Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I love both Blocks but it would have been perfect if the King was there, hopefully he gets in somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

A Block by itself is just incredible, I feel like almost every match has the potential to be match of the whole G1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thank fcuk Yoshi Hashi didn't get ZSJ's G1 spot anyway, was always highly unlikely but you never know.

Just catching up but that Ospreay vs Eagles match was absolutely fantastic. Glad to see Eagles get out of BC, have been enjoying the storyline between him and ELP. Nearly G1 time now :D

• Advertisement

Just catching up but that Ospreay vs Eagles match was absolutely fantastic. Glad to see Eagles get out of BC, have been enjoying the storyline between him and ELP. Nearly G1 time now :D

https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1145966497719824384?s=19

It's still not on New Japan World right now & they dont seem to know when it will be. Part of me wonders if its cause the feed cut during the Rocky vs ELP match.

G1 press conference starts at 6 pm

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/1147135546550116352

Looking forward to ELP/Rocky & Ospreay/Eagles....after I finish the last 3 episodes of season 3 of Stranger Things.

Ospreay is so far ahead of the rest this year. If he has a good match with Fale I'd give him the keys to no.10

Great start to the G1, good to see KENTA looking almost back to his old self. Ospreay/Archer and Sanada/ZSJ were great matches, was delighted to see Tanahashi deliver with Okada in the main, fantastic performance from both. And can't wait for Cobb/Ishii, will be brutal.

The only complaint about last night was how bad it was shot. They drew maybe 5k tops in an arena that can hold 16k easily & some of the angles of the live broadcast were very unflattering.

In the ring the show was a very good watch. Ospreay gave Archer the best match of his career, the Spanish Fly in particular looked incredible. SANADA vs Zack was great too, would love to see these 2 still alive towards the end & picking up a few key wins.
    KENTA got better as the match went on which I'm not sure was intentional or not. Hopefully Ibushi's ankle is ok. At least he has a week to rest it. Was worried Ibushi would allow KENTA smash him with the Go 2 Sleep.

Fale vs EVIL was what it was, not anything great but better than I expected in a way. Tanahashi & Okada can't have a bad match together. Tana bringing back the High Fly Flow was cool to see. Made sense who won it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

ERG89 wrote: »
    The only complaint about last night was how bad it was shot. They drew maybe 5k tops in an arena that can hold 16k easily & some of the angles of the live broadcast were very unflattering.

Do you mean the shots during the ad breaks? If so that was only on NJPW World not the actual broadcast. They run the same in Tokyo Dome, a quarter of it is closed off to fit the staging, which is quite noticeable when you’re there but you don’t see at all on the broadcast (and no ad breaks eith long shots there because it’s not live on AXS).

Great match there between Juice and Shingo, can't beat some Saturday morning G1 action.

I think I could write a thesis on my bemusement of Naito's last 18 months

Was thinking they might go with Goto getting the upset in the main, wasn't expecting that.

Ishii/Cobb was absolutely brutal, in the best way. Ishii is a lunatic, countering the forearms with his head :D

Goto absolutely needs this win but I'm confident they'll book him to look bad.

Ospreay killing it again, brilliant match with Sanada. KENTA and Tanahashi was so good, cocky KENTA is great, and ZSJ is just too smooth to watch, top class. EVIL/Ibushi was really good as well, great start to the G1.

Another match of the year contender from Ospreay, that was epic, him and Ibushi are some combination in the ring. Mox and Shooter are great too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Go out of your way to see Ishii vs Moxley from earlier. It's just incredible.

It was excellent, Moxley has been great in the tournament and flying Ishii through the table might just be the G1 highlight so far :D

Loved Yano pieing off Switchblade and good to see Naito get off the mark too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I fcuking love NJPW

This G1 already has been incredible

What a match!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ospreay vs Okada WOW.

Moxley is having a great showing really enjoyed his match with Ishii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Ospreay vs Okada WOW.

Moxley is having a great showing really enjoyed his match with Ishii

Ospreay is on a sensational run of matches

Last 3 nights in Korakuen Hall were such an easy watch. Ospreay & Ishii are both trying to outshine one another. Archer has been a pleasant surprise. I do kinda wish DH Smith was still around & there instead of Fale who & has been (predictably) the turkey who lays an egg most nights.
    Ibushi, SANADA, Tanahashi, EVIL, Taichi & KENTA have impressed so far too. Hope to see more from Cobb, Goto, White & Juice too.

I feel a little mixed on how Okada is being booked. He's beaten ZSJ & Ospreay clean so many times now in the last 18 months it's pushed my interest in them title matches for a while. Beating EVIL & SANADA would do the same for them too. I can't say I see many matches beyond the G1 to WK that I think you could make with believable opponents. White is after going 0-3 with his CHAOS team mates so it's only leaves Ibushi & KENTA. Ibushi has lost a few too many key matches this year for me to Ospreay, ZSJ, Naito & KENTA.

So many good matches left. Ishii vs Naito and Shingo vs Moxley are on the next show.

EVIL is quietly killing it, all of his matches so far have been absolute belters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So far behind on this is there anything that should be completely ignored except the obvious fale matches

sky88 wrote: »
    So far behind on this is there anything that should be completely ignored except the obvious fale matches

Don’t skip Fale/Archer, one of the best matches of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Struggling to take Taichi seriously but aside from that it's been a thoroughly enjoyable G1 so far. Mox vs Ishii my favourite match so far.

Moxley has been excellent in the G1 so far, him and Shingo and Naito/Ishii were great matches today. Big matches coming up over the weekend in KENTA/Okada and Naito/Moxley, have a feeling KENTA beats the rainmaker.

Only watched up to Cobb vs White & I wish Moxley would have signed exclusively to New Japan as I'll miss him on the tour loops after the G1. He's certainly delivered so far & made others look foolish, next up for him is Naito.
    Since he's been booked so strong I can nearly see him getting a match with Okada in the next few months, he's not winning but could be an exciting fresh challenger.
    Looking forward to Okada vs KENTA this weekend. I think the latter will appreciate being able to play a heel as some if the fans haven't warmed to him so much.

• Advertisement

SHO, Dragon Lee and TJP announced as the first three entrants in the Super J-Cup. You'd imagine YOH will be involved too.

And apparently it's close to being announced that a working relationship has been set up between MLW and NOAH, which would be pretty cool. Alexander Hammerstone is meant to be heading over to NOAH first, would like to see Muhammad Yone be the first to go in the opposite direction.

Advertisement