Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Match **DO NOT START OTHER MATCH THREADS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

ecom wrote: »
    Funny how the match report on Fifa.com doesnt mention the handball at all

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1136804.html#gallas+breaks+irish+hearts

Not in the least bit surprising though considering who the head of Fifa is

Well if you're talking about Platini, he's the head of Uefa, Sepp Blatter is the head of Fifa... either way they're two peas in a pod. I don't think any football fan has respect for either of them, it's such a corrupt organisation, it's sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Well I find that act by FIFA disgraceful!!:mad:

Even Henry has apologised (though he blamed it on his instincts,pride for his nation and of course the officials in letting it go.).

FIFA need to make some sort of statement too, surely they're not going to deny it happened???

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

I'm gutted for the team, that was the best performance we have got from them and they deserved more that a hand ball goal knocking them out.

But that football I suppose, bring on rugby season, at least we're good at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1136804.html#gallas+breaks+irish+hearts

I had just ctrl+c'd this from the FIFA site, was heading here to post.

I'm so so gutted, magnificent football was produced last night but in the same breath I ask why they didnt play that semi-aggressive strategy for the qualifiers. Trap looked shocked at last nights performance! Hard to be critical at the boys though.

The person I am most annoyed with is the linesman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Minnow Nordies have a laugh at our expense?

New banner on their forum I see :rolleyes:
    well at least we have darren gibson!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Ronanom

Delaney should sue Fifa for loss of potential earnings.

I'm sure it would go nowhere but it would raise a few eyebrows - especially after reading that match review off the Fifa.com site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Mask wrote: »
    Well done to the Irish lads, they did us proud.

by losing a match the french were doing their best to lose, please :rolleyes:

i hope we dont wallow in yet another "moral victory" its all this side seems to be good for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

keefg wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, they are nothing more than a commercial corporation same as Microsoft or Intel, sporting body my ar$e.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this point. :)

association football has become nothing more than glorified monopoly, are you only seeing this now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭callig

Malty_T wrote: »

Even Henry has apologised (though he blamed it on his instincts,pride for his nation and of course the officials in letting it go.).

His apology is worthless. The only place he should focus blame is on himself for being a cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Rein-in

....and from http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1136903.html#final+four+through+europe, they don't indicate what the 'moment of drama' was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Henry - instinctive reaction and almost any other player would have done the same.

Ref - good game overall

UEFA & FIFA - corrupt, but is that news?

Video ref - Should be used, even if only on a strictly limited basis where both teams get 2 or 3 calls in a match to reveiw an incident.

First time in a while I can say that I really enjoyed watching Ireland play though. And I suppose there is the consolation that we may have gone out on penalties to ease the "we was robbed" feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

The stupid jerks of supporters, hissing and whistling at their president, and all the team and then near the end waving flags.
    They're disgraceful fans alright. Hissing at the president, Domenech, the team...they're shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

So what are the headlines this morning on the daily rags?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i've just woken up, was it a bad dream or did it really happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

fryup wrote: »
    i've just woken up, was it a bad dream or did it really happen??

Algeria qualifying?, yes it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

aDeener wrote: »
    association football has become nothing more than glorified monopoly, are you only seeing this now?

Not at all but I haven't been this gutted/p1ssed off in a long time to moan about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Fupping Dirty Cheating French Backstards

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Rein-in

Hmmm, how about this?

Wonder if the FAI can appeal the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well, we laughed at England in 86

http://wathiifm.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/hand_of_god_goal-orig.jpg

maybe its karma and all that:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Gutted ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

We laughed at England in 86?

Speak for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

S.T.F.U

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dragon_lordMTB

Footballers are cheating, lying pr!cks. Accept it and move on. If we had won the same way, it would all be wink, wink, nudge nudge, cute whore and all that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Well Fifa got their wish twice this year. First with not having 2 english teams in the champions league final for 2 years in a row, and now with france going through. Was total BS last night, first of all, 2 french players were offside when the ball was crossed, and then there was henry :rolleyes:

In another note, fair play to our boys last night. Played out of their skin. Keane was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Originally Posted by fryup View Post

Thats different - that was funny AND it was against England, making it funnier

we wuz robbed - my picks for world cup 2010 are Algeria, Honduras and New zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

I knew something bad was going to happen the second McShane came on, not too angry at Henry TBH, more at the officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I was gutted at the loss last night, then I saw a video of some algerian guy throwing a stray dog off a bridge and calmed down a bit :(

Either way Ireland played an amazing game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

There is an interesting survey on lemonde.fr this morning.

http://www.lemonde.fr/sport/sondage/2009/11/19/les-bleus-meritent-ils-leur-place-a-la-coupe-du-monde_1269027_3242.html#ens_id=1245881

The question is :

Do the blues deserve their place in the world cup ?

The 2 options are :

Yes, they fought and won their place against adversity.

and

No, the Irish deserved it more, the referee saved the tricolours.

So far 88.5% agree that Ireland deserved it more.

Most French people are decent (I married one - she is currently in hiding in cave in the Burren) and know that what happened last night was a travesty.

I've read most of the comments with the surveys and nearly all express the seniment that this victory feels very hollow indeed.

The Irish players can look themselves in the mirror this morning with pride.

Can Thierry Henry do this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

dreamers75 wrote: »
    france were awesome

yer mammys awesome... she really is :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement