Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

hello, for those who have broadband, apart from Eir are there any other providers serving RCP now? ...I checked V Media & Sky online and they say that they do supply to RCP....but when I went called to inquire about switching, both companies said that they DO not supply RCP yet....so I am unsure if i am being given the correct information because of what their website says when checking the address. if anybody else has a different provider,can they please let me know which one? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Quick one folks, is the outside heating unit supposed to trickle water? I just got home and the place isn't very warm so went outside to investigate. The fan wasn't on and heard water trickling out of it. There's a drain underneath it so maybe that's normal? The fan just kicked off again there so maybe it's ok and the trickling is because it's very cold this evening?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Forumsie wrote: »
    Quick one folks, is the outside heating unit supposed to trickle water? I just got home and the place isn't very warm so went outside to investigate. The fan wasn't on and heard water trickling out of it. There's a drain underneath it so maybe that's normal? The fan just kicked off again there so maybe it's ok and the trickling is because it's very cold this evening?

Thanks
    It's probably condensation emitted by the heat pump. I think it's pretty normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

dovetail wrote: »
    hello, for those who have broadband, apart from Eir are there any other providers serving RCP now? ...I checked V Media & Sky online and they say that they do supply to RCP....but when I went called to inquire about switching, both companies said that they DO not supply RCP yet....so I am unsure if i am being given the correct information because of what their website says when checking the address. if anybody else has a different provider,can they please let me know which one? :)

You should be able to get Eir, Vodafone or Sky. I'm with Vodafone and get decent speeds, they advertise 100 mbps and i get pretty close to that. Would be nice if virgin media came in but I can't really complain. For anybody considering cablewatch you should do some reading up about them, do a search here on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Forumsie wrote: »

Thanks

We had our annual maintenance a two months ago. I didn't even see any water, but the maintenance guy said there was a leak, which he fixed. He told us to monitor the gauge in the boiler room - the red dial should be close to the black dial. If the red drops close to zero, to call him to check for another leak.

A while ago there was a post with images, detailing how to increase pressure in the heating system again. If you have a leak and heating is not as efficient as before, you can use the instructions as a short term solution until you have someone look at your pump.

• Advertisement

Bruncvik wrote: »
    We had our annual maintenance a two months ago. I didn't even see any water, but the maintenance guy said there was a leak, which he fixed. He told us to monitor the gauge in the boiler room - the red dial should be close to the black dial. If the red drops close to zero, to call him to check for another leak.

A while ago there was a post with images, detailing how to increase pressure in the heating system again. If you have a leak and heating is not as efficient as before, you can use the instructions as a short term solution until you have someone look at your pump.

Thanks Bruncvik, that's a great idea, I might get an early service and that should reveal any problems and stop me speculating. Would you mind pm'ing me the contact details of the guy who did it? Did he charge you extra for fixing the leak or was it part of the service?

I think we might have a different unit than in the earlier phases but I'll have a look back for that detail. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pokas

Hi all,

I searched on the thread and see that someone asked about the measurements of the media room of The Ash, but I believe no one replied so here I go: I am really tempted to take advantage of the January Sale and buy the couch I like, but would like to know the average measurements of the room. Can you fit a 4 seater or will it be too snug?

Thank you! :)

Pokas wrote: »
    Hi all,

I searched on the thread and see that someone asked about the measurements of the media room of The Ash, but I believe no one replied so here I go: I am really tempted to take advantage of the January Sale and buy the couch I like, but would like to know the average measurements of the room. Can you fit a 4 seater or will it be too snug?

