Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roomba or equivalent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭bren2001

Does anyone have any experience with the vileda vr302 on sale in Lidl for 170e next week? My parents are looking to pick one up for an apartment in Portugal so not looking to spend big. Just for picking up sand and dirt over the odd few weeks they are down.

They have a roborock at home which they love.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

bren2001 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with the vileda vr302 on sale in Lidl for 170e next week? My parents are looking to pick one up for an apartment in Portugal so not looking to spend big. Just for picking up sand and dirt over the odd few weeks they are down.

They have a roborock at home which they love.

I'd be inclined to go for a more established product like the Eufy 11...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-BoostIQ-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07BFP9TNH/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=eufy+vacuum&qid=1597821956&sprefix=eufy+v&sr=8-6

At least consumables and customer support is widely available. If buying for Portugal, consider buying from amazon.ie you'll get a euro plug..

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭sumo12

Morning all, my Eufy 30c has developed an issue with one of the front brush motors that means it is very reluctant to turn on carpet and just clicks instead. Was still under warranty so Eufy are replacing the entire unit which is pretty brilliant.

I am interested in trying to repair my old unit as they don't want it back. The brush motors seem to be hard to come by - only seem to be available from Eufy and only in USA. Has anyone had any luck getting them or does anyone have a dead Eufy that might have a working motor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Aliexpress have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Darby_321

sumo12 wrote: »
    Morning all, my Eufy 30c has developed an issue with one of the front brush motors that means it is very reluctant to turn on carpet and just clicks instead. Was still under warranty so Eufy are replacing the entire unit which is pretty brilliant.

I am interested in trying to repair my old unit as they don't want it back. The brush motors seem to be hard to come by - only seem to be available from Eufy and only in USA. Has anyone had any luck getting them or does anyone have a dead Eufy that might have a working motor?

I had the same problem with mine but instead they sent me out the replacement motors to fix mine but they got lost in post for months so they just sent me a new unit and a week after that my replacement motors arrived :)

I believe the replacement motors on available on ebay. Most of them seem to be coming from china so could take awhile to arrive but they seem to be there anyways.

• Advertisement

Darby_321 wrote: »
    I had the same problem with mine but instead they sent me out the replacement motors to fix mine but they got lost in post for months so they just sent me a new unit and a week after that my replacement motors arrived :)

I believe the replacement motors on available on ebay. Most of them seem to be coming from china so could take awhile to arrive but they seem to be there anyways.

Thanks a million for your reply - I see lots of motors on ebay but they come as motor only and not with the gears, I assume the problem and the clicking is the gears. Some second hand ones there though, so I might go down that route.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭bren2001

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to go for a more established product like the Eufy 11...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eufy-BoostIQ-Super-Thin-Self-Charging-Medium-Pile/dp/B07BFP9TNH/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=eufy+vacuum&qid=1597821956&sprefix=eufy+v&sr=8-6

At least consumables and customer support is widely available. If buying for Portugal, consider buying from amazon.ie you'll get a euro plug..

That makes sense (certainly from my perspective as I'll be fixing it). Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

We were away from our house for a few days. This was during the storm and the room that the router was in remained without power as trip switch went off when the electricity went.

Roborock refused to cooperate with the Roborock app afterwards, complaining that the network was too slow. I tried resetting wifi and then app would detect but not connect. Tried restarting wifi again. Checked it was on right type of network. Checked passwords, reinstalled app. Nothing. It would clean up if manually instructed to do so, but no maps and no controlling from phone.

I've installed the Xiaomi app now and that connected first time. Weird. At least Xiaomi brought across all the map details.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Spare bin for the S50 arrived this morning, about 3 weeks in total, incl. 1 sitting in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Got the Roborock S5 Max the last day and love it. Far better than I expected it to be. Still have to try the mopping function but with 3 dogs in the house, the floors have never been cleaner. I'd recommend it to anyone

• Advertisement

digitaldr wrote: »
    Aliexpress have them.

Just ordered from them, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

xckjoo wrote: »
    Got the Roborock S5 Max the last day and love it. Far better than I expected it to be. Still have to try the mopping function but with 3 dogs in the house, the floors have never been cleaner. I'd recommend it to anyone
    Yep if you have a dog one of these things are a god send

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭micks_address

Ordered a Roborock s5 max wednesday from EU Global. Looking forward to getting it. What do people do for upstairs/downstairs? Can you use it on both floors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Ordered a Roborock s5 max wednesday from EU Global. Looking forward to getting it. What do people do for upstairs/downstairs? Can you use it on both floors?

Yep - the app has a downstairs map and an upstairs map. Just select which one you want!!!

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Yep - the app has a downstairs map and an upstairs map. Just select which one you want!!!

Thanks... Any tips on getting started? I assume it's better to try and have the floor space as free as possible?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks... Any tips on getting started? I assume it's better to try and have the floor space as free as possible?

Get everything off the flour, then let it off, then be ready to unclog whatever it finds somewhere you've never vacuumed. Socks under beds or cables under sofas are often popular :D:D:D

Thanks it's currently in oldbury Uk so probably Monday before it arrives
    Clareman wrote: »
    Get everything off the flour, then let it off, then be ready to unclog whatever it finds somewhere you've never vacuumed. Socks under beds or cables under sofas are often popular :D:D:D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks it's currently in oldbury Uk so probably Monday before it arrives

Might be shipped overnight to Dublin/Shannon and get on a van tomorrow. It really is a great piece of kit and it will avoid a lot of stuff but small stuff is a nightmare, mine managed to wind a full kite string around the main roller before but you'll get used to it, for us it's a great way of getting the kids to tidy up after themselves, we warn them that we're turning it on and it'll vacuum everything up, they won't be long in picking up their **** them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

xckjoo wrote: »

Could you spend me a link to where you ordered from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Could you spend me a link to where you ordered from?
    I ordered from the AliExpress below because eGlobal didn't seem to have them at the time. Looks like eGlobal is cheaper but this crowd were very quick to get it to me. I dunno how long eGlobal take

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000652914319.html

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

Hi, My Roborock S5 is now telling me about Error 13. A new battery didn't resolve the issue. Has anyone else encountered this issue? How did you resolve it (seems like it can relate to a few different issues)

With Error 13 it no longer chargers and as such can not be used.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭reignschaos

@Alec76, that's basically where I'm at but circuit boards and soldering is not my forfeit. They could have at least provided a different error number for each component failure :-(

Hi, My Roborock S5 is now telling me about Error 13. A new battery didn't resolve the issue. Has anyone else encountered this issue? How did you resolve it (seems like it can relate to a few different issues)

With Error 13 it no longer chargers and as such can not be used.

Thanks

How long have you had it? I assume warranty is up?

My s5 max arrived today. Charging, added to roborock app and google home. Updated firmware. Will give it a whizz later

My s5 max arrived today. Charging, added to roborock app and google home. Updated firmware. Will give it a whizz later

Google home doesn't have the option to vacuum a room only, which would have been nice.

I assume I can take to the kitchen with floors clear of objects and close the doors and hit vacuum?

Do you have to do one room at a time and add to map?

I assume I can take to the kitchen with floors clear of objects and close the doors and hit vacuum?

Do you have to do one room at a time and add to map?

Open all doors, remove any obstacles shoes cables etc, I even put the kitchen chairs up on the table. Let it off on its merry way and will create a map. I think then you can assign rooms, can't really remember. There is an option to create invisible walls too.

You can do the same for upstairs.

With the app you can then tell it to vacuum the kitchen by selecting that room and clean.

• Advertisement

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Open all doors, remove any obstacles shoes cables etc, I even put the kitchen chairs up on the table. Let it off on its merry way and will create a map. I think then you can assign rooms, can't really remember. There is an option to create invisible walls too.

You can do the same for upstairs.

With the app you can then tell it to vacuum the kitchen by selecting that room and clean.

Just checked the app, you can edit the map and then merge/divide rooms.

Advertisement