Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ZSJ does it again, wasn't expecting that!

Not often a result annoys me but that really did; imo Ibushi is who fans want to see get a shot miles ahead of Okada or Tanahashi. Like Naito a year ago it was the time now to pull the trigger on him but I was confident that they wouldn't.
    Looks like they are building Zack strong just for Okada to beat....like last year.
    :rolleyes:

Very small thing but did Henare have to do the job this morning?
    Would have been a nice touch to see him get a win or at least not be pinned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

It seems way too early to go back to Okada/White if that's they way they're going to go. Would prefer to see Ishii or Sanada get the shot instead, just for something a bit different, still plenty of time to tell the Okada redemption story.

Okada/Ospreay built nicely to the finish, Ishii/Hashi was pretty good too. Have a feeling that it will be Okada/ZSJ in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly feel white got the role of transitional champ just so Okada can get it back

No surprise with the winner really, thought Okada/Ishii in the semis was the match of the tournament.

Ibushi/Naito and ZSJ/Tanahashi confirmed for the G1 Supercard, the Briscoes and Evil & Sanada added to the tag titles match too.

No surprise with the winner really, thought Okada/Ishii in the semis was the match of the tournament.

Okada is so good. As a champion last year he was so much better than his contemporaries it was embarassing.
    Juice/Chase tho. Might be up there for my worst NJPW match in 2019 at the end of the year, hated the layout of it with a passion. Like they threw every bad trope in western wrestling at once.
    Very good New Japan Cup overall. It's crazy how the company produces so many good matches. The last 5 years has been incredible and I think it doesn't get said enough. People come and go but others step up, the booking could be better at times but it's nearly always a great watch. So rare that a big, anticipated match doesn't deliver either.
    I don't stay up for UFC or WWE events much anymore but I'm going to try stay up for the MSG show; I hope I don't fall asleep during the ROH title match.

• Advertisement

honest to god dont know why Tavern is in that match when lethal/marty is the clear way to go but i feel he might win it as im guessing marty joins his buddies in AEW when his contract up.

sky88 wrote:
    honest to god dont know why Tavern is in that match when lethal/marty is the clear way to go but i feel he might win it as im guessing marty joins his buddies in AEW when his contract up.

It's Taven. I can't think about him without thinking of him squeezing Tanahashi's nipples to try get heat in Korakuen Hall.
    Scurll & Flip Gordon will definetly leave when they can.
    Still I'm glad Cobb is on the card but Jonathan Gresham should have been on that card too.

ERG89 wrote: »
    It's Taven. I can't think about him without thinking of him squeezing Tanahashi's nipples to try get heat in Korakuen Hall.
    Scurll & Flip Gordon will definetly leave when they can.
    Still I'm glad Cobb is on the card but Jonathan Gresham should have been on that card too.

Gresham should be on the card, as should Ishii and Minoru Suzuki! Hoping they might get added or answer Bully Ray, but think that might be Flip! They should make the honor rumble at least!

Gresham should be on the card, as should Ishii and Minoru Suzuki! Hoping they might get added or answer Bully Ray, but think that might be Flip! They should make the honor rumble at least!

Juice being the guy to answer the callout is so underwhelming but other than Bloodsport this is the only card I'm watching this weekend.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed Bloodsport, the main event and Gresham vs Takeda were great. Cannot wait for this!

Great pop for Liger!

Who did Gresham piss off?
    Considering it's his only appearance at MSG if have loved Liger vs Gresham.
    Rotten ending to that Rumble, barely anybody cared about any of the ROH talent.

Yeh some difference in the pops between the NJPW and ROH guys alright. Was not expecting that ending.

Yeh some difference in the pops between the NJPW and ROH guys alright. Was not expecting that ending.

Only Gresham & Williams look like they could be something.
    Their undercard is quite bad now. Other than Cabana nobody else got a pop, the likes of Bruiser, Milonis, Delirious or Cheeseburger ain't stars & honestly TK O'Yawn & Vinny Whatever are never going to be either.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Kind of wish I skipped that rumble and caught up on some indie stuff from the weekend but at least I'm in now anyway

Cobb is a beast!

Great opener but no Taichi appearance
    :(

Well I still haven't seen if Rush is any good

Baffled by some of the ROH booking. Rush looked strong but surely for their biggest recent signing you'd want to do more.

• Advertisement

Who's going to replace Juice?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Suzuki I imagine.

At this rate it could be Vince Russo since it is New York. This sh!t is taking way too long.

You know how sometimes you watch wrestling and think thank god your friends can't see. I wasn't expecting this to be that kind of show

Fantastic triple threat which would have been even better with another couple of minutes.
    That & the NEVER match are the only ones worth watching which is no surprise as the ROH stuff has been booked incredibly poor.

That was brilliant, the show needed it. Dragon Lee and Hiromu will be great if he's back soon!

PCO is a lunatic :D

PCO sitting up after the big powerbomb to the floor fired me the f up

Was that Enzo jumped the rail at the end? Bully Ray legged it down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was that Enzo jumped the rail at the end? Bully Ray legged it down

Was him and Cass.

Advertisement