Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roomba or equivalent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

if you bought something from Eglobal , just keep in mind, after sale support non existent there , it is Chinese company after all .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

I have a 2 stories in my house. Lets say at most each level is 60sq metre. Wooden and tiles on the ground floor.
    A small piece of carpet wooden and tiles on floor 1.

I bought Roborock as a gift for family home last year. They love it. Their house is bigger on one floor.

Any thoughts on what combination might be best over 2 floors

Also any thoughts on the Mijia v Roborock?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

JJJackal wrote: »
    I have a 2 stories in my house. Lets say at most each level is 60sq metre. Wooden and tiles on the ground floor.
    A small piece of carpet wooden and tiles on floor 1.

I bought Roborock as a gift for family home last year. They love it. Their house is bigger on one floor.

Any thoughts on what combination might be best over 2 floors

I have the S5 max. It has two maps. Map 1 I set for when it's downstairs and change to map 2 when I drop it up stairs. One problem I have at the moment is, on my ground floor it has a step down section into a sitting room. Any time I place the S5 max it hasn't a clue where it is. It often mistakes the room for a different room and crashes alot into the furniture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Hi, I am looking for recommendations for a robotic floor cleaner, to sweep up for tiles and wooden floor. It needs to do the downstairs of a house large backroom, kitchen and hall all tiles and front room wooden floor. Thanks.

EletricMan wrote: »
    I have the S5 max. It has two maps. Map 1 I set for when it's downstairs and change to map 2 when I drop it up stairs. One problem I have at the moment is, on my ground floor it has a step down section into a sitting room. Any time I place the S5 max it hasn't a clue where it is. It often mistakes the room for a different room and crashes alot into the furniture.

Did you purchase recently? If so where

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭EletricMan

JJJackal wrote: »
    Did you purchase recently? If so where

Eglobal ordered on a Monday and it by the Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Can anyone who has the s5 max comment on the dustbin, is it adequate , size wise. I have seen roborock also do an E4 model, has a 640ml bin but does not have the lidar mapping which the s5 max has. I can't locate the E4 for sale anywhere, amazon is out of stock.

august12 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has the s5 max comment on the dustbin, is it adequate , size wise. I have seen roborock also do an E4 model, has a 640ml bin but does not have the lidar mapping which the s5 max has. I can't locate the E4 for sale anywhere, amazon is out of stock.

It depends on size of area, how dirty the floor is and how often you use it. The S5 is certainly adequate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

august12 wrote: »

The S4 has the same capacity as the E4. I'll be honest you'll regret not getying a machine with lidar. The no go lines are a god send. No more TV, lamp or extension cord wires getting tangled up. I sinply tell the robot mot to go near those areas.
    A previous robot i had before was forever getting stuck and our downstairs would be quite tidy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Does anyone have any experience with the vileda vr302 on sale in Lidl for 170e next week? My parents are looking to pick one up for an apartment in Portugal so not looking to spend big. Just for picking up sand and dirt over the odd few weeks they are down.

They have a roborock at home which they love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

bren2001 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with the vileda vr302 on sale in Lidl for 170e next week? My parents are looking to pick one up for an apartment in Portugal so not looking to spend big. Just for picking up sand and dirt over the odd few weeks they are down.

They have a roborock at home which they love.

I'd be inclined to go for a more established product like the Eufy 11...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-BoostIQ-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07BFP9TNH/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=eufy+vacuum&qid=1597821956&sprefix=eufy+v&sr=8-6

At least consumables and customer support is widely available. If buying for Portugal, consider buying from amazon.ie you'll get a euro plug..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭sumo12

Morning all, my Eufy 30c has developed an issue with one of the front brush motors that means it is very reluctant to turn on carpet and just clicks instead. Was still under warranty so Eufy are replacing the entire unit which is pretty brilliant.

I am interested in trying to repair my old unit as they don't want it back. The brush motors seem to be hard to come by - only seem to be available from Eufy and only in USA. Has anyone had any luck getting them or does anyone have a dead Eufy that might have a working motor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Aliexpress have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

sumo12 wrote: »
    Morning all, my Eufy 30c has developed an issue with one of the front brush motors that means it is very reluctant to turn on carpet and just clicks instead. Was still under warranty so Eufy are replacing the entire unit which is pretty brilliant.

I am interested in trying to repair my old unit as they don't want it back. The brush motors seem to be hard to come by - only seem to be available from Eufy and only in USA. Has anyone had any luck getting them or does anyone have a dead Eufy that might have a working motor?

I had the same problem with mine but instead they sent me out the replacement motors to fix mine but they got lost in post for months so they just sent me a new unit and a week after that my replacement motors arrived :)

I believe the replacement motors on available on ebay. Most of them seem to be coming from china so could take awhile to arrive but they seem to be there anyways.

• Advertisement

Darby_321 wrote: »
    I had the same problem with mine but instead they sent me out the replacement motors to fix mine but they got lost in post for months so they just sent me a new unit and a week after that my replacement motors arrived :)

I believe the replacement motors on available on ebay. Most of them seem to be coming from china so could take awhile to arrive but they seem to be there anyways.

Thanks a million for your reply - I see lots of motors on ebay but they come as motor only and not with the gears, I assume the problem and the clicking is the gears. Some second hand ones there though, so I might go down that route.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to go for a more established product like the Eufy 11...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-BoostIQ-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07BFP9TNH/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=eufy+vacuum&qid=1597821956&sprefix=eufy+v&sr=8-6

At least consumables and customer support is widely available. If buying for Portugal, consider buying from amazon.ie you'll get a euro plug..

That makes sense (certainly from my perspective as I'll be fixing it). Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

We were away from our house for a few days. This was during the storm and the room that the router was in remained without power as trip switch went off when the electricity went.

Roborock refused to cooperate with the Roborock app afterwards, complaining that the network was too slow. I tried resetting wifi and then app would detect but not connect. Tried restarting wifi again. Checked it was on right type of network. Checked passwords, reinstalled app. Nothing. It would clean up if manually instructed to do so, but no maps and no controlling from phone.

I've installed the Xiaomi app now and that connected first time. Weird. At least Xiaomi brought across all the map details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Spare bin for the S50 arrived this morning, about 3 weeks in total, incl. 1 sitting in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Got the Roborock S5 Max the last day and love it. Far better than I expected it to be. Still have to try the mopping function but with 3 dogs in the house, the floors have never been cleaner. I'd recommend it to anyone

• Advertisement

digitaldr wrote: »
    Aliexpress have them.

Just ordered from them, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

xckjoo wrote: »
    Got the Roborock S5 Max the last day and love it. Far better than I expected it to be. Still have to try the mopping function but with 3 dogs in the house, the floors have never been cleaner. I'd recommend it to anyone
    Yep if you have a dog one of these things are a god send

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ordered a Roborock s5 max wednesday from EU Global. Looking forward to getting it. What do people do for upstairs/downstairs? Can you use it on both floors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Ordered a Roborock s5 max wednesday from EU Global. Looking forward to getting it. What do people do for upstairs/downstairs? Can you use it on both floors?

Yep - the app has a downstairs map and an upstairs map. Just select which one you want!!!

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Yep - the app has a downstairs map and an upstairs map. Just select which one you want!!!

Thanks... Any tips on getting started? I assume it's better to try and have the floor space as free as possible?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks... Any tips on getting started? I assume it's better to try and have the floor space as free as possible?

Get everything off the flour, then let it off, then be ready to unclog whatever it finds somewhere you've never vacuumed. Socks under beds or cables under sofas are often popular :D:D:D

Thanks it's currently in oldbury Uk so probably Monday before it arrives
    Clareman wrote: »
    Get everything off the flour, then let it off, then be ready to unclog whatever it finds somewhere you've never vacuumed. Socks under beds or cables under sofas are often popular :D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks it's currently in oldbury Uk so probably Monday before it arrives

Might be shipped overnight to Dublin/Shannon and get on a van tomorrow. It really is a great piece of kit and it will avoid a lot of stuff but small stuff is a nightmare, mine managed to wind a full kite string around the main roller before but you'll get used to it, for us it's a great way of getting the kids to tidy up after themselves, we warn them that we're turning it on and it'll vacuum everything up, they won't be long in picking up their **** them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Could you spend me a link to where you ordered from?

