Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

disco's/nightclubs; an excuse to wear as little as possible?

• 31-10-2004 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

i'v been going out to nightclubs ect. alot lately and iv noticed that they seem to be an excuse for girls to wear as little clothes as possible. i mean we all like to dress up to go out but i personally like to look classy and not trashy. girls who wear very reavealing clothing are seen in a different light and give off the wrong impression. you can look just as sexy in something that has you covered up but shows your figure as you can in something that shows all your assets. Girls, please leave something to the imagination!

do you think it give's off the wrong impression guys?? im a girl and i think it does.
    Post edited by Twee. on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭chizzle dizzle

Ye I agree. I go out to nightclubs and disco's whatever you want to call them and you see some girls wearing basically a piece of cloth covering their bust and a belt as a skirt. A lot of guys see these types of girls as easy catches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

A lot of guys see these types of girls as easy catches

That's because plenty of them are. I know there's a group who argue that girls should be able to wear whatever they like without repercussions. But it's hard to believe they don't know what message they're broadcasting.

I guess alot of them like the attention and some like making their intentions clear.

Not that I'm not all for it :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*shrug*

can't say it does much for me, but there's no reason why they shouldn't be allowed wear what they want. Nightclubs (alcahol serving nightclubs anyway) are often about quick and easy sexual encounters, "going on" with someone or having a nice one night stand.. these kind of clothes are both suggestive (which is what alot/some of these girls are going for I assume) and easier to throw onto the floor in the drunken throes of passion. They are both attractive (clearly) and practical and if that is what those girls are going for, then they're doing the right thing.
    I'm sure some of the girls who like to dress revealingly are sometimes angered/disturbed by the attention they receive from their male counterparts in nightclubs but honestly.. what do you expect? Drunk men + not many clothes on women = horny drunk men.

horny drunk men.. .well.. they're horny, drunk.. and above all.. men :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i agree with most of that Mordeth....

I think that some good looking girls with fine figures often wear clothes that are way to revealing and as a consequence don't look as good as they should....it's hard to explain this without coming across as a prat. :D

for example, exposed bellies: some girls have normal stomachs which are a bit soft...these can often look quite bad as they poke over the really tight skirts and tight tops, that seem to be envogue at the moment. So rather than thinking what a fine stomach a girl has, your noticing it for the wrong reasons.....

what we consider "attractive" in a woman is nothing more than social pressure (even if you do go for women who are.. not the norm, you are who you are because.. it's the way we made you :) ) .. what has been considered attractive has changed and changed, and changed again as time passed.. case in point.. big arses on women seem to be back in fashion (thank you Jennifer lopez?) in certain parts of the world, and there seems to be a slight rebellion against the idea that the perfect woman is a tiny woman (that stupid oil of ulay ad "well, it wouldn't be much challenging testing our firming crean on size 6 models".. makes you wonder why they were doing it for so long before this.. or does it?). Another case to consider... the eighties :)

• Advertisement

I can but totally agree....especially the 80's :D

go on the Big hair!!!LH1B2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

golden gal wrote:
    i'v been going out to nightclubs ect. alot lately and iv noticed that they seem to be an excuse for girls to wear as little clothes as possible. i mean we all like to dress up to go out but i personally like to look classy and not trashy. girls who wear very reavealing clothing are seen in a different light and give off the wrong impression. you can look just as sexy in something that has you covered up but shows your figure as you can in something that shows all your assets. Girls, please leave something to the imagination!

do you think it give's off the wrong impression guys?? im a girl and i think it does.

I wouldn't care about what impression clothes make in terms of "morality" in this case but, as other people have stated, many scantily dressed people would look better if they left more to the imagination. Another thing that amazes me is how you see women going around in these scanty outfits after clubs close as if warm winter coats had not yet been invented - have they no nervous systems?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

golden gal wrote:

What's the wrong impression defined as. I can guarantee they're giving off the impression they want to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

i tend to have a general rule there by you can wear a slutty skirt or a slutty top but never both togeather , to be fair most fellas i go out with drinking now not as f*k buddies or whatever will go for the most fleshy girl they see , personally i think it depends on how its pulled off ,
    to be honest if the only way you can get a fella is by showing em everything you have before they even embaress thereself with some chat up line good go with that ,
    its up to the person i suppose , myself im more concerned with the smells going around night clubs these days ,
    sure if all else fails a quiet night in with your good frend jack daniels is on the cards , :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I agree with golden gal and chizzle dizzle, for once. And if you dress like that, boys don't have respect for you, you're just seen as easy. It's pretty much the unwritten rule that you can wear a slutty top or belt skirt, but not together. That's just thrashy, you have to leave something to the imagination!

