Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread! Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Just looking at the pic above, do you guys worry about taking your classic out in the rain? I personally check the weather before going out. Am I being too fussy?

My car spends roughly 363 days a year in a very dry shed. I'm not fussy at all what weather it's exposed to for the 2 days it gets out!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

Just looking at the pic above, do you guys worry about taking your classic out in the rain? I personally check the weather before going out. Am I being too fussy?

I generally check the weather and make a call. If I get caught in it there is little I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

m17 wrote: »
    Templemore co tipperary
    BaEUa4Y.jpg

Is that some private collection ? Weird mix of cars

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

I'm more worried about salt and gritters. If it rains when I'm out then so be it but if its lashing down then I wont take them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

saw this today - nice bus.

When I played with dinkys as a kid - it was always an estate that I brought camping to the woods.
    Bringing this old bus up to ticknock to go mountain biking seems close enough !
    He's living my dream :)

Its been here a while judging by the plate - but soon to enjoy its age.

540618.jpg

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote: »

Its been here a while judging by the plate - but soon to enjoy its age.

If he lived in Wexford he'd already be on €56.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,953 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A few recent sightings:

Balbriggan

k3Sebbph.jpg

Dublin 2

iW3kGcWh.jpg

Skerries

O9DOj1fh.jpg

Dublin 7

nHNGbqzh.jpg

Blake's Cross

4alA78Dh.jpg

Sandycove(?)

j59NfjMh.jpg

Blake's Cross

seJ8AXkh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That camper has been in Sandycove for many years. Not sure if it ever moves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭tc20

nice pics WA - those wheels on the Caddy in the last photo are hilarious :D
    It looks either photoshopped, or the car is on those air rams, and is about to "transform"

tc20 wrote: »
    nice pics WA - those wheels on the Caddy in the last photo are hilarious :D
    It looks either photoshopped, or the car is on those air rams, and is about to "transform"
    Yes, it's awful. To make it worse, he did a burnout leaving the car wash. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Skerries tonight.

HLpBWV2h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Old fashioned air-con there with the double skinned roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

543956.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

Sorry for the bad photo, couldn't get the phone out quick enough. Kevin St last night, anyone hazard a guess as to what it is? Looks Italian.

IMG-20210217-113203.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

It's a Peugeot 404 cabriolet, owned by Chez Max, a French restaurant in Dublin city centre.

Well there goes my reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Well there goes my reputation.

Well, the cabriolet was styled by Pininfarina studios in Milan, so it looks a lot more Italian (and pretty) than the relatively stodgy saloon. :)

Rathmines just now, gorgeous :

IMG-20210217-154248.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Type 17 wrote: »
    Well, the cabriolet was styled by Pininfarina studios in Milan, so it looks a lot more Italian (and pretty) than the relatively stodgy saloon. :)

They are a lovely car.

It's worth noting that Pininfarina designed the saloon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Not sure if this should be in the abandoned classics thread or here. Definitely hasn't moved in a long long time......

544386.jpg

• Advertisement

Glasnevin an hour ago ;

IMG-20210220-191216.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

Glasnevin an hour ago ;

IMG-20210220-191216.jpg

Zv plate in the window and tax and insurance discs. So why the UK plates?

Speedline wrote: »

Maybe hes a wanker!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Speedline wrote: »

Maybe he just went inside into the house to get a screwdriver to change the plates, but decided to stare out the window at the photographer until they were gone.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

I haven't got a pic...but I'm just wondering does anyone know the car yer one drives on tg4 Garri Glas it's a dark green sporty type ??

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭cml387

Type 17 wrote: »

Pininfarina did the Morris Oxford/Austin Cambridge, to which the 404 bore a strong resembance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

Rathgar about an hour ago:

545054.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Longford yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The other side of this Merc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

frosty123 wrote: »
    I haven't got a pic...but I'm just wondering does anyone know the car yer one drives on tg4 Garri Glas it's a dark green sporty type ??

Thanks,

It's a Datsun 260Z and the bould Síle is driving around with no MOT* on it!

BWP815M is the reg.

I'm presuming rented in for the show, but that's an odd expense for such little screen time in each episode.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/player/categories/lifestyle-tv-shows/?series=Garra%C3%AD%20Glas&genre=Saolchlar

545759.JPG

*(It's over 40 tbf :D:D:D)

Advertisement