• Advertisement

Could you spend me a link to where you ordered from?
    I ordered from the AliExpress below because eGlobal didn't seem to have them at the time. Looks like eGlobal is cheaper but this crowd were very quick to get it to me. I dunno how long eGlobal take

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000652914319.html

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

Hi, My Roborock S5 is now telling me about Error 13. A new battery didn't resolve the issue. Has anyone else encountered this issue? How did you resolve it (seems like it can relate to a few different issues)

With Error 13 it no longer chargers and as such can not be used.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

@Alec76, that's basically where I'm at but circuit boards and soldering is not my forfeit. They could have at least provided a different error number for each component failure :-(

Hi, My Roborock S5 is now telling me about Error 13. A new battery didn't resolve the issue. Has anyone else encountered this issue? How did you resolve it (seems like it can relate to a few different issues)

With Error 13 it no longer chargers and as such can not be used.

Thanks

How long have you had it? I assume warranty is up?

My s5 max arrived today. Charging, added to roborock app and google home. Updated firmware. Will give it a whizz later

My s5 max arrived today. Charging, added to roborock app and google home. Updated firmware. Will give it a whizz later

Google home doesn't have the option to vacuum a room only, which would have been nice.

I assume I can take to the kitchen with floors clear of objects and close the doors and hit vacuum?

Do you have to do one room at a time and add to map?

I assume I can take to the kitchen with floors clear of objects and close the doors and hit vacuum?

Do you have to do one room at a time and add to map?

Open all doors, remove any obstacles shoes cables etc, I even put the kitchen chairs up on the table. Let it off on its merry way and will create a map. I think then you can assign rooms, can't really remember. There is an option to create invisible walls too.

You can do the same for upstairs.

With the app you can then tell it to vacuum the kitchen by selecting that room and clean.

• Advertisement

Open all doors, remove any obstacles shoes cables etc, I even put the kitchen chairs up on the table. Let it off on its merry way and will create a map. I think then you can assign rooms, can't really remember. There is an option to create invisible walls too.

You can do the same for upstairs.

With the app you can then tell it to vacuum the kitchen by selecting that room and clean.

Just checked the app, you can edit the map and then merge/divide rooms.

Just checked the app, you can edit the map and then merge/divide rooms.

Thanks. To many people around now to let loose..if I could do the kitchen could let it work there

week now with the s5 max... i let it loose every morning downstairs when the house clears for school.. lift everything off the floor to give it a clear run.. surprised at the amount of stuff in the dust bin each day.. tried the mop this morning.. made up a bottle of water with a little flash and misted the floor first with it.. did a pretty good job.. havent gone upstairs yet as the floors just have to much crap on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/rybtenvnsmmlokwqltlusp9rqboi6ja1m.html

S5 Max down to €328.69 + Delivery. Cheapest I've seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Diaell wrote: »
    https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/rybtenvnsmmlokwqltlusp9rqboi6ja1m.html

S5 Max down to €328.69 + Delivery. Cheapest I've seen it.
    Pulled the trigger on this today, had been looking at it bit and with the extra discount today went with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

I got an Roborock S5 plus a few days ago ...really happy with it and the mop also does an excellent job. Could anyone tell me where they have ordered original spare parts from. There are a few on Amazon but they don't seem to be original parts . thanks

• Advertisement

quartz1 wrote: »
    I got an Roborock S5 plus a few days ago ...really happy with it and the mop also does an excellent job. Could anyone tell me where they have ordered original spare parts from. There are a few on Amazon but they don't seem to be original parts . thanks

I haven't ordered any parts yet but tedpan did post here earlier in th ethread.

Anyone know of somewhere selling mop clothes for the roborock S5 Max with quick delivery? Only seem to be finding Chinese sellers with long ETAs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Anyone know of somewhere selling mop clothes for the roborock S5 Max with quick delivery? Only seem to be finding Chinese sellers with long ETAs

I’ve seen plenty on Amazon. Probably not genuine and definitely cost more than genuine on AliExpress.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=roborock+s5+max+accessories&rh=p_76%3A419158031&dc&crid=RU673LK68RIT&qid=1603638329&rnid=419157031&sprefix=Roborock+%2Caps%2C145&ref=sr_nr_p_76_1

alec76 wrote: »

I swear I checked amazon and couldn't find the mop cloths on their own. But there they are. Thanks alec!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭quartz1

I ordered these with my new S5 Max and they work perfectly ...arrived in just a few days

I ordered a set of brushes and roller from Ali Express because I didn't know if any of the Amazon parts which don't appear to be genuine are ok

• Advertisement
Advertisement