3035x2775mm in our house. The shorter side is the one with the door and window. Note that this is wall-to-wall, and make provisions for skirting boards, the radiator and windowsill. I didn't when I designed a media wall for the room and ended up cutting off pieces of the skirting boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Hi all,

I personally think a 4 seater would be too snug.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kj72

Hi, I moved into one of the new Camden houses before Christmas: I'm thinking about going ahead and getting Sky Tv via satellite this week but wanted to check before I do that I definitely cannot get Sky or Virgin piped currently or in the near future and likewise for broadband? Is it definitely the case that cable watch is the only option for Tv/broadband as per previous posts? Seems unreal that this is the only option and just wanted to check before I go ahead with getting sky installed.
    Kj

• Advertisement

kj72 wrote: »
    Hi, I moved into one of the new Camden houses before Christmas: I'm thinking about going ahead and getting Sky Tv via satellite this week but wanted to check before I do that I definitely cannot get Sky or Virgin piped currently or in the near future and likewise for broadband? Is it definitely the case that cable watch is the only option for Tv/broadband as per previous posts? Seems unreal that this is the only option and just wanted to check before I go ahead with getting sky installed.
    Kj

Unless things have changed in the last week then yes, cablewatch is the only option. How are you getting Sky? I thought you needed a phone line for that even with the satelite? We've just signed up to a monthly rolling contract with cablewatch so if you're successful with sky will you let us know? Thanks

You can get sky Tv for normal transmission with just the disk connected to the box i.e. No phone line or broadband needed. You can pause rewind etc. You need the broadband for full functionality like accessing on demand and multi room etc. I've had it for 9 years at previous address without a phone line /broadband and I just checked over on the sky forum here on boards and the responses re this q are as per above.
    I'd prefer not to have the dish though and to have Tv wired but if there are no other options than happy to go with it - had dish at previous address for nine years and always worked etc

You can get sky Tv for normal transmission with just the disk connected to the box i.e. No phone line or broadband needed. You can pause rewind etc. You need the broadband for full functionality like accessing on demand and multi room etc. I've had it for 9 years at previous address without a phone line /broadband and I just checked over on the sky forum here on boards and the responses re this q are as per above.
    I'd prefer not to have the dish though and to have Tv wired but if there are no other options than happy to go with it - had dish at previous address for nine years and always worked etc

Sounds alright, there's no pause or rewind or on demand with cablewatch tv anyway so you're not missing out there! I'm sure proper services will come to us eventually. What are you going to do for broadband in the meantime?

Might do without broadband for now- have enough to do me for occasional work off a hot spot on a phone - have no absolute need fir it right now other than it would be great to be able to get full functionality on the sky and potentially for netflicks etc
    will wait to see what comes along - preference would be to get both Tv and broadband of one provider eventually

Might do without broadband for now- have enough to do me for occasional work off a hot spot on a phone - have no absolute need fir it right now other than it would be great to be able to get full functionality on the sky and potentially for netflicks etc
    will wait to see what comes along - preference would be to get both Tv and broadband of one provider eventually

We prioritsed the broadband as we watch more netflix and chromecast stuff. We also got the now tv stick from Sky so we have the shows. Yeah ultimately we'll hopefully get full sky tv broadband package, be nice to be able to record. I haven't seen ads in ten years until we got the cablewatch tv as it's just live. We could be buy a recording box of some sort but we're not bothering as we're hoping it'll be temporary. Definitely won't go near Eir again after the fiasco with the mobile broadband and Virgin probably won't be here for years as they don't have the infrastructure and they don't rent Eir infrastructure like vodafone and sky do

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Maybe I don’t understand the question properly, but doesn’t Eir, Vodafone and sky provide broadband plus tv through the internet? I know Vodafone are always calling me to offer me tv.

Bruncvik wrote: »
    3035x2775mm in our house. The shorter side is the one with the door and window. Note that this is wall-to-wall, and make provisions for skirting boards, the radiator and windowsill. I didn't when I designed a media wall for the room and ended up cutting off pieces of the skirting boards.

Is there a big difference between phases? I got someone else's measurements and they are quite diferente. I'll prob have to wait and take our measures. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

Has anyone received snag call for the Ash for last phase? I was told it would be around end of January and they'll inform us one week in advance. I had a look at the work on Saturday and it seemed the electrical wiring was in place.

Thanks.

Is there a big difference between phases? I got someone else's measurements and they are quite diferente. I'll prob have to wait and take our measures. :(

I think it would be useful if we made sure we measured the same room. I call the small room on the back of the house the "media room". If you or the other person who gave you measurements consider the front room to be the media room, measures will indeed be wildly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaffDaff

NC99 wrote: »
    Has anyone received snag call for the Ash for last phase? I was told it would be around end of January and they'll inform us one week in advance. I had a look at the work on Saturday and it seemed the electrical wiring was in place.

Thanks.

We were told the same thing and we haven’t heard anything yet. The site manager said it would be the end of January once the ESB had hooked up the electricity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Anyone else notice a car clamped on the main road. Great to see the clampers taking on people parking up on footpaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

For alarms, does anyone have any advice on motion sensors? In the quote I got the price was very reasonable to include them, but some people have said to me that they may be a little annoying and possibly more trouble than they are worth. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I got motion sensors on ground and first floor and I got sensors with a camera which takes photos when they are triggered .

Happy out with them and have had no issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    For alarms, does anyone have any advice on motion sensors? In the quote I got the price was very reasonable to include them, but some people have said to me that they may be a little annoying and possibly more trouble than they are worth. Any thoughts?

Motion sensors are important as they detect someone in the house if they had somehow entered without triggering a window/door contact. If you get an alarm that has multiple partset/zones, you should be fine.
    You can then have a partset turned on (e.g. all doors and contacts only) but still move around in the house as the motion sensors will be disabled.
    It also means you can set some parts of the alarm at night while you sleep and not have to worry about it going off if someone walks into a motion sensor zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

I got motion sensors on ground and first floor and I got sensors with a camera which takes photos when they are triggered .

Happy out with them and have had no issues so far.

slayerking wrote: »
    Motion sensors are important as they detect someone in the house if they had somehow entered without triggering a window/door contact. If you get an alarm that has multiple partset/zones, you should be fine.
    You can then have a partset turned on (e.g. all doors and contacts only) but still move around in the house as the motion sensors will be disabled.
    It also means you can set some parts of the alarm at night while you sleep and not have to worry about it going off if someone walks into a motion sensor zone!

Thanks for the info

Good morning,

Did anyone who bought an Ash on the last phase been contacted? I've emailed Jason and Dona almost 2 weeks ago and didn't hear back. I can't find a phone number to reach them.

On a second note, I've been really studying the floor options and will probably buy the floor and then get a fitter. My main concern is actually finding a good (and not overpriced) carpenter and tiler so I can get the look I am looking for in the kitchen. Can you recommend me:

> A carpenter
    > A tiler
    > Carpet store/fitter

Thank you all! :)
    Have a nice Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

Good morning,

Did anyone who bought an Ash on the last phase been contacted? I've emailed Jason and Dona almost 2 weeks ago and didn't hear back. I can't find a phone number to reach them.

On a second note, I've been really studying the floor options and will probably buy the floor and then get a fitter. My main concern is actually finding a good (and not overpriced) carpenter and tiler so I can get the look I am looking for in the kitchen. Can you recommend me:

> A carpenter
    > A tiler
    > Carpet store/fitter

Have a nice Sunday

Hey,

We haven't been contacted yet, still waiting too. We did go to see the progress yesterday but it seems there's still some work left. The wires were all out from the board so I'm guessing the electricity is still not in place.

NC99 wrote: »
    Hey,

We haven't been contacted yet, still waiting too. We did go to see the progress yesterday but it seems there's still some work left. The wires were all out from the board so I'm guessing the electricity is still not in place.

Thank you! I wanted to go yesterday as well but wasn't able to.
    It's hard to be kept in the dark without any information.

> A carpenter
    > A tiler
    > Carpet store/fitter

Have a nice Sunday[/quote]

I don't have tiles and my carpenter is too busy to take on more work so can't recommend. However, I would suggest that you don't buy either the floor or the tiles yourself. By all means go look and pick it out (our carpenter sent us to floordesign.ie - great selection) but get your carpenter to buy it as he'll get trade prices and the vat on his invoice should only be 13.5% rather than 21% if you buy it yourself. Re carpets - des kelly in coolmine were great

• Advertisement

Thank you! I was in Des Kellys Coolmine yesterday and they were really helpful. Will definitely find a good carpenter first and not buy the floor myself.

Advertisement