Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭paulbok

Do you have the link of where you ordered from

€ 312,98 30%OFF | Roborock s50 s55 Robot Xiaomi Vacuum Cleaner 2 for Home MIJIA Smart Cleaning Wet Mop Mi Carpet Dust Automatic Sweeping Wireless
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/lomzMkAU

It looks like most sellers of the s50 are around that price.
    You'll need to check for coupons on the main page to bring it down to the 287 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just about to pull the plug but worth buying extra parts?

Ship from France with eu plug?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,720 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I don't see an option for one with a 3 pink plug from Europe... So either pay additional customs charges from China, or buy a 3 pin plug seperate...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

Same boat, black or white one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Aliexpress newbie here. When I ordered i checked the Czech Republic warehouse and it said 4-10 days. Now on my account it said it'll ship within 41 days !!

Any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I don't see an option for one with a 3 pink plug from Europe... So either pay additional customs charges from China, or buy a 3 pin plug seperate...

It is standard power cord,you might have spare one at home ( unused small electric appliances etc)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pharos-Industrial%C2%AE-Samsung-Philips-Panasonic/dp/B07QJ6PYH9/ref=sr_1_6?crid=19BDQG815IJHW&keywords=power+cord+uk+plug+to+figure+8&qid=1575036936&refinements=p_76%3A419158031&rnid=419157031&rps=1&s=electronics&sprefix=Power+cord+uk%2Celectronics%2C222&sr=1-6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

we have the roborock for a good while now. It's good but the battery isn't great. That said, it wouldn't be an issue if it wasnt gettin nudged off its charge point fairly frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Alkers

How large are these? And how manoeuvrable are they?

We have about 50sq.m downstairs but we've a lot of furniture, rugs etc so wondering how good a job it would do for us?

Alkers wrote: »
    How large are these? And how manoeuvrable are they?

We have about 50sq.m downstairs but we've a lot of furniture, rugs etc so wondering how good a job it would do for us?
    roborock is 33cm disk. Reasonably maneuverable. Will try to naviagate around obstacles in a logical manner. Might get stuck trying to traverse a door saddle or something like that. We use ours in one room at a time because our son doesnt like it. The furniture shouldnt be a problem but high or deep pile rugs might be.

It has a mopping feature but it's not great. Just drags a damp cloth over your floor. We don't bother with it. It does a good job of vacuuming though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

mcgovern wrote: »
    Anyone have one with a young child? Wondering how it would cope with toys and other stuff everywhere?

4 & 7 year old. Toys mostly confined to playroom, which can be virtually cordoned off if need be. Otherwise no issues, they learn to pick up the small Lego sharpish! Constantly amazed at how much dust it collects every run, which is every day. Either that or it actually produced dust to fill the bin to make you think it's doing a good job!

mcgovern wrote: »
    Anyone have one with a young child? Wondering how it would cope with toys and other stuff everywhere?
    We use it in one room at a time. Clear the floor then run it. He is almost 2 and is scared of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

We use it in one room at a time. Clear the floor then run it. He is almost 2 and is scared of it.

I wish my two year old was scared. Constantly drags it out then presses the return to Dock button. Thinks its great fun.

I wish my two year old was scared. Constantly drags it out then presses the return to Dock button. Thinks its great fun.
    My kid constantly presses the button to start it, goes "Argh!" and runs over to grab onto me. He gets a buzz out of giving himself a fright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i was just about to order the eufy robovac 15c max, but then realised that it doesn't have mapping.

Is mapping an absolute requirement (for a large ground area)?

Or is it a "feature" that isn't really necessary?

If it is, what's the best value?

If you want the vacuum to go around precisely while you watch it, then mapping is important. It's an expensive feature.

The Eufy has proven in testing (worth watching some YouTube reviews of their models) to be very effective at covering the entire floor. Because it is random, it often covers parts twice or more, therefore is often more thorough. Set it while you're in bed, or out of the house, it'll be very worth while. If you have the extra money go for a more advanced system, but it's unlikely the cleaning will be that much better...

If your house is so big that the vacuum cannot do one floor in 100 minutes, the mapping would be important. If you want to exclude floor areas, mapping is an advantage. I'd prefer to just let the vacuum do its thing every second day and just keep the place clean.

Just my thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

ablelocks wrote: »
    i was just about to order the eufy robovac 15c max, but then realised that it doesn't have mapping.

