27-11-2020, 21:51   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Eyes View Post
Over the counter drowsy anti histamines are brilliant like Piriton or others with similar ingredients. Take the lowest dose possible and see how it works for you. Totally non addictive, and then zzzzz
A pharmacist told me that since covid doctors are prescribing huge amounts of antihistamines for sleep.I don't like them they make me feel very strange. Tonight i am making bed on couch in the living room

Last edited by kellykelly; 27-11-2020 at 22:51.
Advertisement
02-12-2020, 22:07   #197
Fathom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopher Cool Redneck View Post
Tonight i am making bed on couch in the living room
Yo kelly. Couch works for me. Turn on TV. Bored. Falls as asleep.
02-12-2020, 22:30   #198
Jeff88448

I find this tea brilliant for sleep.

https://littlecollinscbd.com/product...y-hemp-cbd-tea
02-12-2020, 22:33   #199
atilladehun

I create a fictional world. I suppose it's a bit like a story or a passage in a novel. Setting a scene rather than a start middle and end.

I have a couple of themes that I often return to. Usually there's a lot of detail. Sights sounds smells sensations. Breathing can be part of it, not as explicit as a meditation.

I can describe my character and those around me. More often than not almost nothing is happening, I'm just describing.

I've done this for over 15 years. In normal busy life this gets me asleep quickly. In stressful times it stops me doing the inefficient ineffective thinking thing.

I've recently been going through treatment for serious long term illness which has messed up my sleep for countless reasons. My narrative thing helps me stay relaxed in bed for hours without getting stressed about not sleeping.

I've done the mindfulness app ones, I like them too. They're a good way for me to mix it up. Mine are more personal I suppose, like a half memory or you know when you read a book and imagine extra bits about characters in the world you create. It's important for me not to have any real people in it though.
03-12-2020, 04:12   #200
olestoepoke

You never know what you've got till its gone. I took sleep for granted for years, then due to stress all of a sudden terrible insomnia. Two or even three nights and not a wink. Walking dead the next day, taking a Benzo worked but after reading about how addictive they are and to be honest you don't get a proper sleep on them, I stopped taking them, you cant live your life dependent on a pill for sleep.

I read a few books on CBTI, put my smart watch on and started running/walking in the park everyday for about 5k. I was always a healthy eater but went overboard with this recently, zero sugar. One cup of tea and one cup of coffee in the morning and thats it for the day. Dinner around 5pm and no food or drinks after that bar a sip of water.

When I couldn't sleep after 30 min I get out of bed and downstairs to the living room, and repeat this 3 or even 4 times a night to break the association with being tortured in bed. Slowly I started getting a few hours sleep every night and this made a big difference. The first night I slept right through for 7 hours was an amazing feeling. Im almost back to normal now, I think the biggest issue is changing your mindset regarding the bed and no sleep and tortured tossing and turning and getting up after 20 min or half an hour and do something, I played an audiobook by Richard Dawkins, something about his voice that calms me, and when you feel tired again go back to bet and repeat. I only had this problem for a couple of months I really feel for people that suffer with it for years or decades.

Last edited by olestoepoke; 03-12-2020 at 04:41.
Advertisement
03-12-2020, 08:37   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
Yo kelly. Couch works for me. Turn on TV. Bored. Falls as asleep.
Didn't work for me.I didn't sleep that night but i went to bed at 7 am the next morning and slept till 4pm and stayed in bed till 9PM sleeping/dozing.Got upate.watched film till 2 back to bed slept again sleeping pretty OK since
Thanks from:
07-12-2020, 18:35   #202
Fathom

Yo Kelly. Whatever works. We are on COVID stay-at-home orders. Unless essential. So odd hours work here too. Me essential? My work is in grey area. So I go in when boss calls. Makes my hours flexible.
10-12-2020, 11:16   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom View Post
Yo Kelly. Whatever works. We are on COVID stay-at-home orders. Unless essential. So odd hours work here too. Me essential? My work is in grey area. So I go in when boss calls. Makes my hours flexible.
I am sleeping good again. I think the night awake on the couch reset my sleep pattern. I have the blue light blocker too on the computer and phone
Thanks from:
10-12-2020, 11:18   #204
begbysback

Bend both hands down as far as they go, very relaxing effect, have even noticed my dog doing it in his bed.
Advertisement
01-01-2021, 23:01   #205
olestoepoke

Went to my doc and he suggested I tried Melatonin. Wow what a difference, knocks me out and not one side effect, no grogginess the next day. I know I'm only supposed to take them for a few weeks but they've Been fantastic.
01-01-2021, 23:07   #206
wally1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by olestoepoke View Post
Went to my doc and he suggested I tried Melatonin. Wow what a difference, knocks me out and not one side effect, no grogginess the next day. I know I'm only supposed to take them for a few weeks but they've Been fantastic.
Can you simply buy it over the counter?
02-01-2021, 03:23   #207
el diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally1990 View Post
Can you simply buy it over the counter?
Prescription only afaik. Maybe you can purchase online.
02-01-2021, 03:41   #208
Snake Plisken

Quote:
Originally Posted by el diablo View Post
Prescription only afaik. Maybe you can purchase online.
Yes prescription only if we ever get back to Spain you can buy it over the counter there without prescription
02-01-2021, 04:40   #209
Real Donald Trump

Have this problem myself. Anyone here try CBD oil ? thinking about using it....
02-01-2021, 05:49   #210
el diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Donald Trump View Post
Have this problem myself. Anyone here try CBD oil ? thinking about using it....
Tried CBD but it did absolutely nothing for me.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion