great job! Didn’t know about this thread and had said to one of my friends who plays this how bad Shannon was and he pointed me in this direction. Tried it out this morning and it’s a brilliant job! Lots of lads around Shannon this morning too.

The thrustmaster Officer pack was released today and out of stock it appears today also. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Which planes are you guys using the most? I am really enjoying the TBM 930 but lots of bugs so far, just getting used to getting around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Possible solution for those with no joystick here.

I have a decent HOTAS but wouldn't mind building my own rudder pedals/control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

The thrustmaster Officer pack was released today and out of stock it appears today also. :(

I pre ordered the throttle it on Amazon. Says it's delivering by 28th but I doubt it will. I bit the bullet and got the flightstick last month. Glad I did.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Which planes are you guys using the most? I am really enjoying the TBM 930 but lots of bugs so far, just getting used to getting around them.

I've spend my most of my time in the TBM 930, it's great for just getting around and sightseeing a large area, also the x cub and savage cub for low and slow

Been in the MB339 the last few days tho getting used to it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

I preordered it on Amazon a month ago and it's supposed to be delivered by Wednesday. Considering there's people on Reddit who preordered it in August and have had their orders cancelled, I'm not holding my breath.

The only place you can get it is from price gougers on eBay selling it for at least twice the RRP.

VG31 wrote: »
    I preordered it on Amazon a month ago and it's supposed to be delivered by Wednesday. Considering there's people on Reddit who preordered it in August and have had their orders cancelled, I'm not holding my breath.

The only place you can get it is from price gougers on eBay selling it for at least twice the RRP.

In saying that, you would think you would have gotten an email by now...

Their twitter account gives some hope....

Thrustmaster Official
    @TMThrustmaster
    ·
    2h
    If you pre-ordered in on Amazon France and you have not received an email, it is possible that you will still receive one shortly.

If you have not placed an order yet or if your order gets cancelled, you will have to wait for the items to be restocked. ETA to follow...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭VG31

In saying that, you would think you would have gotten an email by now...

Their twitter account gives some hope....

I still have some hope, but not much. People in the UK would have had a delivery date of 23 October. Mine is 26 to 28 October so I imagine if I get an email it will be in that period. With other items I pre-ordered on Amazon I would have been charged by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

My TCA Airbus sidestick and thrusters arrived today. Really polished hardware, it all looks and feels great. The stick is a joy to fly with. The thrusters need some patching (which I think is coming soon) but again they also feel great to use.

Now I just need to do some PC upgrading to get the most out of everything!

Conchir wrote: »
    My TCA Airbus sidestick and thrusters arrived today. Really polished hardware, it all looks and feels great. The stick is a joy to fly with. The thrusters need some patching (which I think is coming soon) but again they also feel great to use.

Now I just need to do some PC upgrading to get the most out of everything!

Nice one. Did you order from TM or Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

Nice one. Did you order from TM or Amazon?

Direct from TM, back at the start of August. It was originally due to ship at the end of September, then got pushed back to end of October.

• Advertisement

I saw for sale on the TM site but when i clicked into it it said out of stock. Had a brief moment!

Advertisement