Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

223 ammo

Options
  • 15-10-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

any 50 grain fiocchi 223 out there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

I think i bought them all 😂😂
    But John Lambert has the 50 box of hornady spire in 55gr if they'd work.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭john jameson

I gave back 3 boxes 2 weeks ago the dirty things a riddled with misfiring rounds 2 unused boxes and half a box
    Never agen

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The HP are muck, absolute muck. The V-Max not so bad. not as good as Hornady, but not bad. But the HP. Jesus. In a bolt of semi auto they were dirt and that was when they fired.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

Never had an issue with either. Running in both Bolt and semi auto. Funny how different guns are so fussy

In my tikka 8 twist it's one raggie hole at 100meters but what pissed me off was the misfires the very first round from the first new box was "click" ffs and more followed so I messaged fiocchi to vent my discust and I was told there should be no misfires and I was put in touch with customer service usa division via email after forwarding on pictures and batch no's I was forwarded to fiocchi Italy Riccardo was very sorry to hear of my issue that he told me to send them to agent here to be replaced after 2 phone calls and emails mails later I'm still waiting on refund I don't want them replaced for fear of same ****e if they were exchanged for sako v max arrow head I'd go with that as that is now my go to v max so that's me finished with fiocchi v max 50gr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭grizz7

thanks for info good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swift220

Ive probably fired about 20 so far with no misfires so hopefully i wont have this issue

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭tikkamark

I'd the same issues with the 50gr fiocchi hps in an 1:8 t3 tactical it's usually very unfussy ammo wise but these were something else-not bad at 100y i.e. 3/4" 3 shot group but on testing at 200 and 300 they were struggling to stay on a A4 piece of paper!Probably the worst shooting Ammo I've ever used in it.
    I've about 30 left out of the 50 box and I'd say there only any good for roughly setting a scope

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

Had same experience today with 223 Fiocchi 50gn EPN(ballistic tips) in a Tikka T3x tac.
    Fired 8 rounds, 4 normal, 3 misfired and were fired upon re-cocking, 1 couldn't be fired after multiple attempts.
    I measured the headspace on the one that failed to fire and it is 22thou under the remaining unfired, so the firing pin is not going to take up that slack.
    Disappointing, as the 7 shots were in as tight a group as the rifle is capable of.

Typical when by a find a round that works great and at the right money it let's ya down
    You should inform fiocchi of your findings I could forward on e mails to you if you wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

The 50gr Plastic tipped Fiocchi are quite good accuracy wise but very slow, ~2900fps. In the meantime I prefer the bog standard American Eagle 50grHP ~3200fps or the Rem UMC 50gr HP similar speed. Spent some time last summer with the AE out of a T3 1/8 and my remmy 1/9twist. Both shot well out to 400yds. Even knocked a fox at 360m.
    edi

Advertisement