Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Pokas wrote: »
    Thank you! I was in Des Kellys Coolmine yesterday and they were really helpful. Will definitely find a good carpenter first and not buy the floor myself.

Don't forget to tell des kelly to bind the edge of your carpet going upstairs (if you wish). The banister is open so you may have a frayed edge on one side if you don't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

We got our floors from woodfloor warehouse. They have some really nice floors, decent prices and many of their floors are 12mm + in thickness. If you want a solid feeling floor to walk on, you're best to make sure its not to thin. Some of our boards got damaged in transit and they also sent out a full box to me promptly without issues. They also stock high quality underlay too.
    Can't recommend a carpenter as I put them down myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pokas

Thank you!

I am not brave enough to DIY the floor... brave or skilled! xD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Manion wrote: »
    Anyone else notice a car clamped on the main road. Great to see the clampers taking on people parking up on footpaths.

You won't be saying that when you see how much those clampers add to your service charge

• Registered Users Posts: 5 insdami

Forumsie wrote: »
    Unless things have changed in the last week then yes, cablewatch is the only option. How are you getting Sky? I thought you needed a phone line for that even with the satelite? We've just signed up to a monthly rolling contract with cablewatch so if you're successful with sky will you let us know? Thanks

Hey Forumsie, how is your experience so far with cablewatch broadband-wise? Eir, Vodafone and Sky are somehow hard to get (We don't have an eircode yet). So I was considering cablewatch who claim to do fiber and 250mb download speed buy nobody has ever heard of them.

• Advertisement

insdami wrote: »
    Hey Forumsie, how is your experience so far with cablewatch broadband-wise? Eir, Vodafone and Sky are somehow hard to get (We don't have an eircode yet). So I was considering cablewatch who claim to do fiber and 250mb download speed buy nobody has ever heard of them.

Experience with broadband is grand, getting speeds of around 30 or 40mbs. (On the Eir mobile broadband I was only getting 1mps so on that basis it's much improved). The Tv leaves alot to be desired but again, better than nothing. It's not the eircode that's preventing you get Sky or vodafone, it's that Eir haven't laid the cables to give you a home phone line with you need to for those other providers. And who knows when that will come. I've just signed a rolling monthly contract, around 75 euro a month I think for broadband and tv

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaffDaff

Pokas wrote: »
    Thank you! I wanted to go yesterday as well but wasn't able to.
    It's hard to be kept in the dark without any information.

We were told by Jason this morning that it could be two weeks before the houses are released for snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jasonelse

Guys! Thanks for all the shared information! Very useful for the new purchaser!
    I have bought the Ash from the last phase and I was told the snagging call should be around the end of Feb to early March.
    I have a question about the Alarm, Can anyone recommend me the alarm company and how much it cost?
    Also, Can anyone please recommend(PM) me a good Snagger which has experience with Royal canal park house(preferable Ash :) )?
    Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gmurali

Hi,

I have noticed that the ceiling light in the Master bedroom for Heron is placed close to the corner rather than to the center of the room. Has anyone managed to move this to the center?

If so any tips\suggestions will be highly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 insdami

Hey guys, has anybody installed a water softener recently?
    I've read in a couple of places that water can be a bit harder compared to other areas.

• Advertisement

gmurali wrote: »
    Hi,

I have noticed that the ceiling light in the Master bedroom for Heron is placed close to the corner rather than to the center of the room. Has anyone managed to move this to the center?

If so any tips\suggestions will be highly appreciated.

I think it's so it's easier to hang lights, they would be very high up if in the centre of the room. We spoke to an electrician and it is a job to move them and we had loads of other jobs so didn't pursue it. We settled with spotlights tilted towards centre. There are loads of other light wires in the room so you wont be stuck. But I couldn't put my intended chandelier type thing over the bed. Probably just as well! Notions!

insdami wrote: »
    Hey guys, has anybody installed a water softener recently?
    I've read in a couple of places that water can be a bit harder compared to other areas.

