Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2019 - Round 3 – China

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,960 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Double stack pit stops? Mercedes just showing off there. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Mercedes are just so good operationally, no fuss about that. Made the decision to cover off the Ferrari, double stacked pit and job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,629 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Leclerc made a wee bit of a mistake there in his pit stop. Might have cost him a second or two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

Every time I see an onboard of the Alpha I think it's got those eye lashes you see some cars driving around with!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Gasly going for fastest lap

And he gets it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,623 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

That was a bit of a let down.

Positives for me were a good race from Perez, made up places and brought home some points. Great race from Albon, from the pitlane to the points. Delighted he got driver of the day, he had my vote.

Was an easy win in the end for Hamilton he did everything right.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This season isn’t shaping up too welll at all :(

I think I will give the rest of it a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭flazio

2011 wrote: »
    This season isn’t shaping up too welll at all :(

I think I will give the rest of it a miss

I'm half with you. I'll keep an eye on Channel 4's coverage but I won't be buying any Now TV passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,045 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I wonder was it just the cooler temperature didn't suit Ferrari, pity Bottas couldn't get more from the race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

That was a bit meh. Next up is the destruction derby in Baku, that should liven things up a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Leclerc has been invited for a post race consolation beer by Raikkonen and Massa at Rubens Barrichello's house

• Registered Users Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I thought Kvyat's drive through was harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Harika wrote: »
    Leclerc has been invited for a post race consolation beer by Raikkonen and Massa at Rubens Barrichello's house

Eddie Irvine’s on his way also!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Gasly robbing the fastest lap at the end

weekaizer wrote: »
    Eddie Irvine’s on his way also!

Mika Salo and Norberto Fontana might join in by conference call

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The double stack stop by Merc was class. They're just so far ahead on all fronts. Ferrari with another ****show.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭Inviere

Brilliant :D

Did Gasly pip it from Vettel or not. I wasnt watching the graphic at the end but Crofty said Gasly took fastest lap from Bottas so had Bottas already beat Vettel?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Did Gasly pip it from Vettel or not. I wasnt watching the graphic at the end but Crofty said Gasly took fastest lap from Bottas so had Bottas already beat Vettel?

Crofty just mixed vettel and bottas up.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »

Yes Gasly got it

Crofty just mixed vettel and bottas up.

I was thinking this most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Just a quick question: who is Joe Vinassi? Crofty kept saying this through the race.

*tongue in cheek comment from me.

On a serious note, that Crofty lad needs to stop the errors and over-excitement. Quickly jumping to conclusions with no facts. And it's horrible to see Brundle bring drawn in to this style of commentating.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Imagine Ferrari tryna pull this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Raikkonen simply too slow and lacking aggression, yet again. Should have passed Perez easily.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Raikkonen simply too slow and lacking aggression, yet again. Should have passed Perez easily.

Its actually called tyre management. Would have been stupid to shred them and have to pit.

pjohnson wrote:
    Its actually called tyre management. Would have been stupid to shred them and have to pit.

Perez had pitted earlier so had older tyres - both on mediums.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Mercedes double stacked pit stop today was a brilliant move to go for the 1,2 finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,306 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

David Coulthard will not doing Baku with Channel 4 this time. It will be Eddie Jordan taking over the analyst reins with Steve Jones for that race.

• Advertisement

David Coulthard will not doing Baku with Channel 4 this time. It will be Eddie Jordan taking over the analyst reins with Steve Jones for that race.

Ted Kravitz was back doing pit lane reporting on Sky. He seems to have earned a reprieve.

Advertisement