Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlann: Now seeking the spirit of the yellow duck - 5th Dec forward

Options

Comments

Shes in her fifties, just had a fall

put her in a car and take her to hospital

talk about a drama queen of a husband

Too many people call ambulances as”free”transport to hospital for minor condition when a lift in s car or taxi would have sufficed, only the latter charges a fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

whoy does gold appear with 2 minutes to go

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

was the article in the Journal.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

82f9e8_77b2d02ea361491daa7ec0214a80de27~mv1.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Very angry people in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ignorant man

zell12 wrote: »
    Very angry people in Ireland

permanently outraged people

• Registered Users Posts: 38,838 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Joe actually done something worthwhile today.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Joe actually done something worthwhile today.

During his yawnfest

• Registered Users Posts: 38,838 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

2smiggy wrote: »
    was the article in the Journal.ie ?

You can bet your boots Joe will get a glowing write-up for his part in the payment of the back money to the brain tumour man.
    I'd not be surprised if it reads like he's the only one responsible for making it happen.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement

Just after 3.00 says the man who can never hand over to An Nuacht before 4.03

I'm going to the duke for pints on christmas eve.

he better be gone and not interrupt my drinking

I have to make a confession. I went not once, but twice, to the Christmas Eve parade in Duke St. The funny thing is that so many around me were laughing their hearts out, not at O’Caddle an dat, but at the carry on of Fungus jumping around like he had too many batteries in him, and at the backstage antics of putting it all together. I wouldn’t be surprised if I had been surrounded by some followers of this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I agree. I think I'd rather have heart surgery than watch that garbage

It's designed for Finglas whackers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

TWODAY'S De Brand NEW & IMPROVED so to speak 2-18 Joe Duffy Wurkday Calculator and dat:

Wurkdays in 2-18 and dat: 243
    Joe Shows: 197
    No Show Joe Shows: 46
    Breakeens 4 Joe: 46
    PBH (de full-time host of de show) Shows: 39
    PBH guest appearances and dat: 1
    D'Omen Shows: 5
    AN Udder Shows: 0
    Good Fryday No Show by nobody at all at all: 1
    De Budget Day No Show by nobody at all at all: 1

NEW FEATURE SO TO SPEAK:

Fateen's Estimated Fees (De FEF Matrix so to speak) to date dis year:
    AT LEAST €492,500*

(not including de EXTRA FEES for 3 days of De Beast From De East TV + Radio Simulcast Xtravaganza + likely "Danger Money" for travelling to and from wurk in de snow and dat nor d'expenses for driving, vittels and de overnightin' often mere days in advance of a FunnyFryday. Wurking class man wit de wurking class wurk ettic and dat.
    King-World-News-WTF-Is-Going-On-Here-864x400_c.jpg

*de fees are calculated at €2,500 per show x days dat Fateen is in so to speak. Dose fees are likely conservative and outdated as day are 2 years old so to speak.
    I'm including Good Fryday as a Wurkday as it is not an official Bank Holiday/Holiday Day. Even Pat Kenny is in Newstalk FFS, but no-one in RTE of course of course.
    [/I]

De famed and oft-quoted €416K figure is earnings from 2-14, published 2 years later in 2-16:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...list-1.2574342

RTÉ are very slow (2 years+ is the norm) to report the fees paid to contractors under their absolutely BS excuse of commercial sensitivity - yes, because we all know CNN, NBC. BBC etc. are literally beating down the doors of this elite broadcasting talent to poach them away.

The last published figures were in 2-17, which reported on fees paid in 2-15.
    https://www.thejournal.ie/rte-pay-3524877-Aug2017/

We're still waiting for the 2-16 figures!

There's an attempted slight of hand at play even then as these fees make no mention of days worked etc. So a raise in the per day/show rate coupled with increased holidays could net the host roughly the same gross fees figure, with many more days off included in the work year. This allows RTÉ to say (at a topline level) that they paid X less this year, allows X to say "I took a decrease in salary this year" and ticks all the BS PR boxes you need. To get to the real nub of this, you need to examine like with like.

Crude working example for illustrative purposes:
    John Bluffy gets €1K per show in 2-14 and does 155 shows = €155K
    John Bluffy gets €1.5K per show in 2-15 and does 100 shows = €150K

The key is that John Bluffy worked significantly less time to accumulate roughly the same fees; but both parties can say that fees went down; when in reality they increased on a like for like basis.

These are some of the reasons I created De Wurkday Calculator. The €2,500 per show is an estimate based on 2-14 figures. Now answer me this, do you honestly think they're still on the same day rate 4 years later?

And don't forget, someone has a few extra Brucey Bonus Fees this year from TV:
    Lahv Lahn Call Back (+ repeats)
    De Papal Visit (lots of hours on that "project")
    Simulcast TV appearances during De Beast From De East

But we'll have to wait until 2020 to hear what he took in fees this year.