We got the kenetico system that we saw at ideal homes show. Think it cost around 1600 plus another 200 for drinking water filter tap. Expensive yes, it's meant to be the rolls royce of water softeners and we've had no problems but a cheaper one might be just as good. The water is beautifully soft and there are no limescale marks anywhere. When we first moved in we had to scrub and I mean scrub the lime off the shower doors every week. I don't know if it's an essential item or not but we're happy we got it for the longer term with the A2W heating system and the new appliances etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dlen

Hi all,
    Great forum for the area. We've just put a 5000 euro deposit on a Hazel and are looking for a solicitor anyone used and would recommend for the next stage.
    Many thanks in advance for the pms

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheConnoisseur

Experience with broadband is grand, getting speeds of around 30 or 40mbs. (On the Eir mobile broadband I was only getting 1mps so on that basis it's much improved). The Tv leaves alot to be desired but again, better than nothing. It's not the eircode that's preventing you get Sky or vodafone, it's that Eir haven't laid the cables to give you a home phone line with you need to for those other providers. And who knows when that will come. I've just signed a rolling monthly contract, around 75 euro a month I think for broadband and tv

I get 90Mbps/70Mbps sometimes with a 125Mbps package, it's grand. The guy that installed cablewatch told me they had fiber up to the Management Suite and then coaxial down to your street/house.

Since we are in the CableWatch subject does anyone have your cables hanging after the installation from CableWatch? I asked the dude why was he leaving it like that and he told me Ballymore made a mistake and swapped the panels. It's up to them to fix it.
    I was onto Jason to fix it but he said next week, though 2 weeks are now gone since and still no fix. Just worried that mice get through the panels as they are wide opened with the winter et all. Anyone having the same problem with the panels?

I get 90Mbps/70Mbps sometimes with a 125Mbps package, it's grand. The guy that installed cablewatch told me they had fiber up to the Management Suite and then coaxial down to your street/house.

Since we are in the CableWatch subject does anyone have your cables hanging after the installation from CableWatch? I asked the dude why was he leaving it like that and he told me Ballymore made a mistake and swapped the panels. It's up to them to fix it.
    I was onto Jason to fix it but he said next week, though 2 weeks are now gone since and still no fix. Just worried that mice get through the panels as they are wide opened with the winter et all. Anyone having the same problem with the panels?

Yes our whole block seems to have that problem. We have taped it up with selotape (real classy!) so let us know if Ballymore agree to fix it or find a better solution. I'd be concerned about mice too in the cold weather and I believe there was a post a few weeks ago where someone did have mice in their attic and the pest control guy thought that was how they got in

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

Yes our whole block seems to have that problem. We have taped it up with selotape (real classy!) so let us know if Ballymore agree to fix it or find a better solution. I'd be concerned about mice too in the cold weather and I believe there was a post a few weeks ago where someone did have mice in their attic and the pest control guy thought that was how they got in

What exactly do people mean when they say Ballymore made a mistake and swapped the panels please? What panels is it exactly - Does this relate to what's inthe white boxes at the front of the house near the door?? Thanks to anyone who can elaborate

kj72 wrote: »
    What exactly do people mean when they say Ballymore made a mistake and swapped the panels please? What panels is it exactly - Does this relate to what's inthe white boxes at the front of the house near the door?? Thanks to anyone who can elaborate

Yeah the 2 boxes at the front under the electricity meter. When cablewatch install the broadband they need to pull a cable out of one and put it into the other meaning you can't close the doors. And there are open pipes into the house that are essentially exposed as a little entry point for pests as you cant close the white doors. Also it just looks shoddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi All.

Our caple dishwasher broke yesterday. It drains and fills with water but none of the cleaning cycles start. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

1dav wrote: »
    Hi All.

Our caple dishwasher broke yesterday. It drains and fills with water but none of the cleaning cycles start. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

Try resetting the dishwasher. It's usually holding a combo of buttons for about 20 seconds, details will be in thr manual or Google will help find them. If thst doesn't work, a replacement is needed. Happened to me in my last place, exact same symptoms. Technician said it wasn't worth repairing, just get a new one under warranty.
    Yeah the 2 boxes at the front under the electricity meter. When cablewatch install the broadband they need to pull a cable out of one and put it into the other meaning you can't close the doors. And there are open pipes into the house that are essentially exposed as a little entry point for pests as you cant close the white doors. Also it just looks shoddy!

Vodafone installed our broadband and had no such issues. The broadband /phone line box(bottom box) has a pipe leading to a blank socket inside the front door, should you need to bring cable inside. It was already wired up for us so just connect up outside the door and go. Houses are pretry well catered for in relation to network and internet so I suspect there is a better way of doing what you need, rather than a cable comming out of one box into the other.

