Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

why could you not have min ? dont think another 4 furlongs will make much difference to him , The only horse around that can beat him is altior who is well on his way to being up there with sprinter sacre

I’d imagine he can’t have Min for the same reasons I can’t. Granted he finished runner up to Altior at the Festival but look at the races he’s won as a chaser: He beat an 11 year old Simply Ned, a 140 rated Flaxen Flare and Three Wise Men who is rated about 130 over fences. He is nowhere near as good as people think he is and he never will be.

I think the fact he’s won €300+k in his career is testament to Willie Mullins and how well he places his horses. It’s mind boggling to think Min has won that much considering the horses he has beaten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Don’t forget UDS has fallen in the past

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Motivator wrote: »
    I’d imagine he can’t have Min for the same reasons I can’t. Granted he finished runner up to Altior at the Festival but look at the races he’s won as a chaser: He beat an 11 year old Simply Ned, a 140 rated Flaxen Flare and Three Wise Men who is rated about 130 over fences. He is nowhere near as good as people think he is and he never will be.

I think the fact he’s won €300+k in his career is testament to Willie Mullins and how well he places his horses. It’s mind boggling to think Min has won that much considering the horses he has beaten.

In fairness Simply Ned got that race in the stewards room and fully justified. He for sure would have won that had he not been hampered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

kiers47 wrote: »
    In fairness Simply Ned got that race in the stewards room and fully justified. He for sure would have won that had he not been hampered.

Min beat him at Dublin Racing Festival in February!

Just the 4 runners in the Tingle Creek. Poor enough all be it 4 runners who have a live chance.
    Altior, Saint Calvados, Sceau Royal, Un De Sceaux

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Slattsy wrote: »
    Who wins the Tingle Creek?

Ground potentially going to be very soft. I suppose if there's ever a time to beat Altior it's first time out on soft ground.

UDS for me at 6s after he was confirmed earlier. I think only 4 or 5 go to post for this if I'm reading it right!

Well I called that bit right anyway!!

What a fúcking race though.

Slattsy wrote: »
    What a fúcking race though.

Its a belter alright. UDS and Saint Calvados going hell for leather. Should set up perfectly for Altior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

With un de sceaux at Sandown where does min go? Cork i presume. Great Field aswell

Its a belter alright. UDS and Saint Calvados going hell for leather. Should set up perfectly for Altior.

Be interesting as to who lets who take the lead here. Sheehan could lose the head completely if Ruby takes him on.

• Advertisement

Badabing wrote: »
    With un de sceaux at Sandown where does min go? Cork i presume. Great Field aswell

I would imagine Min is going to the John Durkan. Great Field could slot in in the Hilly Way then.
    But trying to guess what Willie is thinking is a dangerous game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Just the 4 runners in the Tingle Creek. Poor enough all be it 4 runners who have a live chance.
    Altior, Saint Calvados, Sceau Royal, Un De Sceaux

Thats about as good a 4 runner race as your ever likely to see.

Saint Calvados will go too quick and UDS might follow him but will stay better on the ground and if the other 2 let them go too far in front itll suit UDS.

F**k it its probably better to have no, no hopers getting in the way.

Odds of this being the race of the season are fairly short, as lets face it on normal Cheltenham ground in march Altior just wins..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Don’t forget UDS has fallen in the past

UDS has put that behind him over the last 2 years if I'm not mistaken. The horse has matured brilliantly.

That being said last March was disappointing. It amuses me that Willie sends him to the Tingle yet again against the likes of Altior when we all know where he'll end up next March regardless of what the result will be on Saturday.

Never seen more dicking around with a horse.

I'm sure the owners wanted one last crack at Tingle Creek and Altior. Probably only has 2 more runs this season anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Don't think one could ever get tired of seeing this race, has to be accompanied by Simon Holt's commentary though

https://twitter.com/racing_uk/status/1070754992284413952?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Fanny **** wrote:
    Don't think one could ever get tired of seeing this race, has to be accompanied by Simon Holt's commentary though

One of my favourite ever races.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Back when BG could ride a finish :rolleyes:
    Fanny **** wrote: »

https://twitter.com/racing_uk/status/1070754992284413952?s=19

Geraghty gets stick on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Geraghty gets stick on here

and rightly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Whatever about some other aspects of his riding the fact Geraghtys ability in a finish is being questioned confirms to me people are either talking through their pocket or just following the crowd in talking rubbish.
    Still in top couple of riders in a finish, i genuinely can't think of one current rider id prefer in a finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Looking forward to Fury Road on Sunday to see if the hype is real!