De Childers Dat Did Doyed In De Rising And Dat Hostible Becasue Dare Was No Hostible In Draw-da Ta Treat Dem In At De Toyme So to Speak Hostible

or

DCDDDIDRADHBDWNHIDTTDIADTSTSH for short.

2018-03-14_new_39282403_I1.JPG
    It takes a lot of munny ta luke dis cheap sez I.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

the joe duffy ward also known as icu unit
    Drop a few vowels there caller and you have it so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I'm going to the duke for pints on christmas eve.

he better be gone and not interrupt my drinking

It’s usually on early caller, 9-11am

It’s usually on early caller, 9-11am

Yes, Joe has to go to De Wurker's Mass first callers, don't forget dat....he certainly won't let you forget it as he'll say it 10,000 toymes be6tween now and Christmas Eve so to speak.

zell12 wrote: »
    I guess these vijeo promos did not catch on
    https://twitter.com/rteliveline/status/755371702029344768

Lots of food I do be gobblin'
    40 Chins day do be wobblin',
    Come along for de roide,
    We'll discuss sewercoyde,
    Walking in Da Lahn Lahn Wonderland and dat so to speak.

Seriously, check out de chins in dat video.

Come along for de roide,

Lost one of my closest friends to sewersoyde a few weeks ago but still had a good chuckle at that.

You can't bayte a good sense of humour .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,989 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Come along for de roide,

The man is in the gym just after the crack of down photos are posted.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    The man is in the gym just after the crack of down photos are posted.

Look at the video in the twitter post Jeff.

BTW, he's said before he goes to the gym to read the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Must have a quare penny in the bank if the Community welfare officer can't help him.[/QUOTE

What's your point exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

It just goes to show the quality of poster here that there's very little said about a man paying taxes all his life, now dying and hasn't been paid since early November?

The best (worst) comment I can find is the one above that infers he must have few bob in the bank if the community welfare officer won't help him.

So fcuking what? This man deserves to be paid what he paid all his life into to?

I know you guys only post here to be smart arses but you need to take a look at yourselves if you've lost all the empathy you ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

BBFAN wrote: »
    It just goes to show the quality of poster here that there's very little said about a man paying taxes all his life, now dying and hasn't been paid since early November?

The best (worst) comment I can find is the one above that infers he must have few bob in the bank if the community welfare officer won't help him.

So fcuking what? This man deserves to be paid what he paid all his life into to?

I know you guys only post here to be smart arses but you need to take a look at yourselves if you've lost all the empathy you ever had.

Hi, just wondering, are you a Big Brother fan by any chance caller?

Wasn't listening yesterday but a quick glance at the thread suggested (note: I'll admit to not having read it fully so I'm not stating anything definitively) that no-one was slagging the man himself and most (if not all) were critical of the system and others who may have less shall we say credible reasons for claiming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Alas the cruel fact of the matter here is that we have looked inside ourselves and one of the things we see is a devotion, which is very important by the way, very important, to the show once known as Liveline. Again alas, we devotees (argue against us being devoted I dare you) find that the purpose of the show has been harangued inch by inch show by show caller by caller by a burping, yawning, guuuuugling, not listening chancer who has taken the opportunity given to him by a service that we have paid for all our lives, which we see as important, very important, and turnt it in to a plaything with a fascination in stories that have a seemingly coincidental subject range with the personality of the supposed presenter and his personal projects which he makes money from tax free. *sotto voce* Maybe you don't see that because you aren't a devotee but are a very smart fella compared to us so yah are. God Bless. God Bless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Ay jaysus the poor unfortunate caller!

withless wrote: »
    Alas the cruel fact of the matter here is that we have looked inside ourselves and one of the things we see is a devotion, which is very important by the way, very important, to the show once known as Liveline. Again alas, we devotees (argue against us being devoted I dare you) find that the purpose of the show has been harangued inch by inch show by show caller by caller by a burping, yawning, guuuuugling, not listening chancer who has taken the opportunity given to him by a service that we have paid for all our lives, which we see as important, very important, and turnt it in to a plaything with a fascination in stories that have a seemingly coincidental subject range with the personality of the supposed presenter and his personal projects which he makes money from tax free. *sotto voce* Maybe you don't see that because you aren't a devotee but are a very smart fella compared to us so yah are. God Bless. God Bless.

Good points caller, well made. Lacking a few so to speaks and and dats tough.
    ;)

• Advertisement

Yes, Joe has to go to De Wurker's Mass first callers, don't forget dat....he certainly won't let you forget it as he'll say it 10,000 toymes be6tween now and Christmas Eve so to speak.

Forgot about de Wurkers Mass

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement