Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Descriptions that make you think twice about people

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

"I tell it like it is" = "I have the compassion of a rock".

Exactly, or "I tell it like it is" meaning I don't fully understand a complex multi layered problem but can come still up with a simple solution.

Someone who spouts on at every opportunity about how their new, expensive [insert gadget name here] is so indispensable.

It just hasn't made the individual anymore productive or friendly whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

More or less the same grumpy stuff that others have been giving out about here -

Influencer - Just makes me want to get sick. And they're filling up the fcking world.

People who use their self diagnosed The Bryers Miggs test results, as if that explains anything really at the end of the day. Hey, look, a lot of us have done the tests and been mildly intrigued by the results, but if you are putting it prominently in information about yourself screams to me that you're a bit gullible and definitely a bit self-absorbed, even if it might all be with the best of intentions. But maybe that's just the ENFP-A in me talking.

People who have self-aggrandising signatures at the end of their posts - it's just a bit much isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Studied at "didntgoto schol"
    or "Never went"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Man United fans

• Advertisement

topper75 wrote: »
    'Blogger'

A web logger seemingly.

You know, if the captain of the first manned mission to Mars kept a log online, I might not actually be bothered reading too much of it after the first few days.

What makes you think that an ordinary person like you could arouse such fascination that people might subscribe to your pointless musings? Get some perspective and control your ego please.

or "vegan blogger" -> heard of someone married to a "vegan blogger" - marriage didn't last very long.

pretty sure that there is a direct correlation between these two facts.

hearing "tastemaker" induces the taste of vomit in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

“Easy going,” people who say they are easy going never are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,472 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You're not "influencers", you're photogenic beggars.
    No more, no less.

You must always run that [insert productivity improvement idea] before doing anything else with it. It part of my job

(I will then push it aside and it will never be heard of ever again)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Wallet inspector...Fecker never gave me mine back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

‘Bit of a madam’ was my late mother’s shady way of calling out women on their entitled/head wrecking/spoilt behavior.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Nail 'technician''.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

killanena wrote: »
    No joke, I got handed a CV off a student last week looking for Summer work and she mentioned her veganism..

Hire her then immediately fire her

I make problems go away

You wait until problems to go away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

He's got ADD.

I haven't raised my little **** of a child to have any discipline whatsoever and have now self-diagnosed him in an effort to win sympathy and attempt to excuse my awful parenting skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Lactation Consultant

We managed to breastfeed our babies for centuries without Americans telling us what to do

(no offense to Americans in general, and I don't include La Leche League in this )

And ''Dreamer''. Does that really mean flaky and unreliable ?

Also anyone on a Babymoon, having a bridal or baby shower or gender reveal party

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Self-proclaimed male feminist = creepy weirdo looking for a sympathy ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

Lactation Consultant

We managed to breastfeed our babies for centuries without Americans telling us what to do

Basically, no. Something like breastfeeding was something passed from generation to generation. If it's not done properly, women lose the ability to produce milk. Before baby formula, the only way it could be done was from the breast. Baby formula companies went out of their way, to break this link. The reason Nestle has such a bad reputation is using marketing tricks, especially in the third world, to make mothers dependent on baby formula, by stopping them from doing the things needed to keep them being able to naturally produce milk.

And ''Dreamer''. Does that really mean flaky and unreliable ?

When it comes from some eye-rolling culchie, who lives in a dream world of ignorance is strength, and their urban cousins, who also live in dream worlds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tiana Scone

Happy go lucky=simple.
    Pythagoras never taught me that #experience

I always know how this sort of situation I deal with always turns out like this

The fvckup you make is always somehow somebody else's fault and never yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

:eek:

I feel so dirty!

Do men really do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Anyone who defines themselves on their social media as an "activist", "atheist" or, in the case of men at least, "feminist".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Yeuchhh they're out the I know of a few of those types.

Some guys will even go vegan for a chance of purple haired Sally giving them attention.

Any guy who describes themselves as a feminist, needs a good kick down a hole and grow a pair.

I know the type, usually has a weird name like Fiacra or Oisine.... And never put up an honest stamp in their lives...

Numpties....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

nthclare wrote: »
    Yeuchhh they're out the I know of a few of those types.

Some guys will even go vegan for a chance of purple haired Sally giving them attention.

Any guy who describes themselves as a feminist, needs a good kick down a hole and grow a pair.

I know the type, usually has a weird name like Fiacra or Oisine.... And never put up an honest stamp in their lives...

Numpties....

uuummm.....

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

branie2 wrote: »
    People who don't like kids

Kids in general or just yours?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Posting their meals up on FB...wtf??
    Posting "pearls of wisdom" up all the time of FB too.
    Boasti.. sorry, posting about their expensive holidays, their little precious brats, their very fascinating life that they feel the need to share every aspect of it...

...total bang of insecurity.

Also having 500+ FB "friends"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

JupiterKid wrote:
    Posting their meals up on FB...wtf?? Posting "pearls of wisdom" up all the time of FB too. Boasti.. sorry, posting about their expensive holidays, their little precious brats, their very fascinating life that they feel the need to share every aspect of it...

Facebook really is a weird phenomenon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The more inspirational quotes someone posts , the further they are from the attitude the quotes encourage . If they post about meditation or Rumi, they're probably a highly strung head-melter. Maybe they know it though and they're just trying to encourage themselves to improve.

MJD Would you re-read my comment where I exempted LLL ? They don't charge and can help mothers who hit snags. But I feel it's over complicated and medicalised by some . Also lactation consultants don't work in the third world.

My grandfather was an early pioneer this skill / profession and this is a major reason I have now embarked on my own career in it.

..You spend actually spend more time boasting about this fact than you do actually talking about the subject matter itself. In a competition thread every January. At least one poster makes this point. 😒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Kids in general or just yours?

Kids in general

Advertisement