Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

The soccer forum would have it locked after 2 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

cheatin french bastards, still fifa got what they wanted, well done to them

TheZohan wrote: »
    Because one man and/or one football team is not an entire nation and we will not tolerate any form of racism here. We can all make our point without stooping to that level.

The French are probably the most racist people you could find. I have lots of French friends and half all they say would get a perma ban here. they deserve all the abuse there are going to get imo. They are well able for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,825 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

pip-irl wrote: »
    the point of the petition is to raise awareness of how soccer needs a video ref.

It is one of few major sports that doesn't have a video ref.Ice hockey tennis and rugby all have video refs why not soccer
    @!!!!!!!!!!!

O_0

THE LACK OF A VIDEO REF IS ONE OF THE LAST GREAT THINGS ABOUT SOCCER

PARDON MY CAPS BUT I AM VERY PASSIONATE ON THAT POINT.

Honestly have you Tried Sitting down to American Football? College Football is better than the NFL, but STILL! You see one Totally b!tchin awesome play, then lord tootie blows his whistle, cue 5 minutes of commercials, come back from commercials, the refs are huddled in a comittee over a TV monitor trying to find some angle which proves the guy may have been out of bounds (When he wasnt FFS, according to 99 out of 100 different camera angles. God ESPN fuppin loves cameras) So 10 minutes later after youve heard more than you ever want to know about Zicam or Miller Lite, the refs rule out the touchdown and youve lost all your patience for The Great American PAsttime. The great American Time Waster Indeed. Ill take the Beautiful Game any day.

Be ****ing glad of so few timeouts and video ref calls. **** if it would ever take you 4 hours to watch a 90 minute game.

Overheal wrote: »
    @!!!!!!!!!!!

O_0

Honestly have you Tried Sitting down to American Football? College Football is better than the NFL, but STILL! You see one Totally b!tchin awesome play, then lord tootie blows his whistle, cue 5 minutes of commercials, come back from commercials, the refs are huddled in a comittee over a TV monitor trying to find some angle which proves the guy may have been out of bounds (When he wasnt FFS, according to 99 out of 100 different camera angles. God ESPN fuppin loves cameras) So 10 minutes later after youve heard more than you ever want to know about Zicam or Miller Lite, the refs rule out the touchdown and youve lost all your patience for The Great American PAsttime. The great American Time Waster Indeed. Ill take the Beautiful Game any day.

Be ****ing glad of so few timeouts and video ref calls. **** if it would ever take you 4 hours to watch a 90 minute game.

Works fine in rugby though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

@!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you get away with calling another poster a fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

@!!!!!!!!!!!

O_0

You can't say Soccer is going to turn into an american football style game if video reffing is brought in. The two games are incomparable. As said, it works nicely in rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

@!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

@!!!!!!!!!!!

O_0

Um, I think you're mixing up American commercial driven entertainment with sport. A decision in football could be made before the ball would make it back to the halfway line for kickoff. In rugby it's more complicated but it still does not take that long and there is not commercials and it makes it a hell of a lot more fair. That's why I believe that rugby is a far superior sport. Rarly in a game will you ever feel robbed by cheating especially in a situation like we saw tonight.

Bring in TMO's in football. It will make it fair, more entertaining and without that bitter taste in the mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 pip-irl

@!!!!!!!!!!!

O_0

looks like you have espn which means you have watched more then just nfl. SO you will have noticed that the adverts is how the american sports work. advert after advert. When have you ever watched a football match or rugby match were it kept going ot adverts never and it will never go that way because thats not how it works over here. In the states no mater what you watch from the news to kids tv to sports there are adds all the time. So please dont be calling anyone a fool on stuff you clearly dont have a clue of. YEs video refing works perfect in rugby also sinc they introduced it into tennis it has worked perfect and ow the games go on for aslong as they are meant for and not dragged out. hhhhmmmm funny that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

Banned.

The 'thanks' he received from TheZohan (AH Mod) when he called the other poster a fool is sending the wrong message.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Happynappy

Papad wrote: »
    The 'thanks' he received from TheZohan (AH Mod) when he called the other poster a fool is sending the wrong message.

Its all right you got him banned, well done mate :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Minnow Nordies have a laugh at our expense?

New banner on their forum I see :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Minnow Nordies have a laugh at our expense?

New banner on their forum I see :rolleyes:

I didnt know that didnt like us
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Papad wrote: »

Somebody please... think of the children.

Anyway we lost tonight, **** it, we gave it a good go but we lost!! deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I didnt know that didnt like us
    :(

Don't worry, I still like us :)

Hmm. Pics are disabled....(!)

*Implied Facepalm*

In fairness. You should stop being a troll f*t Y*nk(!)

*Implied racism*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

In fairness. You should stop being a troll f*t Y*nk(!)

*Implied racism*

Jesus man. Get a hold of yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mobifr

Hey guys, I just want to say, I am French and sorry for you about tonight. If I was in your situation I'll would be really pissed off and sad. Like most of you I think we should play this game in a neutral country like in Germany. Honestly, I would have prefer to have the referee call it. He should have ask to Henry whether or not he played handball rather than football like your coach said.

I think that's a shame for us too because even if we're doing well in Africa we can't forget It's not fair. You should read comments on lemonde.fr (obviously it's in French) and you'll see most French think like me.

Now, if you're asking me your screwed because of the FIFA attitude....

Also, we appreciate your fair-play knowing how hard it is for you. I mean your coach should make you proud. I think we have learn from you today.

It's not our fault, It's the way the rule have been made (by england...).

I am going to sign your petition....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

mobifr wrote: »

Now, if you're asking me your screwed because of the FIFA attitude....

I agree, FIFA is who I'm angry with after that match.

Last nights result was a commercial decision, it had nothing to do with "sport". The French team had so many refs decisions go in their favour I think it was pretty obvious that no matter what, FIFA were going to ensure they got through.

• Advertisement

keefg wrote: »
    I agree, FIFA is who I'm angry with after that match.

Last nights result was a commercial decision, it had nothing to do with "sport". The French team had so many refs decisions go in their favour I think it was pretty obvious that no matter what, FIFA were going to ensure they got through.

I'm not having that, the ref had a good game tonight, lets not forget he could've easily given the French a peno, the handball was moreso an oversight by the linesman.

I'm not having that,

You think I care?

You think I care?

What you "care" about isn't really anybody's concern but your own, the fact of the matter is Henry handle the ball which resulted in a goal, the ref didn't see it, we didn't go through.

The seeding thing is a conversation for another day, but i think tonight the ref had a good game, yes he didnt see the handball but he could've easily given a pen to Anelka which he didn't, swings and roundabouts really.

the ref didn't see it,

Come on, do you really believe that none of the officials saw that?

On some of the really close offside decisions (for both sides) the linesmen had their flags up straight away and yet they all of a sudden become blind when it comes to a crucial section of the game when the ball is kicked into our goal area.

Although I'm gutted at the result I hold no animosity toward TH or any of the French players, as many have said if it had been an Irish player in the same situation we'd all be singing "Ole Ole". They are competitive people, it's in their nature to do what it takes to win.

There was definitely some cheating going on last night and I don't blame it all on Henry.

Come on, do you really believe that none of the officials saw that?

On some of the really close offside decisions (for both sides) the linesmen had their flags up straight away and yet they all of a sudden become blind when it comes to a crucial section of the game when the ball is kicked into our goal area.

Although I'm gutted at the result I hold no animosity toward TH or any of the French players, as many have said if it had been an Irish player in the same situation we'd all be singing "Ole Ole". They are competitive people, it's in their nature to do what it takes to win.

There was definitely some cheating going on last night and I don't blame it all on Henry.

The linesman should've seen it, he had a decent view, i don't believe for a second there was anything untoward going on with the ref, as i said he could've easily given the pen to France.

Henry cheated, it was plain and simple but i understand why he did it. I'm really pissed off we didn't go through as we all are but that's football i suppose.

People are right in saying Fifa are a corrupt body, they clearly are after the whole seeding thing(which by the way makes me sick to my stomach, fuking cartel running cunts) I just don't think the ref was influenced either way tonight.

People are right in saying Fifa are a corrupt body,

Couldn't agree more, they are nothing more than a commercial corporation same as Microsoft or Intel, sporting body my ar$e.

I just don't think the ref was influenced either way tonight.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. :)

Couldn't agree more, they are nothing more than a commercial corporation same as Microsoft or Intel, sporting body my ar$e.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. :)

Fair enough, we lost anyway we tried our best(and more) against a superior side, it was a sh1t way to go out, but as Kurtis Blow says..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

What you "care" about isn't really anybody's concern but your own, the fact of the matter is Henry handle the ball which resulted in a goal, the ref didn't see it, we didn't go through.

The seeding thing is a conversation for another day, but i think tonight the ref had a good game, yes he didnt see the handball but he could've easily given a pen to Anelka which he didn't, swings and roundabouts really.

You do realise it was a dive, the ref knew this and didnt produce a card. The ref may not have seen the handball but the linesman was in full view.

a-k-47 wrote: »
    You do realise it was a dive, the ref knew this and didnt produce a card. The ref may not have seen the handball but the linesman was in full view.

Yes i agree with you 100% but the thing is, i've seen penos given for less and if the ref was swaying in anyway in France's favour he would've given it in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ecom

Funny how the match report on Fifa.com doesnt mention the handball at all

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1136804.html#gallas+breaks+irish+hearts

Not in the least bit surprising though considering who the head of Fifa is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement