Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Was that Enzo jumped the rail at the end? Bully Ray legged it down

ROH have fallen so far in my estimation the last 3 hours. When you don't have much depth in talent you don't book them as bad as they have tonight on their biggest ever stage.
    Going to bed after this match. Just f**ked tired & I don't have PCO level recovery.

That was so good. I now must go to bed as if I don't I feel one day I'll tell a doctor that I stayed up until 4 am to watch a Matt Taven match & then will be diagnosed with severe depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The new japan side of things were great emm roh Jesus it was rough for the most part they won’t last long of new japan decides to go with aew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Was gone after Ibushi/Naito myself. What a match, they're unbelievable, that rana off the apron was so slick.

The ROH side of things was so rough, the ladder match was ok but went way too long. The Bully brawl was just meh, should have given more time to the Juniors 3 way.

That was great, so was Ospreay VS Cobb, ZSJ VS Tanahashi and the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Have WWE and AEW taken so much of the talent that they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for who to sign? Why Enzo and Cass?
    Signing Velvet isn't a bad thing though. :)

• Advertisement

ROH have still some decent talent but my god their booking was horrific.
    You have Gresham, Cobb, Rush, Bandido, Lethal, Scurll & Gordon the latter 2 will both be leaving as soon as their contracts are up. Then you have Castle, the Briscoes, Brody King and PCO who are capable but after that its slim pickings.
    I read on twitter that mgmt pushed for Enzo/Cass to debut against the creative teams wishes; also that wan with the Beautiful People is Delirious (the booker) girlfriend, Velvet Sky is Bully's wan too.
    Now we're past the MSG show I imagine New Japan will be looking at their agreement closer. I think they like Cobb & want Flip, Bandido for the BOSJ in the summer. But I'm sure they know who and what the fans were into last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Good show.
    Great to see muta there too.

Ibushi vs ZSJ was great, they're so easy to watch. Looks like Naito up next...again :p Can't complain though, will be another banger.

https://www.njpw1972.com/48629

Lineup announced for Best of the Super Juniors. Shingo, Bandido, Dragon Lee, Ishimori, Scurll, Ospreay, Flip, Gresham, Sho & Yoh among others. Lovely.

Mysterious X is likely Phantismo who was already announced as coming a month ago.
    Would love if it were Fenix but it won't be.
    Too soon for Hiromu imo

• Advertisement

Moar teasers....I'm guessing Chris Brookes. I was right with Shingo so I hope I'm correct again

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

I'm not a big fan of Brookes but maybe I just haven't seen the right matches

brookes i always felt is a great tag team wrestler but doesnt do much for me as a singles guy

That IWGP Heavyweight title match was fantastic. Very good card this morning. Haven't finished yesterday's one yet

Good main event, I thought Okada was going to pass out from Skull End at one stage. Jericho up next should be interesting. Ishii/Evil and Dragon Lee/Ishimori were great too, and nice debut for ELP. Wasn't expecting Cobb to lose already.

thought that sanada/okada match was boring was just one of the overly long new japan main events (happens everywhere now though) that happen too much. why cant more main events just be around 20 mins

interesting mix for BOSJ with a few new names in there

Some crackers in the BOSJ, should be good. Particularly looking forward to seeing Shingo vs Sho, Shingo vs Ishimori, Shingo vs Dragon, Gresham vs Titan and Bandido vs ELP. Block A is stacked.

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1125764751135522817?s=19

Expected this at Dominion tbh.
    Wonder who they'll wrestle on that show. Poor Tanahashi should have had a longer break he has a really rough looking scar now too. His sleeve will cover it I imagine.

https://twitter.com/AHROOMEE/status/1124880190390202368?s=19

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2019/05/09/njpw-best-of-the-super-juniors-26-all-in-one-preview-schedule/

Excellent preview for BOSJ there, the opening night has a few gems on the card, Shingo vs SHO :D

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1126759731492560897?s=19

Narita should be interesting. Never even heard of DOUKI before. Shame they hadn't better replacements if I'm honest.
    Surprised Flip Gordon had visa issues tho. Someone clearly f**ked up.

That sucks about Flip, what happened to Desperado? Injured?

Big chance for Ren Narita, he's probably the standout young lion with Umino. Never heard of the other guy either.

That sucks about Flip, what happened to Desperado? Injured?

Desperado broke his jaw a few days ago at a TakaTaichi Mania 2 show.....it's a shame they don't work with any other major Japanese promotions. Probably way too late to get someone from overseas.

LOVE this Megaman style art for the BOSJ

D6Q0aIXWsAAeClR?format=png&name=small

D6Q1i-iW0AASiTw?format=png&name=small

Very solid start to the tournament. Shingo vs Sho was exactly what I was hoping for, MOTY contender for me so far. Dragon Lee and Ishimori were as good as ever, nice little showing for Gresham too.

SHO has been the star performer so far, two great matches against Shingo and Dragon Lee.

So far behind, still on night one. Thrones is over so I'm moving onto binging the best matches of this. Have Sho vs Shingo to watch now after watching the Gresham vs Scurll one last night.

Really enjoying it so far, been some great matches already. Ospreay vs Romero was really good, Rocky rolling back the years. Some belters coming up this week, Shingo vs Dragon, Ospreay vs Phantasmo and Ospreay vs Bandido should be sweet.

The last 2 days of shows at Korakuen Hall have been outstanding, especially in pacing. Not sure tomorrow's card will match them on paper.

• Advertisement

Yeh the cards in Korakeun with all tournament matches are great, can't remember them doing it last year. Robbie Eagles has been flying under the radar so far, the match with Taguchi was really good.

Advertisement