Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski Season 2018/2019

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Thanks for the replies... With only a few days this year it was hard to call it quits, eventually did as I went arse over tit one too many times. I thought I had good lenses, i just couldn't see the changing moguls even on regular pistes (a mixture of dark grey sky and snowing at the same time). Can anyone recommend a particular lens type?

for really bad weather I use my low light (orange lens), they are magnetic so easy swapping them on and off

https://www.summitworldwide.eu/product-category/talisman/

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BarryNumber1

Cheers, the Oakleys look worth a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭kal7

I use the orange tint for low light, works best for me.

Sometimes light so flat nothing works for vision, keep knees loose and expect to be in and out front and back door alot.

I will ski terrible light as only get 6 days a year, my wife and most friends call it a day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cheers, the Oakleys look worth a punt

For bad light their Prizm Hi Pink is apparently excellent, i haven't tried it but I have the Rose and the Black lens and very are both very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭fmlarnapairce

gwakamoley wrote: »
    Wow, I'd never heard of those UCPA courses but just looked them up and I'm really impressed!

Really good course, UCPA in Argentiere is a chilled out spot, really well run, great value for money, excellent instruction and gear hire. Can't think of one downside to the place.

would highly recommend for a group or especially if travelling alone.

Conditions in some parts of Chamonix valley so so, slushy as it was pretty hot (factor 30 all the way!), but higher up in grand montets area had good snow in parts off piste and pistes in good nick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

Really good course, UCPA in Argentiere is a chilled out spot, really well run, great value for money, excellent instruction and gear hire. Can't think of one downside to the place.

would highly recommend for a group or especially if travelling alone.

That's awesome, I'll definitely be strongly considering a UCPA course next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭In the wind

a148pro wrote: »
    Never heard of one to be honest - do boarders wear them?

Helmet a good idea certainly

I always wear a back protector, 100% of the time. Protects you from regular falls, going off unseen edges & out of control skiers & boarders creaming into you.

It sounds weird but if you're wearing a back protector & your falling onto your back, you can just commit to the fall & are less likely to incur an injury trying to save yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Hal3000

Just back from Chamonix / Les Houches. Icy slopes at Les Houches. Very fast conditions but still really enjoyable trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭a148pro

I always wear a back protector, 100% of the time. Protects you from regular falls, going off unseen edges & out of control skiers & boarders creaming into you.

It sounds weird but if you're wearing a back protector & your falling onto your back, you can just commit to the fall & are less likely to incur an injury trying to save yourself.

Interesting - and that's skiing, not boarding?

Advertisement