Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old TV ads.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Seasan wrote: »
    OK,who remembers these ads.....

"Triple A Golden Maverick.Coz this is no time to take a gamble!"

Stamp out scour!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Stamp out scour!!!!! :D

Yep-that's the one!

"A for Acidified".
    "A for Anti-scour".
    "A for Accelerated growth".

The music in that ad used to terrify me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

One of a series of terrible ads for this product when it hit the shelves in the late 80s.

Can't remember when it disappeared though. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Zebra3 wrote: »

One of a series of terrible ads for this product when it hit the shelves in the late 80s.

Can't remember when it disappeared though. :confused:
    How on earth could you get as dirty as that just by going about your daily business:confused: That man looked like he'd just won the national bog snorkeling championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 razor69

Please help me identifying an old car ad. It involved a forecourt attendant at one of these "route66" in the middle of nowhere style garage. He makes a noise, this happens a couple of times till you see the noise he's making is actually the only part of a song he catches as this car flies past the garage not needing to stop. Ie the ad is for the great fuel economy of this car. Help me please, think its a be but its only a guess. Please please give me back my sanity.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I'm gonna need somebody's help with this one.

This is a beer ad,from possibly late 80's or early 90's. (possibly Tennents but I'm really not sure).

A man walks into a pub and buys a pint,then leaves the pub with the pint in his hand.He walks down the road with the pint,walks across fields and meets his friend at a wall and gives him the pint.

I know this isn't a lot to go by but this is the best of my knowledge.Does anybody know what this ad is?

(p.s. it's not the guinness ad with yer man swimming across the ocean with a pint).

Go raibh maith agaibh.
    Is that that the one where the barman gets a shock when he sees yer man's reflection changing in the mirror?

darkdubh wrote: »
    Is that that the one where the barman gets a shock when he sees yer man's reflection changing in the mirror?

I can't even remember that one.But the one u have just mentioned sounds like one of those eerie ads getting a serious message accross.Am I right?? (coz i really don't know)

I see they've brought back that "homecoming" ESB ad with a young Alan Hughes.....

Did anybody see The Frontline last night?They showed a clip of that Harp Lager ad with "Sally O'Brien and the way she might look at you".

I wonder will they bring that one back as well??

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LeslieC

I'm going mad trying to find this tv ad that I remember I was wondering if anyone could help me find it or if anyone at least remembers it.
    It was an Alpen cereal ad run on RTE in the mid 90's, 1997 as far as I can remember.
    It featured the song Ocean Drive by the Lighthouse Family and all I can remember is that there was a really attractive woman, I'm convinced she was very tanned, brunette and wearing white. If I'm remembering correctly there was also water like a beach or a swimming pool or something. If anyone knows where I could find this ad, the name or the model or an information at all I'd really appreciate it, it's driving me mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Corsendonk wrote: »

This is one of my all time favourite ads:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Anyone remember this? I remember this more than pretty much anything on TV from years ago. Still a very powerful ad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Anyone remember this? I remember this more than pretty much anything on TV from years ago. Still a very powerful ad

I haven't seen that Ad in years and I'd forgotten just how powerful it was. I especially liked the 'Meatloaf' character with the machine gun in the pub - did he ever get any other similar film work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I haven't seen that Ad in years and I'd forgotten just how powerful it was. I especially liked the 'Meatloaf' character with the machine gun in the pub - did he ever get any other similar film work?

A dead ringer he was.

That advert also features Sheila McWade [Kay McCoy #2 in Fair City]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Yep-that's the one!

"A for Acidified".
    "A for Anti-scour".
    "A for Accelerated growth".

The music in that ad used to terrify me :-)

"Cheno-Unction, 'tis a quare name, but grate stuff"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone remember an add for a cosmetics company (Nivea ?) from the 80s ?
    Soundtrack was "Avalon" by Roxy Music.
    Featured a lady with a bob in a small back number.
    Looking for it for years me ...

"This is the house that Jack built.
    This is the fire that burnt the house that Jack built.
    These are the curtains tattered and torn and this is a photograph all forlorn of a mother and baby newly born who never woke up the following morn.
    They died from the smoke that poured through the doors that were left wide open and spread the fire that burnt the house that Jack built."

"And if you're not happy.....
    Lever Brothers will give you your money back."

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Been trying to remember this ad for ages!
    So many broken bottles it caused

Rememberd a real cheesey ad for Levis Jeans-a policewoman is actin real tough with this fella on the street,she has a gun and she pins him to a fence,gets him to put his legs apart and says:
    "You got anythin concealed? I'm gonna frisk you."
    And does exactly that-slowly.....

At the end it turns out that they are actually a couple-when he turns to her and says:
    "Babe,must we do this every time I wear these jeans??"

Rememberd a real cheesey ad for Levis Jeans-a policewoman is actin real tough with this fella on the street,she has a gun and she pins him to a fence,gets him to put his legs apart and says:
    "You got anythin concealed? I'm gonna frisk you."
    And does exactly that-slowly.....

At the end it turns out that they are actually a couple-when he turns to her and says:
    "Babe,must we do this every time I wear these jeans??"

The main levis ad I remember is the Roy Orbison one. I'm pretty sure that had it's own soundtrack actually.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I remember this ad for Wrangler Jeans with this fella who was dressed kind of like Bruce Springsteen giving a speech in front of a huge stars and stripes.He was saying something like "the things that made America great" then lists off "Democracy,freedom of choice and Wrangler Jeans".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Could have been mentioned already, and for those familiar with this line... "dem bones, dem bones need Calcium.. and that's a natural law.."

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Anyone remember this ad from the early 90s,it had this student type fella saying in a North Of England accent "It were an animal product Grandad".Can't remember what it was for.

Can't find anything about an ad like that or remember it. Anything else about it you can recall?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Anyone remember this ad from the early 90s,it had this student type fella saying in a North Of England accent "It were an animal product Grandad".Can't remember what it was for.
    Sugar! I meant to post this in old TV ads as it wasn't an RTE ad.Can it be moved please?

Sugar! I meant to post this in old TV ads as it wasn't an RTE ad.Can it be moved please?

PM Mickey Dolenz, Dr.Bollocko or Penncil Dick and they can move it when they get a chance if you like :)

The animated ad for the Safe Cross Code. Yuk. Bring back Brendan Grace and Judge the dog. Remember, one, look a safe place..... :D

darkdubh wrote: »
    I remember this ad for Wrangler Jeans with this fella who was dressed kind of like Bruce Springsteen giving a speech in front of a huge stars and stripes.He was saying something like "the things that made America great" then lists off "Democracy,freedom of choice and Wrangler Jeans".

Remember the ad with the fella going from one swimming pool to the next? Very nice.

madmaggie wrote: »
    The animated ad for the Safe Cross Code. Yuk. Bring back Brendan Grace and Judge the dog. Remember, one, look a safe place..... :D

There's a sentence that should never be uttered :pac:

• Advertisement

Bet I got that annoying little song going round the head all the same.:P

Advertisement