Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

They seem to have all over the Ira for years now.

I agree with this, as long as I can remember the gardai well the top brass anyway have had a hard on for Republicans and now that Drew Harris is in charge I'd expect it to be ramped up even more so, i Dont really see the same with the more common criminals though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

.Charlo wrote: »
    I agree with this, as long as I can remember the gardai well the top brass anyway have had a hard on for Republicans and now that Drew Harris is in charge I'd expect it to be ramped up even more so, i Dont really see the same with the more common criminals though.

See the guys locked up this week as part of a ra interrogation unit? They were taxiing in guys to a house in Castleknock to find a snitch... But the Gardaí had full audio recordings of the whole thing :)

Probably something to do with the fact that common crims tend to provide information to save their own skins and are more useful than tight lipped shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,855 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

IvoryTower wrote: »
    im gonna go with it being a copper on the wum and i have absolutely nothing to back that up

Totally agree, it has to be someone involved in gathering intelligence for the Gardai.

He knows way too much inner circle stuff for it to be a rival gang member and he can't be hacked or traced by one of the richest drug gangs in the world that he is a thorn in the side of.

No way there is an ordinary Joe Soap behind that account.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Probably something to do with the fact that common crims tend to provide information to save their own skins and are more useful than tight lipped shinners.

I dont know about shinners being tightlipped, a fair few ra heads were turned fairly easily in their heyday.

• Advertisement

The car was bought from a motor dealer on the southside and we are aware of the person who purchased it but we are looking at its use from the period of time since May 20.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-meeting-owner-car-used-16348238.amp?

See the guys locked up this week as part of a ra interrogation unit? They were taxiing in guys to a house in Castleknock to find a snitch... But the Gardaí had full audio recordings of the whole thing :)

Only hearing of this now, that fellas very lucky to only be getting 3 years. The usually throw the book at the IRA lads.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/ira-man-secretly-recorded-assisting-in-interrogations-is-jailed-1.3905747%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Voltex wrote: »
    Lots of Gardai and ASU heading towards James's Street area right now!

Probably to do with the stabbing.
    Some bloke was stabbed in town today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

There are republicans jailed regularly enough, the Special Criminal Court is filled with them. Christy Burkes grandson got 7 years on Monday for explosives. And Christy himself was re elected to Dublin city council Sunday

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4144560/ex-lord-mayor-of-dublin-christy-burkes-grandson-and-pal-jailed-for-14-years-after-being-found-with-tnt-and-hand-grenade/

A major gangland criminals tiger kidnapping trial collapsed last year after shenanigans with the jury. Someone decided he didn't need to be tried in the non jury specials court. And the jury collapses his trial. Funny the luck some people get :)

• Advertisement

There are republicans jailed regularly enough, the Special Criminal Court is filled with them. Christy Burkes grandson got 7 years on Monday for explosives. And Christy himself was re elected to Dublin city council Sunday

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4144560/ex-lord-mayor-of-dublin-christy-burkes-grandson-and-pal-jailed-for-14-years-after-being-found-with-tnt-and-hand-grenade/

That's the second of his grandsons to be jailed. One got 5 years back in 2013 for possession of a handgun.

A major gangland criminals tiger kidnapping trial collapsed last year after shenanigans with the jury. Someone decided he didn't need to be tried in the non jury specials court. And the jury collapses his trial. Funny the luck some people get :)

Is Mr.Big going on trial again for that or what's the story with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Friends with benefits doesn't just mean sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Christy was a barstool republican in his drinking days. A bit like Brendan Behan except he didn’t write books. He was never entrusted with doing anything except maybe selling AnPhoblacht in pubs on a Saturday night.

Christy was a barstool republican in his drinking days. A bit like Brendan Behan except he didn’t write books. He was never entrusted with doing anything except maybe selling AnPhoblacht in pubs on a Saturday night.
    Christy seems a sound enough fella and a decent councillor. He nearly got in the Dail a few years ago

He certainly wasnt important enough to warrant a seat on the helicopter ride out of the joy anyway.

Is Mr.Big going on trial again for that or what's the story with it?
    I heard he's going on trial again next month but can't confirm. Theres nothing in the media about a retrial, should know in a few weeks either way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

what heroics did you do to warrant the moniker "readdanbreen" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Scoundrel wrote: »
    What a lunatic i assume its the sniff that's destroyed his nose as well?

No that looks like its been punched.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Christy was far from a Barstool. He was the Laighin Executive of the provos, which is the command of Leinster. Good try though.

Mod-Banned Reason-Ignoring thread ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

No that looks like its been punched.

I believe a combination of being shot in the face, a chonck addiction and christ knows what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Tenner bets someone in either Finglas or blanch is shot whilst the Gardai cower around silver spoon Leo in coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Wasn't there talk that George Mitchell and Robbie Murphy were behind the whistleblower account on Twitter?
    They would have switched allegiance from Kinahan to Hutch a number of years ago...

And what the hell is with that kinahan passport account...the one always raving about Vicky Dempsey?Bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,310 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Whoever gave that scumbag that was shot the other night asylum should be fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Whoever gave that scumbag that was shot the other night asylum should be fired.

Not much discussion about that issue in the media today

RTE news showed footage of that Iranian strolling around at another crime scene, never mentioned when or where. Anyone else see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

RTE news showed footage of that Iranian strolling around at another crime scene, never mentioned when or where. Anyone else see that?

Wasn’t it not taken at Sean Littles crime scene?

Wasn’t it not taken at Sean Littles crime scene?

I wasnt sure but it must of been, what was he at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

That was in Walshestown, after the Sean Little murder.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement