Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster vs Munster - The buildup for the ages!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Erik Shun wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish

What exactly is rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

salmocab wrote:
    I doubt many will argue this with you

Saracens are the champs. Better than any Irish side. And I don't know much about rugby. Beat both Irish sides.

Am I wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What exactly is rubbish?

Your post

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Your post

Excellent contribution

• Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My work mate brought their 4 month old to a game in the RDS a few weeks ago with the kiddie headphones on the baby and they had a great time.

Staff were so kind and conscious of the baby. I'd fully endorse bringing any baby or child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

bobbyss wrote: »
    Saracens are the champs. Better than any Irish side. And I don't know much about rugby. Beat both Irish sides.

Am I wrong?

Saracens are the champions of the European Cup. This is a different competition.

It’d be like saying they shouldn’t bother playing the FA Cup final because neither team are in the Champions League in soccer. Except slightly dafter because this is the primary domestic competition for Leinster and Munster

Am I wrong?

NZ won the WC, better than any other side in the World...

So should ever other team in every other competition just stop playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Am I wrong?

Saracens are the champions of the European Cup. This is a different competition.

It’d be like saying they shouldn’t bother playing the FA Cup final because neither team are in the Champions League in soccer. Except slightly dafter because this is the primary domestic competition for Leinster and Munster

Just on this. Squidge uploaded his video on the final and he's absolutely right that if that game was repeated this weekend, you still wouldn't know who to pick to win it. They're so evenly matched.

In ten years time we might be looking back at this as the golden age of several Saracens/Leinster finals in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

troyzer wrote: »

In ten years time we might be looking back at this as the golden age of several Saracens/Leinster finals in a row.

Nah no thanks.

Nah no thanks.

I think it's pretty obvious that those two teams are heads and shoulders above all other teams.

Obviously I'm biased as a Leinster fan and teams do change but it would likely reflect the best two teams in the final for the foreseeable future if it were to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

This is one of the strangest build up threads I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Am I wrong?

Yes Saracens are better than both Leinster and Munster currently that’s how sports work, what exactly do you think should happen now? Should other competitions not featuring Saracens not finish up? The French league maybe or possibly super rugby is wasting its time?

You don’t need to reiterate your point about not knowing much about rugby nobody here needs that prompt from you.

I think it's pretty obvious that those two teams are heads and shoulders above all other teams.

Obviously I'm biased as a Leinster fan and teams do change but it would likely reflect the best two teams in the final for the foreseeable future if it were to happen.

Obviously having watched the final it would seem Saracens are considerably better than Leinster as well.

Also I disagree with your other comment, if they played again this weekend Saracens would beat ye again. That's how good they are at the minute. And i'm not being petty that's how I see it, just as they would beat Munster also. 20 unanswered points is very dominant but fair is fair Leinster did pull away from Sararcens at times in the 1st half.

So you can try to lump yourselves in with Saracens as much as you want but they beat you very convincingly in the end. Lets be honest here.

Obviously having watched the final it would seem Saracens are considerably better than Leinster as well.

Also I disagree with your other comment, if they played again this weekend Saracens would beat ye again. That's how good they are at the minute. And i'm not being petty that's how I see it, just as they would beat Munster also. 20 unanswered points is very dominant but fair is fair Leinster did pull away from Sararcens at times in the 1st half.

So you can try to lump yourselves in with Saracens as much as you want but they beat you very convincingly in the end. Lets be honest here.

I would strongly disagree that Saracens are considerably better. Leinster made a handful of unforced errors that would have completely changed the game. Saracens were more clinical and deserved the win. They were the better team.

A repeat next week and I wouldn't be surprised if Leinster came out on top.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think you might be only remembering the last 20 minutes when Saracens did start to pull away. It was a contest for the first 60 and Leinster were on top as often as not.

I would strongly disagree that Saracens are considerably better. Leinster made a handful of unforced errors that would have completely changed the game. Saracens were more clinical and deserved the win. They were the better team.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think you might be only remembering the last 20 minutes when Saracens did start to pull away. It was a contest for the first 60 and Leinster were on top as often as not.

We could go back down the Leinster v Saracens match thread but I think it is still the same different groups of fans. Group A and Group B.

I think we are better off leaving it in the other thread

I think you're being a true biased fan which is fair enough (we all are a bit) and yes I think Leinster were just that little bit better in the first half but after that Saracens just looked dangerous with ball in hand and their scrum was unreal good. They surged and overwhelmed Leinster very convincingly.

I guess what i'm saying is Saracens are head and shoulders above all other teams this year. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

In a shocking turn of events, the european champions are the best team in europe this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

The game has a dead rubber feel to it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I think some on here are not willing to see the dominance Sarries had during that game, keeping it to 10 points was good going by Leinster, had Sarries gotten another try it would have been more reflective of how it went. They were 15-20 points better than Leinster.

Anyway, looking forward to the game on Saturday, first trip to the horseyhouse in a few seasons for me, have been polishing up the accent all week to make it palatable for the locals

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭durthacht

Full moon this weekend. A Leinster-Munster match coinciding with that was always asking for trouble. :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

Have you gone to games before or this your first game?

I wouldn't advise a young child going to game. A 3 year will want to walk around and the noise will be too much for them....A rugby match is not really a place for young children

Especially one on a Saturday afternoon with the pints flowing from early

so you can't bring a kid to a game because everyone is locked ? very sad post

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

durthacht wrote: »
    Full moon this weekend. A Leinster-Munster match coinciding with that was always asking for trouble. :)

I thought the full moon was already on display last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

leakyboots wrote: »
    I think some on here are not willing to see the dominance Sarries had during that game, keeping it to 10 points was good going by Leinster, had Sarries gotten another try it would have been more reflective of how it went. They were 15-20 points better than Leinster.

Anyway, looking forward to the game on Saturday, first trip to the horseyhouse in a few seasons for me, have been polishing up the accent all week to make it palatable for the locals

Interestingly Ronan O'Gara was on the radio there midweek and he said the exact opposite of this. Said Leinster were good enough to win it and people are overstating Sarries' dominance in the game

Who said everyone was locked?

Who said everyone was locked?

It's not that you can't bring a young child to the match. Why would you want to?

It'll be very loud and there will be lots of extremely passhunate fans, many of them with a few beers on the belly. It's fundamentally not an enjoyable experience for young children who will get bored or distressed or both.

Even older kids can be difficult to manage. They get bored and wander off. You'll often see a gang of kids punting the ball around behind the South stand or in the pens during the match. Which is fine but you can't let young kids wander off like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

The final was pretty even until the final 20. In fact Leinster could have been 14 points ahead going into that period had they kept their heads better. Saracens had the edge up front and that told the difference in the end. I understand trying to paint it as Leinster and Munster losing the same way. But that's simply not the case. It's easier to accept the loss when you see your great rivals losing to the same team in a final.

It's not that you can't bring a young child to the match. Why would you want to?

It'll be very loud and there will be lots of extremely passhunate fans, many of them with a few beers on the belly. It's fundamentally not an enjoyable experience for young children who will get bored or distressed or both.

Even older kids can be difficult to manage. They get bored and wander off. You'll often see a gang of kids punting the ball around behind the South stand or in the pens during the match. Which is fine but you can't let young kids wander off like that.

You talking to much sense

I have a 2,4 and 6 year old. I would never even entertain the idea of bringing them to a match. After 5 mins they would be bored and trying to run up and down the stand. Not hugely safe with people walking around.....

Not hugely fair on the rest of the public trying to watch a game and a 3 year old running around your feet....expect them also to spend entire match kicking the seat in front of them out of pure boredom

It is not fair on them.....first and foremost......but also it is not fair on other fans trying to go out and enjoy the game......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

You talking to much sense

Not hugely fair on the rest of the public trying to watch a game and a 3 year old running around your feet....expect them also to spend entire match kicking the seat in front of them out of pure boredom

It is not fair on them.....first and foremost......but also it is not fair on other fans trying to go out and enjoy the game......

True foor the RDS all right.
    They would be fine at the likes of Thomond though, where running up and down tge empty rows wont disturb anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Spot the people who don't have kids.

There isn't some sort of basic standard child that adheres to all the same expectations and behaviours. Some small kids will be bored or upset. Loads absolutely love the whole event, the crowds, Leo, the lights etc. I wouldn't advocate taking them in the depths of winter but a match in the RDS can be a great family day out if you get there for the build up, bit of food etc.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Spot the people who don't have kids.

There isn't some sort of basic standard child that adheres to all the same expectations and behaviours. Some small kids will be bored or upset. Loads absolutely love the whole event, the crowds, Leo, the lights etc. I wouldn't advocate taking them in the depths of winter but a match in the RDS can be a great family day out if you get there for the build up, bit of food etc.

It is how quick they get bored, 5 mins after kick off they would be asking how long left. It would be a nightmare

Even my 4 year old, if I am watching on tv he will come up and say he is watching rugby with Daddy, oh he will sit their....for 3-4 mins then he see something shiny and off....

RDS has loads of shiny things, loads of them. :p

Now I have brought my 12 year old cousin quite a number of times till he was 17 and that was perfect, he really enjoyed it and getting so close to the players.....

Advertisement