Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mass Effect Trilogy remastered

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The combat is bad until you max out the skill of whatever your weapon of choice is but by then you are almost unstopable in normal difficulty.

2 just streamlined all the skills, made base accuracy shooting more realistic starting off and unlimited ammo is gone as a trade off. Replaced with heat clips to keep with the game's codex lore of ME1 that traditional ammo does not exist anymore. It's all tiny metal shards accelerated to near light speed with mass effect fields.

Ah good times putting heat sink mods into the assault rifle. Just hold down the fire button and never worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cormac... wrote: »
    I just used the DLC comic for 1, no gameplay, make 6 choices, bobs your uncle
    Sadly you still get a lot of "bad" choices this way.

If you're on PC there's a save editor online with full options.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

sheehy83 wrote: »
    YOU LUCKY B@STARD! :(

I know! A friend of mine who plays a lot of games had somehow, inexplicably never played any of the ME games. So I told him he must, and he did.

The last few weeks I've been seeing his stupid little user name, first on Steam, then in Origin, cycling through the trilogy. The envy!

He's finished now though, so he's in the same place as me. A crack addict in withdrawal. Sucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    By all means Remaster 1 (i actually never played it as it was so dated to be frank), but the whole trilogy? Madness!

If you are going to do one, do it all and release the full lot together. Why release just the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

jones wrote: »
    Imagine them in 1080p and 60fps goodness.

As a member of the PC master race, I don't have to :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr.Buzz

If you are going to do one, do it all and release the full lot together. Why release just the first one?

Because the first one is the oldest? There's no need to remaster the third and second game which really look more than decent enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There'd definitely be no point in remastering 2 or 3 at the moment. I played them both last year and they still look well, the mechanics still feel modern and sharp, it would be a wasted effort.

It's something I can imagine happening maybe ten years down the line if they end up being classics.

Lucky that I have them on PC but could not bear playing through again to get that crap ending, so underwhelming

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Remasters don't have anything to do with if a game NEEDs it, it all depends on if it'll sell.

Lot of people missed out on it first time roun, if they did it'll sell well or at least enough to justify the cost.

A LOT of people missed out on ME1 in fairness.

• Advertisement

decided to hook it up to my 50" flatscreen.

Look at you with your 50" screen, ohhh la dee da

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I don't care whether it needs a remastering or not (ME1 could do with it but can't see the combat being changed), I just want to play through it again on the new system. Also, whatever about the ending, game is worth it alone for the story and characters you encounter. I got the platinum trophy in ME 2 and ME 3, usually that would put me off playing through a game again but would instantly buy the trilogy on PS4.

Why not just play it on the old systems?

I sold my PS3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4waGsG-CJk3A8spr53sLF8FANrk9F-j6aFCDKr83bTe7AmN5_

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Like saying why play Res 1 again on the PS1 when the HD version of the remake just came out on gen 7 gen 8 systems.

ME1 ran like a dog on gen 7 consoles. ME2 and 3 were a little better but they would benefit from next gen hardware big time.

I played through the were as they were released on the 360.

I got rid of my 360 when the PS4 came out. I went and bought the trilogy on the PS3 when it was on sale last year to play through again the PS3 version of all 3 games suffer in looks and fps compared to the 360. Great game but runs like crap.

ME1 is considered a classic and the best new IP franchise of gen 7. A next gen trilogy would sell very well. Yes you can argue that it's basically KOTOR in a new dress but it does the job.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jaysus, look at the spooge over a series of games only a few short years old - it's no wonder we see no new IP getting a push when threads like this are skewing "market research" and making sure that nothing ever changes. :rolleyes:

Make a new Mass Effect game with new stuff and new ideas and new mechanics. Leave the others alone ffs and let them get dug up as remakes for the next generation.

Like saying why play Res 1 again on the PS1 when the HD version of the remake just came out on gen 7 gen 8 systems.

ME1 ran like a dog on gen 7 consoles. ME2 and 3 were a little better but they would benefit from next gen hardware big time.

I played through the were as they were released on the 360.

I got rid of my 360 when the PS4 came out. I went and bought the trilogy on the PS3 when it was on sale last year to play through again the PS3 version of all 3 games suffer in looks and fps compared to the 360. Great game but runs like crap.

ME1 is considered a classic and the best new IP franchise of gen 7. A next gen trilogy would sell very well. Yes you can argue that it's basically KOTOR in a new dress but it does the job.

He stated that he did not mind it NOT being remastered and many people keep older consoles (now that backward compatibility is a thing of the past)

I don't know how they play on consoles (so was a valid question to me)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

[QUOTE=Shiminay;94127970 as remakes for the next generation.[/QUOTE]

It already is:pac:.

You want to wait until the PS5 in 2020 for the 16k Ultra Super High Def VR trilogy.:D I'll take that version too.

Can't say there are any other games from gen 7 I'd like to see get redone or improved. Gen 5 and 6 are another story, I've a list as long as my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

The games are pretty old at this stage.

If you want a better graphics experience just play them on a PC.

ME1 could run on a toaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭jones

Shiminay wrote: »
    Jaysus, look at the spooge over a series of games only a few short years old - it's no wonder we see no new IP getting a push when threads like this are skewing "market research" and making sure that nothing ever changes. :rolleyes:

Make a new Mass Effect game with new stuff and new ideas and new mechanics. Leave the others alone ffs and let them get dug up as remakes for the next generation.

I think the point is the new Mass Effect (or whatever it will be called) wont be with us until 2016 at the earliest. All this talk of mass effect has me wanting to play it again. I missed the first one too and played ME2 and ME3 on the ps3. I just think there is a market for a "remastered" series on ps4/xbone even if only ME1 is remastered and the other 2 are ports from last gen.

I'm planning on building a gaming pc towards the end of the year so I could just buy it on PC but I think there is definitely a market for it.

I actually agree that there is a LOT of remasters and rehashes of last gen stuff so far this gen but it looks like 2015 is going to have a lot more new stuff. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,010 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mr.Buzz wrote: »
    Because the first one is the oldest? There's no need to remaster the third and second game which really look more than decent enough?

But if you are going to remaster the original, and release it on PS4/XBOX One - what is the point in doing it in isolation.

"Here you get next genners - a quality game you may have missed. Now if you want to finish the story and play the two sequels, got buy yourself an XBOX 360 or PS3 and buy the game for those!"

My argument is not that 2 and 3 need a remaster - my point is that it would make no sense to remaster just the first and release it on next gen on its own. Either release a trilogy boxset or don't do it at all.

I honestly can't see any logic or argument for doing otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,497 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A tower defense game based on the krogan rebellion would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

But if you are going to remaster the original, and release it on PS4/XBOX One - what is the point in doing it in isolation.

"Here you get next genners - a quality game you may have missed. Now if you want to finish the story and play the two sequels, got buy yourself an XBOX 360 or PS3 and buy the game for those!"

My argument is not that 2 and 3 need a remaster - my point is that it would make no sense to remaster just the first and release it on next gen on its own. Either release a trilogy boxset or don't do it at all.

I honestly can't see any logic or argument for doing otherwise.

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant to, just throw 2 and 3 out there with a boxset with a lick of paint and a good price point. But presenting 2 or 3 as "remastered" or at full retail price would be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A tower defense game based on the krogan rebellion would be interesting.
    Turians too OP, they always win! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Patser

Gid damn this thread. I'm currently re-installing all 3 games in a massive nostalgia buzz ( while Dragon Age; Inquisition goes unplayed due to a few minor graphic glitches that annoyed me but probably could be fixed easily)

I swear to God, Kaidan will survive Mass Effect 1, just for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Patser wrote: »

A change of what? Sexual orientation?

Patser wrote: »

Yeah, if this does ever come out so I can play again, I'm def picking Kaiden. Makes more room for Tali anyway :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Patser

Pac1Man wrote: »
    A change of what? Sexual orientation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5_mHgxSRzQ

Watch from 1min 50. Not just me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

30 hours into my first ever play through of ME2. I must be close to the end but I dread the day.

Shepard is such a sleaze it's hilarious. A summary of the choices you have can generally be summed up like:

1. We have to try. The fate of the world depends on us.
    2. It's suicide, we'll never get out alive.
    3. How about some casual sex?

Bring on ME3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Mr.Buzz

Oh buddy, it's all downhill from now on :(

Advertisement