Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

im going shopping in LONDON tomorrow, woo! :) i know we have most of the uk high street stores now but there should at least be some be some savings to be had :) ive been in bad form all morning but now im looking at the list of shops in the shopping centre im going to & im getting excited! :D \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭sunshine rose

Have a fab time jellie!

I was there about 2 weeks ago and it was unbelievable, great sales on too!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I could take it to a tailor/dressmaker/seamstress in town and see if something could be done about the bow.
    I took the dress to the seamstress today and it would cost about €10 euros to get the bow sewn. She also said, the dress doesn't sit right on me as the elastic isn't stitched/done properly. So I am gonna bring the dress back and exchange it for a pair of jeans instead.
    Thanks Dolorous, I've opened a dispute in PayPal as the seller didn't reply to my message/email about the broken zip which I had originally sent to them through eBay.
    For anyone interested:

The seller gave me a full refund and I took it too a dressmaker/seamstress and it would cost €18 to get the a new zip on the dress. The seller hasn't asked for the dress back, but I won't get anything done with it yet, just in case (s)he does ask me for it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭awesom_o

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Its just Arnotts trying to 'get with it'. The project store which stocks a range of fashion brands including Oasis, french Lipsy, Benefit and Pandora. They had to move from the jervis street shopping center I think?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I LOVE your dress in WDYWT Stray Cat! I tried it on myself there a few weeks ago, but it just didn't fit right! Lame! Looks great on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I always love seeing Stray_Cat in the WDYWT thread! Such great clothes! Love the shoes today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

Twee. wrote: »
    I LOVE your dress in WDYWT Stray Cat! I tried it on myself there a few weeks ago, but it just didn't fit right! Lame! Looks great on you.

Thanks it's one of my favourite dresses it fits perfectly and it only cost €7 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Stray_Cat wrote: »
    Thanks it's one of my favourite dresses it fits perfectly and it only cost €7 :D

€7:eek::eek: I know where I'm going soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Stray_Cat wrote: »

If it fits me I am sooo getting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I have to stop buying stuff from M&S, I'm fast becoming a poster boy for them!

• Advertisement

Didn't see Straycat's dress in the Cork H&M:(:( Got into Cork about 2 and went to M&S, they had started their final clearance this morning and everything was down to €1, €2 or €3. Unfortunatley the place was pretty much bare by then, loads of empty racks:( Did get 2 nice(ish) skirts for €1 each (were €24) and 2 bottles of perfume for €1 each. If only I had known that it was on this morning I would have been there first thing. The Sales Assistant at the checkout said they didn't even know about it til they got in, she said if the word was out the whole of cork would have been there. So disappointed I missed out on el cheapo bras and knickers especially, all that was left was a couple of teeny tiny bras and knickerses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I was in marks and sparks for the final clearance yesterday too, didn't even know it was on. Got a few bras for a euro each and me and my mam bought a ton of tights for a euro each too. She also managed to get two pairs of lovely trousers down from 35 euro to 3euro each. It was great!

Anyone see this? It's a competition on Asos to 'grab and win' as many items as you can! You can only enter once a day, today I grabbed €393 worth of items, if I mananged to win even once I would be so happy :D

http://www.magnumtemptation100.co.uk/#/playnow/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Dolorous wrote: »
    Anyone see this? It's a competition on Asos to 'grab and win' as many items as you can! You can only enter once a day, today I grabbed €393 worth of items, if I mananged to win even once I would be so happy :D

http://www.magnumtemptation100.co.uk/#/playnow/
    What do you win? or is it just a game lol?

Just tried it there Dolorous, thanks! If my internet wasn't so bloomin' slow I would've gotten more I think. Boo-urns!

This is going to be like the benefit flake thing all over again for me, obsessive.

What do you win? or is it just a game lol?

You could win the items that you managed to grab!

I entered the Flake/ Benefit competition every day too, managed to win 2 lipsticks in the end :)

Aww, this asos one is over tomorrow. :( Raging I didn't know about it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyone else noticed that awear's clothes are absolutely massive? None of the size 8 dresses would fit me there. And I'm hardly a size 8. I don't care if they are trying to make people feel better about their size...make yer sizes proper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

OMG Doll you joined Chictopia! I'm on it with the same user name! Gonna friends request ya now! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Anyone else noticed that awear's clothes are absolutely massive? None of the size 8 dresses would fit me there. And I'm hardly a size 8. I don't care if they are trying to make people feel better about their size...make yer sizes proper!

And yet I'm a size 14-16, and their size 16 trousers won't go up on me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Awear is a weird one, some of their stuff (esp tshirts, honestly who sizes them?) is at least a size bigger than they say, but I find some of their stuff absolutely tiny!

+1 on their sizing! Sometimes their ten is too big on me, and other times the twelve is tight! Pick a side A|Wear! I don't bother going in anymore, nothing fits me properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The Cool wrote: »
    And yet I'm a size 14-16, and their size 16 trousers won't go up on me...

See I never tried on any pants there. They coulda been too small. I reckon with tops/dresses anyway they make them for bigger busted women, because everything was falling off me that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I find Jane Norman sizing to be horrid wrong.
    Ps - I just had a look through the picture thread. Oh my god, I think f&a have the best looking boardsies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Ah, so you found my picture then. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Bought a tuxido over the weekend. I'll post a pic when I have the opportunity to wear it. I'm going to a grown up Debs in October. WooHooo - a chance to relive the horror and terror that is the Debs Dance.

Oh lucky! I wish I could redo my debs. What a horror it was! I, if I may say so myself, looked really well, I loved my dress and had a little leopard print cropped box jacket to top it all off. THEN my date got off his tits, like couldn't even stand. So I spent the whole night babysitting the eejit. I look sooo pissed off in the official picture, his eyes are half closed :rolleyes:

I spent most of mine sitting around A&E as my friends date slipped on the way into the venue and cracked her head. :(

Anyway, a few friends were reminising on the joy/horror of the Debs and (after much drinkies) a charity event was planned. I think/hope that Fajitas!, Jemmy, Splinter and BaileyCheeseCake amongst others are going.

Have to do the whole thing, corasge for the Lady - nagin of vodka for the boys - outragiously bad dancing - learybleary photographs, the PartyFireEngine to take us to the venue. No holds barred and all just so that we can dress up. Theres talk of velvet suits (mens!), vintage ball gowns, white tuxidos with extra frilly shirts. Stomach churning to say the least.

Now, I must go practive my Waltz.

That sounds like such a fun night you have planned!!

I'd love to have my debs again. Believe me, I party hard but I've never had a night as good as my debs.
    I had just dumped the boyfriend, so took one of my friends with me, and he had such fun helping me pour as many shots as possible down my throat.

His mum had him warned to be on his best behaviour.
    My mum had to undress me when I finally got home.. Some time around eight, the following morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I can't wait for the reDebs. :)

I'm not sure if I should go for a kilt again. Or I could buy myself a nice new dinner jacket. Hmmmmm.

My debs was also awful! The dress was amazing and the hair and make up turned out absolutely perfect but my shoes were murder and my whole year was baloobas drunk before they even got to the hotel.

I was far too sober to enjoy it!

fonpokno wrote: »
    I was far too sober to enjoy it!

I feel your pain :p My date bought me one drink. He then spilt it on my dress. God, WHY did we go out for two months after that?!

Just finished packing for Berlin! 1kg under the hand luggage weight, yay! But I have a feeling we will need to put a case in the hold on the way home, if shopping goes well :D But sure it's only €20 to add in the airport, and there's three of us. Grand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

My debs was awful. Most of the year drunk, ended up in the worst nightclub in town because most of us were just 18. Looking back I wouldn't have been foolish enough to fork out as much as I did on dress/shoes, even though I probably only spent half the amount other people did. It wasn't a memorable night. We ended up sitting for two hours outside the chipper in town after the nightclub closed. Would love to have a reDebs with actual friends.