Worst case, just bore a hole through, so the cables won't have to be brought outside the boxes at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 1dav

Hi fret_wimp2.
    I tried to restart it. No success.
    Our is out of 2 years warranty unfortunately.

• Advertisement

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

Vodafone installed our broadband and had no such issues. The broadband /phone line box(bottom box) has a pipe leading to a blank socket inside the front door, should you need to bring cable inside. It was already wired up for us so just connect up outside the door and go. Houses are pretry well catered for in relation to network and internet so I suspect there is a better way of doing what you need, rather than a cable comming out of one box into the other.

Worst case, just bore a hole through, so the cables won't have to be brought outside the boxes at all.

I suspect you're an earlier phase than us, there's no vodafone option yet and nothing is wired up already. Also they seem to have mixed up what was to go in each box. I was just so glad to have broadband after 3 months I didn't care. The selotape is only temporary! Well do a permanent solution when we eventually get sky and see way their wires work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I suspect you're an earlier phase than us, there's no vodafone option yet and nothing is wired up already. Also they seem to have mixed up what was to go in each box. I was just so glad to have broadband after 3 months I didn't care. The selotape is only temporary! Well do a permanent solution when we eventually get sky and see way their wires work

Even if it's not Vodafone, they all connect in the same way.
    The only issue I have is the doors on the boxes can fall off bit a bit of duck tape sorts it out.

For us, bottom box has a pipe comming in from the street to being internet. Just hook internet up there and that brings it into the little junction box inside the door. Connecting the wire in the junction box inside the door brings the cable to the utility and from there I can use a simple patch panel to bring internet to all the ports in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi sorry to bring bad news. The new Camden houses are currently on fire. Fire brigade on site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Just passed it on train now. Full of fire engines and the roofs of some of the brand new 3 storey terraced houses fronting the canal being hosed down by fire fighters. Hopefully no-one injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

Hi,

We just went to check, it's a concerning matter for 4 bed ones it seems. The 3 bed seemed OK with electricity in place. They have diverted the road in front of the 4 bed ones. We'll go and check again in half an hour and I'll try to update if we get something out of them.

NC99 wrote: »
    Hi,

We just went to check, it's a concerning matter for 4 bed ones it seems. The 3 bed seemed OK with electricity in place. They have diverted the road in front of the 4 bed ones. We'll go and check again in half an hour and I'll try to update if we get something out of them.

Seems to be just one house and on top floor. No smoke coming from below or neighbouring houses

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

Seems to be just one house and on top floor. No smoke coming from below or neighbouring houses

So we asked the fire brigade personnel, it's 3 houses that have caught fire and it's between the walls of the houses. By the look of it closely, I found the flames coming from the top and not the walls as he said. He didn't answer what caused it and jokingly said 'it was vandalism'. He obviously said 'no I'm joking' later. Pathetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

What do the buyers of those houses do in this situation...so unfortunate. That row will now be delayed another couple of months at least I would say.

Can't even imagine buying a brand new €400,000 house that before you even step foot into it, it has already been through a fire.

Would the bank be happy to provide you a mortgage with that information on the final valuation. Can Ballymore legitimately still sell those houses for the same price?

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    What do the buyers of those houses do in this situation...so unfortunate. That row will now be delayed another couple of months at least I would say.

Can't even imagine buying a brand new €400,000 house that before you even step foot into it, it has already been through a fire.

Would the bank be happy to provide you a mortgage with that information on the final valuation. Can Ballymore legitimately still sell those houses for the same price?

I don't think they're all sold. The show house was back open on Saturday and it said on the website, 4 houses (hazel style) for sale and the 3 bed show house

What's curious to me is how it's still burning, it's been hours and lashing rain. There are now pics of the flames (albeit from a distance) on the facebook page. What could cause a new house to burn like that? There's no fittings or fabric to catch fire and the walls should be fire proof.

Note to self, make a fire plan and buy a few more extinguishers for upstairs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Forumsie wrote:
    What's curious to me is how it's still burning, it's been hours and lashing rain. There are now pics of the flames (albeit from a distance) on the facebook page. What could cause a new house to burn like that? There's no fittings or fabric to catch fire and the walls should be fire proof.

There's plenty of fabric in the form of insulation between all the walls and especially in the roof/attic space.

Advertisement