Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

not looking good. oh well...

https://twitter.com/TMThrustmaster/status/1321046579311190022?s=20

But it looks like they have stock of the side stick on the TM store.

Got the inevitable email from Amazon. Delayed and no estimated date. Ill leave the order open for now I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭VG31

Got the inevitable email from Amazon. Delayed and no estimated date. Ill leave the order open for now I suppose.

Mine was cancelled today.

I managed to get the throttle quadrant on eBay for €99 from a Saturn store in Berlin. I had to use a German parcel forwarder as they only ship to Germany.

some serious scalping happening on ebay with them. Checked out Saturn but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,151 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Might be a bit basic for some folks but the thrustmaster t flight hotas 4 seems to be in stock on amazon for delivery in a couple of weeks at the mo:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076PMSYH9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_E8XMFb9E7THBW

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

some serious scalping happening on ebay with them. Checked out Saturn but no joy.

Unbelievable! Its all from the USA too so add customs on top of it.

I saw a German site had it advertised for the 29th, it went on sale and I went to buy it but it only shipped to Germany. It was sold out again in 20 minutes.

I saw a German site had it advertised for the 29th, it went on sale and I went to buy it but it only shipped to Germany. It was sold out again in 20 minutes.

I got the throttle quadrant from Saturn on eBay. I used Mailboxde, a German parcel forwarding company. I was very impressed at how fast they were. It was delivered to them at 09:00, I was notified at 09:30 and it was collected by UPS at 14:00. They give you a choice of Deutsche Post, Czech Post, GLS or UPS.

VG31 wrote: »
    I got the throttle quadrant from Saturn on eBay. I used Mailboxde, a German parcel forwarding company. I was very impressed at how fast they were. It was delivered to them at 09:00, I was notified at 09:30 and it was collected by UPS at 14:00. They give you a choice of Deutsche Post, Czech Post, GLS or UPS.

I was going to get it delivered to my colleague in Frankfurt and get DHL to pick it up but he was in a meeting all morning so it was sold out when he came free.

I'm not too bothered about the Yoke as im quite comfortable with my Saitek ST 290 pro and i like having the pitch trim and flaps on the stick. Its saying available now again on the 5th.

The honeycomb throttle looks the business. Wish it was out before I got all my Saitek panels a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Any recommendations for tutorials for total beginners? I've done the in game stuff and watched a few videos by some squirrel guy on YouTube. Just wondering if there's any other places that would guide you through it. I feel kinda at a loss of what to do! Tutorial ends and then it's just off ya go :o I've got a yoke and throttle so I'm all geared up :pac:
    I'd love to get to the stage where I could do longish flights and knew where I was going easily...

Any recommendations for tutorials for total beginners? I've done the in game stuff and watched a few videos by some squirrel guy on YouTube. Just wondering if there's any other places that would guide you through it. I feel kinda at a loss of what to do! Tutorial ends and then it's just off ya go :o I've got a yoke and throttle so I'm all geared up :pac:
    I'd love to get to the stage where I could do longish flights and knew where I was going easily...

If you're interested in flying the A320neo, there's a real A320 pilot on YouTube with lots of good tutorials for the autopilot, ILS, MCDU and so on. If you're able to use the autopilot long flights are much easier.

https://www.youtube.com/user/filanjix/

My Airbus Throttle Quadrant arrived today :) I had to adjust the settings in MSFS as it jumped from 0 to 50% very quickly but it works well now. I'm still waiting on the sidestick.

IMG.jpg

My Airbus Throttle Quadrant arrived today :) I had to adjust the settings in MSFS as it jumped from 0 to 50% very quickly but it works well now. I'm still waiting on the sidestick.

IMG.jpg

Happy flying

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭keroseneboy

Haven't heard from Aerosoft or PMDG if they will offer some products like the Airbus Professional series or 747 V3 discounted to those who bought it for P3D 4 or 5.

Looking forward to testing the A320!

PMDG are working on a MSFS2020 version of the 737 NGXu previously released for Prepar3D. I understand it is due early 2021. They are giving people who bought the P3D version a decent discount on the MSFS2020 version when it is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Enright330

hey i need to get a new gaming laptop for msfs2020
    i was looking at his and i would appreciate advice.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-legion-5p-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-rtx-2060-256-gb-ssd-10205989-pdt.html

Enright330 wrote: »
    hey i need to get a new gaming laptop for msfs2020
    i was looking at his and i would appreciate advice.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/computing/laptops/laptops/lenovo-legion-5p-15-6-gaming-laptop-amd-ryzen-7-rtx-2060-256-gb-ssd-10205989-pdt.html

The SSD is far too small. It's only 256 GB and a fair chunk of that will be taken up by the OS. MSFS recommends at least 150GB of disk space so you'll fill your SSD and probably won't have space for anything else.
    Either get a laptop with at least 512GB or get a portable drive.

The CPU and GPU should be able to run it fairly well. 8GB RAM is the minimum, I strongly recommend 16 GB.

The TCA Airbus Officer Pack is in stock at Box.co.uk if anyone's interested.

https://www.box.co.uk/2960842-Thrustmaster-TCA-Officer-Pack-Airbus-Edi_2957622.html

https://www.box.co.uk/2960842-Thrustmaster-TCA-Officer-Pack-Airbus-Edi_2957622.html

Nice one. Cancelled my outstanding Amazon order and got the throttle quadrant there. Thanks for posting.

Nice one. Cancelled my outstanding Amazon order and got the throttle quadrant there. Thanks for posting.

I'm a dope. Wasn't giving 100% attention and just realised they don't offer the quadrant on its own and I ordered another sidestick :) gonna email them to cancel.

• Advertisement

Just saw the notification now in my Junk mail :mad: out of stock again

I will buy it off you if you didnt cancel.

I signed up for notifications but it went to my junk and i missed it :mad:

I will buy it off you if you didnt cancel.

I signed up for notifications but it went to my junk and i missed it :mad:

Sorry all cancelled I'm afraid. I have the saitek gear (2 throttles, radio, multi and radio) as well. But wondering if I should sell up and get the honeycomb throttle quadrant. But there is something nice about the Airbus throttle.

Box have the quadrant back in stock. Just got the notification.

https://www.box.co.uk/2960840-Thrustmaster-TCA-Quadrant-Airbus-Edition_2957621.html

The Flaps/Spoiler quadrant add-on has a release date on Amazon of 29 December.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Quadrant-Software-Compatible-Windows/dp/B08BKNBYLP/

I'm not too keen on pre-ordering it there after what happened the last time. I pre-ordered it on Amazon.de but will probably cancel and try and get it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Anything on Helicopters? Cant believe they have let it go so long without rotors.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

That wasn't there long! I had a stock alert set for it and happened to be sitting at the PC when it came in. I immediately logged on and ordered it, arrived 2 days later.

It's a fantastic stick, solved all the issues I was having with my old saitek cyborg stick.

Got the officer pack on monday on amazon, i was fairly sketchy about it to be honest but it shipped today.

nmA7MEw.png

Messing with liveries

• Advertisement

Double post

Advertisement