Is mapping an absolute requirement (for a large ground area)?

Or is it a "feature" that isn't really necessary?

If it is, what's the best value?

In the same boat, from having a look through threads on here the S5 Roborock seems to be the best value with mapping. A bit outside my price range so was hoping for a price drop this week. I'm prob just going to go with the Eufy 30c on sale on amazon at the moment.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have found the Eufy great, I couldn't see it being much better with mapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭caddy16

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have found the Eufy great, I couldn't see it being much better with mapping.

Which one do you have?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

caddy16 wrote: »
    Which one do you have?

The 30C I think it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭Tails142

As someone with a roborock s50 my view is obviously tainted but there are some good YouTube reviews comparing both models which i would recommend.

My house is busy, we've babies and young kids so the house is never empty. The mapping means i can do zoned cleans and the cleans are done within 10 minutes. For this reason I find it invaluable, when they go up to bed I just send it into the play room, when we're finished cleaning the kitchen, I send it in there. If they go out of the house, I get the whole downstairs done in about 20 minutes

If you're out of the house all day and you don't mind the robot bouncing around for 90 minutes then the mapping is probably of no benefit to you.

I found the YouTube reviews good when trying to make up my mind.

Seems allot of the deals have ended. I hope everyone who was holding out got what they wanted.

The Eufy 15C Max is good value on the UK site at the moment, but nowhere close to what it was on the Spanish site.

Anyone who owns a Eufy, please advise...

Mine is on its way. I'd like to put it in the utility room under a raised cabinet... The utility is a small room off the kitchen... Do you think the vacuum will be able to get around the ground floor and find its way back to the dock if it's in an awkward position like this?

Advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

D3V!L wrote: »
    Aliexpress newbie here. When I ordered i checked the Czech Republic warehouse and it said 4-10 days. Now on my account it said it'll ship within 41 days !!

Any ideas ?

Same with myself and the cc has been charged

I ordered it from France now on 36 days and counting Mr Bond

Messaged seller about something still waiting to hear back

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Anyone who owns a Eufy, please advise...

Mine is on its way. I'd like to put it in the utility room under a raised cabinet... The utility is a small room off the kitchen... Do you think the vacuum will be able to get around the ground floor and find its way back to the dock if it's in an awkward position like this?

Advice appreciated

It should find its way back eventually I reckon.

Same with myself and the cc has been charged

I ordered it from France now on 36 days and counting Mr Bond

Messaged seller about something still waiting to hear back

I'm cancelling my order. It said 3 day shipping on the ad originally and in my orders window there's 39 days left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

D3V!L wrote:
    I'm cancelling my order. It said 3 day shipping on the ad originally and in my orders window there's 39 days left.

I use AliExpress quiet a lot.

Firstly if it's free shipping the delivery time is only estimated so don't believe it. I often received a package that tracking told me was still only half way across the world

The sellers are given a certain amount of time to ship the item (39days in your case). If they don't ship within this time the order automatically closes and you get a full refund

The sellers don't actually get your money until you confirm you have received the order. AliExpress hold in the interim.

I would say don't open a dispute etc without contacting the seller first. Give them the benefit of the doubt and see can ye come to an agreement. Disputes can cause sellers to loose their stores and/or big fines.

Parcels and 17track are two apps/websites you can use to track your parcels

Main thing is don't let your buyer protection run out. That's your guarantee. Without that you can't get a refund if package is lost in transit.

Hope this helps some of the AliExpress Newbies. I ordered a Roborock on 11.11 and had it the following Monday from a EU ware house. Normally 7-14 days from eu warehouse and 30-50ish from China for items if using free post.

Seller's Shipping Method - CZ
    Free Shipping
    Estimated Delivery Time:4-10 Days
    Will be shipped within (Business days)30 Days

I selected the Czech Republic warehouse. I'm a bit dubious because the seller isn't responding to any messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,910 ✭✭✭paulbok

My Roborock arrived today, ordered Friday from the Polish store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭derekbro

Ordered my Roborock S5 from aliexpress France Store.
    Currently processing, hopefully it will ship before 30 days

Seller's Shipping Method - FR
    Free Shipping
    Estimated Delivery Time:15-15 Days
    Will be shipped within (Business days)30 Days

Advertisement