Whatever about some other aspects of his riding the fact Geraghtys ability in a finish is being questioned confirms to me people are either talking through their pocket or just following the crowd in talking rubbish.
    Still in top couple of riders in a finish, i genuinely can't think of one current rider id prefer in a finish.

dickie johnson says hello

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Le Richebourg says hello. I for one am not talking through my pocket as I very rarely back horses he's on these days but I do think he lost his drive and gone somewhat soft since he got the JP retainer

akelly02 wrote: »
    dickie johnson says hello

He was the one i had in My head soon as i posted so Nice to See us agree on something :D

Le Richebourg says hello. I for one am not talking through my pocket as I very rarely back horses he's on these days but I do think he lost his drive and gone somewhat soft since he got the JP retainer

Wow. Le richebourg was Never going to outstay Delta work on that run in. I actually let out a laugh when i read that. DW is Going to be a cracking 3 miler and Le richebourg is be almost certain will Drop to 2.
    Like really wow. :D

Will ya stop. You cannot possibly blame Geraghty for Le Richebourg. Delta Work was probably value for more than the winning margin tbh. Only reason he got so close was he pinged the last and DW was a bit clumsy at it. The best horse certainly won that race on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

No good being a great man in a finish if you can't manage to get a horse in a winning position. Always been a fan of his but he rode all last season like his mind was not on the game. Horses just didn't want to jump or travel for him. It was shockingly bad. imo.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    No good being a great man in a finish if you can't manage to get a horse in a winning position. Always been a fan of his but he rode all last season like his mind was not on the game. Horses just didn't want to jump or travel for him. It was shockingly bad. imo.

Right on queue ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

Is Sceau royal a great price lads, altior first time out on softish ground? He's a far superior horse but surely not odds on?

• Advertisement

Is Sceau royal a great price lads, altior first time out on softish ground? He's a far superior horse but surely not odds on?

if it was better ground id give sceau royal a great chance. on this ground i just think altior grinds it out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Serious performance by Defi Du Seuil

The Mig wrote: »
    Serious performance by Defi Du Seuil

Very good alright. Topofthegame also needs marking up. Gave them 20 lengths at the start.

Yeah disappointing he didn't jump off level with them

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

I see WH are 9/1 on Laurina to go unbeaten this year. Only has to run once to validate bet. SkyB are 6/1 the same market but the horse has to run minimum three times, in the 18-19 NH season. 9/1 seems a touch big. Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

culline wrote: »
    I see WH are 9/1 on Laurina to go unbeaten this year. Only has to run once to validate bet. SkyB are 6/1 the same market but the horse has to run minimum three times, in the 18-19 NH season. 9/1 seems a touch big. Thoughts?

Interesting one. Considering you can back her at 5s for the mares and over 6s for the champion, those odds look nothing special, but that 9s still might tempt me. If she wins this weekend, there’s a chance they’ll skip xmas, head straight to festival and then likely punchestown where she’d be warm fav you’d imagine if still unbeaten.
    Only thing puts me off is the prospect of having to beat Buvair Dair. She’d have to be another Annie power to do that and not sure I can have her in that league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭elderberry

Very good alright. Topofthegame also needs marking up. Gave them 20 lengths at the start.

Nicholls seems to really like him, planning to go for Feltham in Kempton next. Think Santini being aimed at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

The boom is back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

• Advertisement

I recall Henderson saying he might step Altior up in trip next season after his recent win, and that he was lame and sore post race against un de sceux after that really tough race. I have a strong feeling that something will beat him this march in the Champion Chase. 1/2 fav

Humm surprise entry for Altior

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/altior-to-light-up-kempton-on-thursday-in-desert-orchid-chase/358654

Still, I’m thinking something will come out of the woodwork to challenge him in March if he makes it

Footpad race next week will be interesting

Well, all we have is few big meetings left trials day end of January and then the fabulous Dublin Racing Festival being two of them. 10 weeks left to the first of the big spring festivals. It’s a very blurred and odd looking season so far.

The gold cup is so open!

BumperD wrote: »

Knew there was something up!

Laurina confirmed for Sandown tomorrow 1.50 race moved for ITV. Ruby on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Badabing wrote: »
    Laurina confirmed for Sandown tomorrow 1.50 race moved for ITV. Ruby on board.

Let's hope the ferry doesn't get cancelled ;)

Other than the experience of traveling, not sure what else will be achieved, mares listed event with 4 20 lb give or take inferior runners hardly tests her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I fancy Elixer Du Nutz tomorrow in the Tolworth, I think it should be favourite. Looks a completely different horse this season, hopefully the ground won’t be too much of an issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement