Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Descriptions that make you think twice about people

Options
123457»

Comments

When somebody says about they do,

It's not what ye know, it's who ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Frigid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

''sex positive '' is a bit odd. What are you trying to tell me?

Frigid.

As a description of another person it's unacceptable . At secondary school , girls were called frigid , or else ''slappers''.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

''sex positive '' is a bit odd. What are you trying to tell me?

Like this lady?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Like this lady?

I’d hate to have to listen to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I see nothing wrong with founder or entrepreneur.. am I in the minority? If you founded a company I see nothing wrong with saying "Founded Company X in 2019". I also see nothing wrong with describing yourself as Entrepreneur if you've started a thriving business. What's the problem?

For the record I am not an entrepreneur or a founder of anything. I just genuinely don't see a problem with those two.

--

To contribute to the thread.. if somebody described themselves by their religious beliefs I'd judge them for it. I don't care what religion you follow, if you mention religion in your bio I'll automatically assume you're a knob. I also think veganism is a religion.

Anyone who refers to themselves as cis. I don't know if that makes me seem intolerant but I really hate labels. Be a man, be a woman, be a unicorn, it's all good. But cis? No. Go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Abba987

Doula

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Activist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

People who make a thing of being gay or trans or LGBTQI+£$"%!*&.

Big whoop, just don't frighten the horses or say you're a vegan and no-one will notice a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭worded

"I'm a vegetarian. I just eat fish and chicken and occasionally red meat."

She is a vegetarian but at night would sneak down to the fridge and suck the blood out of a steak in the fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Danger781 wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with founder or entrepreneur.. am I in the minority? If you founded a company I see nothing wrong with saying "Founded Company X in 2019". I also see nothing wrong with describing yourself as Entrepreneur if you've started a thriving business. What's the problem?

For the record I am not an entrepreneur or a founder of anything. I just genuinely don't see a problem with those two.

--

To contribute to the thread.. if somebody described themselves by their religious beliefs I'd judge them for it. I don't care what religion you follow, if you mention religion in your bio I'll automatically assume you're a knob. I also think veganism is a religion.

i agree there is nothing wrong with someone who describes themselves as an Entrepreneur but your business doesn't have to be thriving to call yourself an Entrepreneur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Anyone who refers to themselves as cis. I don't know if that makes me seem intolerant but I really hate labels. Be a man, be a woman, be a unicorn, it's all good. But cis? No. Go away.

It might be a neologism, but I don't see it as being any different to people referring to themselves as 'straight'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

Businessman.... A businessman could be anything...Biggest bluff of a job title ever.

Like this lady?

I know of her. No comment ;) but she's right about the old pre-euro Irish coins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Arghus wrote: »

People who use their self diagnosed The Bryers Miggs test results, as if that explains anything really at the end of the day. Hey, look, a lot of us have done the tests and been mildly intrigued by the results, but if you are putting it prominently in information about yourself screams to me that you're a bit gullible and definitely a bit self-absorbed, even if it might all be with the best of intentions. But maybe that's just the ENFP-A in me talking.

Ahhh self absorbed, that was the word I was looking for. I know someone who shoehorns in ''As an INTJ...'' into almost every debate. Meh. Feck off. Just feck right off. (Us INFJs are a lot more classy than that ;) )

If it hasn't been said before....''A Creative''. Shag off like, and try and stay inside the lines next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Anyone who says "You know me.....I'm a bit mad"

Usually means they're just a w4nk3r!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

"Dyed-in-the-wool"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Semi-professional golfer.

• Advertisement

"I don't really mean it when I say that about myself"

Advertisement