If anyone is really interested I can find out if there are any places/tickets left for the Growed Up Debs. As I said earlier it's a charity event put together by a few of us burlesquers that seems to have grown legs and is getting bigger by the day.

I think it grew an extra 7 legs at the last social when your T and my S got talking about it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

OldGoat wrote: »
    If anyone is really interested I can find out if there are any places/tickets left for the Growed Up Debs. As I said earlier it's a charity event put together by a few of us burlesquers that seems to have grown legs and is getting bigger by the day.

Yo Goat! Anywhere I can find details etc about this? Sounds like a blast, if i could get the night off work!

I'm hoping that there will be more details soon and I'll let ye know.

Meanwhile I'm on the hunt for a new bowtie. Trying to find bowties that are not black or white in this country is a fupping nightmare.

Saw some lovely hand painted silk ones - sadly they were all pre-tied and I hate that. There were painted by John Kerwin, one of my favourite artists. He does the most magnificent sea and sky scapes of ublin (mostly). They were either €40 or €60 each - can't remember (hungover).

Few things more pleasurable at the end of an event is to open a bowtie and let it drape over both shoulders while everyone else has those 'orible pre-ties dangling off one shoulder.
    /TieSnob

Found straycat's dress in H&M today:)But they only had size 8s left:( Tried it on and the style was lovely but the flipping thing wouldn't zip up all the way, was devastated....was surprisingly nice on too.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I'm hoping that there will be more details soon and I'll let ye know.

Meanwhile I'm on the hunt for a new bowtie. Trying to find bowties that are not black or white in this country is a fupping nightmare.

Saw some lovely hand painted silk ones - sadly they were all pre-tied and I hate that. There were painted by John Kerwin, one of my favourite artists. He does the most magnificent sea and sky scapes of ublin (mostly). They were either €40 or €60 each - can't remember (hungover).

I've seen those!!!

They are AMAZING!!! I think they are €60??? Beautiful!!

Sadly himself won't wear a tie, nevermind a bowtie. Sigh.

Maybe I should just take to wearing them myself :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

lindtee wrote: »
    Found straycat's dress in H&M today:)But they only had size 8s left:( Tried it on and the style was lovely but the flipping thing wouldn't zip up all the way, was devastated....was surprisingly nice on too.:(

Awe Lindtee that sucks, nothing worse than finding a nice dress and they dont have your size :(

• Advertisement

Few things more pleasurable at the end of an event is to open a bowtie and let it drape over both shoulders while everyone else has those 'orible pre-ties dangling off one shoulder.
    /TieSnob

I've seen you with an open bowtie at the start of an event, nevermind the end :pac:

Thats only because I was Too Drunk to F..tie my bowtie before I got to the event! :p

Actually, the real reason is that I was wearing an old shirt and the collar was a tad too tight.
    /Shakes fist at self; Damn you expanding body!

Nevermind bow ties - i've encountered many guys who can't tie their ties!! No joke. I was appalled and had to do it for them. Tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

Oh God, just had a flashback to my debs!

After it got dark, the prinicpal (battleaxe old nun) walked around the grounds with a flashlight looking for any wayward couples.

I got my dress in Dunnes the day before though, for half nothing. I still love it, black lace over a layer of pink. If only it still fit. I swear it shrank over the years ;):p

We should have a formal FAP beers so we can all wear our deb dresses/tux again.

I'd take any excuse to wear that beauty again.

+1 to fonpokno!

10 Things I Hate About You is on, haven't seen it in years, I love this film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Second time watching it this week. Hyuss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That would actually be so much fun!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

my debs dress stopped fitting me a long time ago! even when i was actually the same size as the dress, my body shape has changed and the dress just didnt fit (yes i tried it one time when i was clearing out my wardrobe :o)

aw i watched it last night too :) even though i have it on dvd - its just not the same as finding it randomly on tv! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement