Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chatwalk - Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I know. I'm dreading Mrs.Goat looking there. Problem is that Susn keeps posting her photos on Facebook for one and all to see. I sense a credit card meltdown (again).:(

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'd love to buy a dress, or a bag... But no! If I pick another parcel up from the post office any time soon, they're gonna know I have a serious addiction! :pac: I promised myself there'd be no online shopping this week, not even Tesco. (Yesterday doesn't count 'cause it was a bank holiday!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭miss5

Love that site, Thanks old goat.

Sense another unnecessary shopping spree lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Haha, I tried to promise myself no new clothes this month BUT we need to get new season uniform in work so I actually HAVE to shop :p

That site has some lovely pieces on it! Was it mentioned in the Times magazine on Saturday, I think. Got excited when I saw they used tweed...

Does anyone know how long they take to deliver?

• Advertisement

That was Susan on the cover of the Times magazine. :)

Eek just contributed to the Latest Purchases thread. I needed to test this Asos-Laser card thing ;)

Knee socks are WIN.

I'm gonna give them a shot! Probably with pale patterned tights under, just for a bit of cover.

Twee. wrote: »
    Eek just contributed to the Latest Purchases thread. I needed to test this Asos-Laser card thing ;)

Yeah, I had to test it out as well! :o:)

• Advertisement

+1 must add to the latest purchases thread too.

Really good review for Charlotte and Jane, great brand, never heard of them before.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/magazine/2010/0501/1224269198785.html

Does anyone else find it difficult to find day dresses?

I usually find some in miss selfridges, mango and urban outfitters.
    Any other suggestions?

Spent the night surfing and searching for a candystripe blazer - circa 1930-1950 for a man of my larger frame. Fupping nightmare. The majority of 'Vintage' sites believe that the 80's is where vintage starts, as has been remarked before, the era of mass production and the absence of quality tailoring.
    I really need a couple of weeks on a European tour of markets and second hand stores. F&A Road Trip anyone? Just a weekend in London would probably do me right now.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Spent the night surfing and searching for a candystripe blazer - circa 1930-1950 for a man of my larger frame. Fupping nightmare. The majority of 'Vintage' sites believe that the 80's is where vintage starts, as has been remarked before, the era of mass production and the absence of quality tailoring.
    I really need a couple of weeks on a European tour of markets and second hand stores. F&A Road Trip anyone? Just a weekend in London would probably do me right now.

I'm going to London in two weeks :P:)

Bitc...I mean thats brilliant! :D

Camden market, brick lane, carnaby street, saville row...so many destinations, so little time. I'll start writing up my shopping list for you. Shouldn't be more then 3 or 4 extra suitcases trunks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Oh no, did i have to look at this thread and see that lovely site?? I have to save my monies for living in London! Can't wait to go shooing over there, I'll most def stay tuned to this forum too to finally begin to post purchases after two years of an embargo!!

EDIT: Make sure to forward that list to me :)!

OldGoat wrote: »
    Bitc...I mean thats brilliant! :D

Camden market, brick lane, carnaby street, saville row...so many destinations, so little time. I'll start writing up my shopping list for you. Shouldn't be more then 3 or 4 extra suitcases trunks.

Yes, yes, feel free to send me that list... along with your credit card! :)

Ooh! You lucky thing! I'm trying to plan a 5 days or so away with the girls. London and Paris seem to be the forerunners at the moment. I vote Paris! I've never been there to really soak it up.

Ooh! You lucky thing! I'm trying to plan a 5 days or so away with the girls. London and Paris seem to be the forerunners at the moment. I vote Paris! I've never been there to really soak it up.

I'd love to go to Paris actually. There's an amazing hostel, http://www.oops-paris.com/ so if I get to go there this summer, that's where I wanna stay! :)

Fashion nights out. Could this be a venue for a F&A Beers- cocktails- BEERS?
    :rolleyes:
    Hello all,

Just dropping you a line about the new Style Nation club night that starts from 7 this Thursday in Dakota Bar on South William Street
    We'd love to see you there, we're really excited about bringing the Style Nation brand to life!

:

Summer is here and so is The Beauty Spot!

A new night of Fashion, Beauty, Shopping and Drinks in association with Style Nation and sponsored by Smirnoff launches this Thursday!

No Cover Charge!

Dakota Bar is teaming up with Ireland’s top online Fashion and Beauty Show ‘Style Nation’ to bring some fun, fashion and frolics to going out on Thursday Nights.

Featuring at the Beauty Spot will be regular beauty tips and advice given by Top Make Up Artists, Hair Stylists, alongside our 'Pop Up Shop' hosting vintage & contemporary fashion and accessories. And of course there will be delicious cocktails from only €5 and many more drink offers at the bar.

Our weekly Beauty Bar will have a different theme and treatments every week, kicking off with Nails on the 14th. Think eye popping colour and insider tips to make nails last even longer.

Your Host for the evening, "Beautify" (Style Nation's own beauty show) presenter and MAC Make Up Artist, Edel Kirke will be on hand to make sure you get your beauty fix and more importantly have lots of fun.

She'll be assisted by new kid on the block and DJ, Conor Behan who will play an upbeat mix of pop, disco, R&B, kitsch and retro favourites, all gauranteed to put you in a good mood.

Drinks, Fashion & Frolics: expect it all at The Beauty Spot and Get Set for the Weekend in Style.

Table bookings are available on hello@dakotabar.ie. See www.dakotabar.ie for more information.

Style Nation Ireland's fashion channel, will be there to film for upcoming episodes too so who knows who you might spot?

From 7pm get your fill of fashion fun, fresh cocktails and top pop tunes in Dakota, this Thursday and every Thursday for the rest of the Summer

Check out www.stylenation.ie for more info on The Beauty Spot and keep an eye on our twitter pages at www.twitter.com/stylenationshow and www.twitter.com/beautyspotlive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

miss5 wrote: »
    I have just started wearing over the knee socks with dresses and skirts.
    I quite like the look once it's done properly.
    Any opinions?
    I love that look! I'd wear it myself but I'm 27 and afraid that it's a bit "young" for me.

Old Goat, that Charlotte & Jane site is fab! I am in clothing lust :D

Got my Le Sac dress from American Apparel today. It's a bit difficult to get it right, but I really like it! It is basically a piece of fabric with string. There's videos on how to do it up on YouTube.
    sf_sac-jpg.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

How much was it Twee?

I got mine from Asos (http://www.asos.com/American-Apparel/American-Apparel-Le-Sac-Multi-Way-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1070606&cid=10083&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Aqua%2fBlack)
    for €27.50, limited colours though
    From the AA site, they're €38, but more options. You can also get different strings for them here http://store.americanapparel.eu/rsa0300.html?cid=29

I want one so badly now. Seems like an all round great summery dress.

What colour did you get? I was hoping for just plain black but asos don't seem to stock that.

Hermione* wrote: »
    I love that look! I'd wear it myself but I'm 27 and afraid that it's a bit "young" for me.

Old Goat, that Charlotte & Jane site is fab! I am in clothing lust :D
    I think you would have no problem pulling it off your only 27. I see lots
    of girls in their late twenties wearing over the knee socks with short dresses.
    You should definetly try it!

Yeah I can't wait to wear it out! I got the slate with black string. It has kind of a blue hue to it.

Yeah I can't wait to wear it out! I got the slate with black string. It has kind of a blue hue to it.

Very nice! Might have a wander in to town and see if they have a black one!

I was thinking of just using ribbon to mix and match rather than buying loads of the different laces, is the material light enough to handle that or would I be better of getting them?

Sorry for all the questions!! :o

That should work, it's pretty light. Only problem I can see is just getting the right width so it doesn't bunch up too much when threaded through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

miss5 wrote: »
    I think you would have no problem pulling it off your only 27. I see lots
    of girls in their late twenties wearing over the knee socks with short dresses.
    You should definitely try it!
    Thanks! thing I may try it - my legs are probably my favourite asset ;) I do think it's a great look. Do you wear it more as a daytime thing?

Twee, the dress is so cute! Love it :)

Advertisement