• Advertisement

I agree with golden gal and chizzle dizzle, for once. And if you dress like that, boys don't have respect for you, you're just seen as easy.

Meh, who cares. I see nothing wrong with being promiscuous once you take steps to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Meh. Personally I would find girls who wear less more intimidating. I think its mostly because, *ahem* those type of girls tend to be more aggressive (they are most of the time only after one thing)

I don't find it overly attrative either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Personally I think its great, its survival of the fittest. You should show your belly, its so attractive, but if your belly hangs over your jeans/skirt then dont. Im sorry to say we just laugh at you. Picture the gay guy in little britan with the thight top on. Thats how attractive you look. Although in saying I like a girl who shows it off a bit, I have to say when a girl is wearing jeans and a top with ever so shlight mid riff on show it is so sexy. I saw a woman in the bank yesterday with tightish trousers and a woolyish jumper on with a tiny bit of midriff on show and I thought it was perfect.

narommy wrote:
    I've never seen skimpy outfits in clubs or pubs. Where have ye seen this?

:D
    Its illegal in Kildare.
    And rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ravenhead

Yeah have to agree here, I mean if a girl thinks that she has to go out wearing as little as possible to get a fella's attention, then mores the fool her! :rolleyes:
    I think if you want to dress to impress going out, then don't go out like everyother sadcase that things that tits & arse all over the place is the best way to get attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

ban them i say, the dirty little vixens, duffel coats should be handed out at the doors and the fake tan power washed from their milk bottle skin.

I like my beer cold, and my women pale!

narommy wrote:

Have you ever been to Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

i think its fine to wear what you want as long as you know the consequences.
    personally, i'll dress up like that every now and again for fun, but its too much bloody effort to do it every weekend, and at the end of the day you get all the wrong men coming on to you for all the wrong reasons. yeah its nice to look good, but when everyone just thinks your easy cause of it, its a pain in the ass.

• Advertisement

Seraphina wrote:
    yeah its nice to look good, but when everyone just thinks your easy cause of it, its a pain in the ass.

too....many...jokes..... :confused:

Sorry. :o

But seriously, i do think girls should feel comfortable wearing whatever the hell they like....it's just other people always judge you based on your appearance. :rolleyes:

Well in my opinion girls who say that they are comfortable wearing a tight top and a short belt skirt must be of their rocker! I mean you go out there dressing for one thing only and that is to get bloody attention, face it!

Then there are those pathetic girls who say that they are fed up of getting attention. well if you are so fed up of it just stop wearing your skimpy clothes or just go to your local. Problem solved!

By all means make an effort when going out but dress classy and not trashy. We all dont want to see your assests you know including guys.

yea totlally agree chizzle dizzle the rest of us dont wanna be lookin at some young ones bits all night , if thats the only way you can get a fella like , im sorry but its a sad state of affairs .

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭golden gal

" i do think girls should feel comfortable wearing whatever the hell they like"

this is a fair point but tell me how is wearing a belt sized skirt comfortable? yuo cant bend over cuz people can see your ass and its freezing! i like to look nice but when i wear skirts (which is usually what i wear going out) i have a bit of pride and i leave something to the imagination!!

maybe they have an exhibitionist streak?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you think?!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

All good looking girls are really really big headed, some of them hide it well....others dont.

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    yea totlally agree chizzle dizzle the rest of us dont wanna be lookin at some young ones bits all night , if thats the only way you can get a fella like , im sorry but its a sad state of affairs .

ye I agree Oldyellar, we dont want to be looking at young ones bits all night. Its mingen! Cover up for gods sake and stop showing everything you have just to get some male attention. Its your problem if you cant get attention so stop subjecting the rest or us to your assests. I pitty you if you feel the need to flaunt what you have to get guys to notice you.
    SAD IS WHAT YOU ARE!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lady^Jane

The thing I don't understand is..why do these kind of ppl would ever want to just go to nightclubs or disco just for the sake of giving the impression that they are cheap and just wanna have a one night stand..dont they have any respect for themselves..I mean whats so great of getting that kind of attention..and the thought of you have to where those kind of clothes than only you can get attention is way to sad..shish! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

well where else are they to go if they want one night stands?

if they stand around the street asking politely, they'd get arrested.

Mordeth wrote:
    well where else are they to go if they want one night stands?

if they stand around the street asking politely, they'd get arrested.

I guess so..but why one nite stand??!!..isn't that like degrading yourself.like why cant they just go and have a proper r.ship and have fun with it and probably get all the nites to themselves rather then go down that road..if you know what i mean..i dunno bout other ppl..but i wouldn't want to be treated that way or let myself be treated that way..

I agree Lady^Jane, I certainly wouldn't want to go to a nightclub just to get a one night stand. I would go looking classy and not go showing everything of my body. I would go with the intention of having a laugh with my friends and if I got male attention, well, well and good but I would'nt go with the intention of pulling a fella for a one night stand.
    Also some girls go to nightclubs wearing next to nothing just for a fella to buy them drinks for the night because they didn't bother bringing money and thats all they want from the guys, is for them to buy them drink. At the end of the night they'll say "see ye later"and move on to pull the next guy to buy them drink. Cheapskates!! Have some independence girls and grow up a a bit.

as long as there are drunk men willing to buy them drinks they will continue to do it. it's like.. a part of nature.

Ye but seriously come on, girls that do that are so immature. But maybe when they get a reality check in life they will then realise just how stupid they are.
    Maybe, just maybe they will grow up.

I agree with you chizzle..hopefully they get to realise it soon!!..and not too late..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Leave more to the imagination. You might just get rid of the attentions of those charmless folks who don't have any imagination.

Lady^Jane wrote:
    I guess so..but why one nite stand??!!..isn't that like degrading yourself.like why cant they just go and have a proper r.ship and have fun with it and probably get all the nites to themselves rather then go down that road..if you know what i mean..i dunno bout other ppl..but i wouldn't want to be treated that way or let myself be treated that way..

well I'm told sex is great fun, so naturally alot of people would want to do it as often as possible. Often without the emotional baggage that comes along with relationships, sex is just sex and if people want just sex they should be able to get just sex, without having to be labelled as sluts or "whatever" because they enjoy what is a very natural and (woefully) energetic act.
    I'd imagine too that most people who have these controversial "One night stands" would prefer not to become involved romantically with the one night standee, hence the... one night element of the stand. There's nothing wrong with wanting sex, whatever the pope might try to say.

chizzle and lady jane.. you both seem to have certain.. moral issues and judgements made already about the "types" of girls that do this. That kinda thing is dangerous.. just because you don't agree with it or understand it doesn't mean that it's wrong. This catholic idea that sex is something only for couples/married-couples is... outdated, to say the least. Let the masses shag.. just educate the idiots about birth control and sexual disease.

Anyhoo, this is slightly off topic.. but as I'm one of the few people on boards who can edit posts on this forum, I doubt much is going to get done about it.

(you plebs better keep near enough to the topic however... )

Well if people want one night stands they should be be very clear that they could catch some disease and there could be terrible consiquences from that one night of pleasure.
    I dont have a problem with people having sex and that catholic law is definately outdated. Sex its a natural part of life but people that are in a relationship: marraige and boyfriend and girlfriend should have sex and not just this one night stand thing

The girls that have one night stands will think its fine and what harm can be done, I'm just having fun, but then when something does happen they will just go looking for people to help them and look for moral support when in the first place this was all their falt because they didnt take heed of the consequences. This happens a lot more than you may think, I've heard hundreds of stories of unfortunate girls that this has happend to and yet at the time they didn't think. They went out looking completely available with their short skirts and skimpy tops looking for a guy to pull.

Well if people want one night stands they should be be very clear that they could catch some disease and there could be terrible consiquences from that one night of pleasure.

There could be terrible consequences from my crossing the road to buy milk tomorrow morning, but I have been brought up with an education regarding the dangers of crossing the road and I always look left/right before doing so. Nothing in life is without risk. This is one of the reasons for condoms. If people choose not to wear condoms, and the girl gets pregnant (or either of them gets an infection) then it's her/his fault. As adults we should be prepared to deal with the consequences of our actions.
    Sex its a natural part of life but people that are in a relationship: marraige and boyfriend and girlfriend should have sex and not just this one night stand thing

um... why? Like I said earlier, alot of people don't want to be in relationships but still want to have sex. It is in their own best interests to use the proper protective methods and to keep themselves healthy. Sadly alot of people are ****ing morons.
    The girls that have one night stands will think its fine and what harm can be done, I'm just having fun, but then when something does happen they will just go looking for people to help them and look for moral support when in the first place this was all their falt because they didnt take heed of the consequences.

Again, condoms. Sexual education, blah blah blah. A girl who goes out shagging all willy nilly without using protection and then gets pregnant as a result of this willy nillific shagging is a moron. I'm not sure anyone is disputing that point. The point is that if people use the proper protective measures available to them there is no good reason why they should not be free to have sex with whichever consenting partner they wish. That being said, everything in moderation ;)
    This happens a lot more than you may think, I've heard hundreds of stories of unfortunate girls that this has happend to and yet at the time they didn't think. They went out looking completely available with their short skirts and skimpy tops looking for a guy to pull.

what about the girls who go out wearing "proper" clothing and still pull lads and sleep with them and get pregnant? Don't judge a book by it's cover, etc etc etc. Tbh, you just sound jealous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

golden gal wrote:

When I had a good figure as an 18 year old I used to wear "very revealing clothing" I didn't give a blind f**k what fellas or girls like you thought about me! I always took good care of myself and had a cracking good time, and never once went home with or got sh*gged by "some guy" or anything like that. By the time I turned 19 I was twelve and a half stone and looked a state so turned to wearing baggy pants like dungarees bottoms and t-shirts out. Surprise surprise the same kinda guys cracked on to me.
    I've lost weight since but I don't think i'll never get back the confidence I had. I'm glad I had the chance to show off my body in a way that I felt comfortable with. Even if everyone thought i looked sh*te, I felt good and had a great time ... regardless of what guys stood at the bar discussing how slutty I must be or girls huddled in the toilets making snide comments about how I look think. I think everyone should wear what makes them FEEL good. If they wanna wear "revealing" outfits, let 'em! I'd never begrudge any girl that freedom I only wish I could go back and do it again!

• Advertisement

OLDYELLAR wrote:

Don't look then, God knows I don't give a rat's b*llix what anyone else is wearing when I'm out having a good time! Just relaaaxxxxx kiddies.

hard not to look when someone has a spare tyre hanging out over there painted on jeans , .

Mordeath, I'm certainly not jelous and dont use that excuse for me giving my opinion. Its so pathetic. There is nothing to be jelous of for God sake. These girls just look like slags so why would I be envious? I'm sorry but its not my style. I have a good figure but use it to my advantage and make myself look classy with what I have and flaunt it in a good way and believe it or not I get guys comming up to me too.

Would you like if your girl friend wore next to nothing when going out and all the guys wanting a shag off her and giving her all the attention?Then you can get jelous.
    But dont call me jelous, you have no idea of how I look when going out so dont jump to conclusions. Im the girl you would want to bring home to your parents not some trampish looking girl you find in a nightclub throwing herself at every male or female for that matter if she swings that way too!

Mordeath, I'm certainly not jelous and dont use that excuse for me giving my opinion. Its so pathetic. There is nothing to be jelous of for God sake. These girls just look like slags so why would I be envious? I'm sorry but its not my style. I have a good figure but use it to my advantage and make myself look classy with what I have and flaunt it in a good way and believe it or not I get guys comming up to me too.

Would you like if your girl friend wore next to nothing when going out and all the guys wanting a shag off her and giving her all the attention?Then you can get jelous.
    But dont call me jelous, you have no idea of how I look when going out so dont jump to conclusions. Im the girl you would want to bring home to your parents not some trampish looking girl you find in a nightclub throwing herself at every male or female for that matter if she swings that way too!

I think a picture of you in your going out gear is the only solution!!! ;)

Well , and please don't read this as being a bitchy comment for I am genuinely curious, if you dress so well, have such a good figure and get all the lads, Why do you give a sh*t what anyone else is doing??? Like I said earlier I don't!! I've lived both lives! And I still don't give a rats ass. Why is everyone so hung up on what others are doing? If you're not jealous, why are you rattled? Why does it bother you at all?

Oh and FYI kids, just because a girl is wearing "trampy" clothes doesn't mean she is on the pull or looking for fellas to buy her drink. God knows I never was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well me personnally:

ok i'd be lying if i said i wore skimpy tight tops purely for comfort but another reason is i like to dance a lot, any time i wear a long sleeved top i only end up taking it off... thus usually were a t-shirt or vest out.

oh and, if you got it, flaunt it baby ;)

yeah but you *are* a slutty tramp az :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,319 ✭✭✭Ardent

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    Oh and FYI kids, just because a girl is wearing "trampy" clothes doesn't mean she is on the pull or looking for fellas to buy her drink. God knows I never was.

I'm sure that's the case with many ladies, if that's the right term to use. But, personally, I see some girls with practically nothing on and I think it's a bit sad.

Out of interest, seeing as you can speak from experience, what is the motivation for girls to dress like you used to? God knows there has to be some reason, otherwise you'd have dressed in baggy jeans and t-shirts back then like you do know. Was it the attention you got, did you enjoy the leering?

I think myself, in the majority of cases, it probably has something to with approaching the latter stages of teenage life and having this compulsion to show, in a misguided way, how "grown up" they are.

Ardent wrote:
    Out of interest, seeing as you can speak from experience, what is the motivation for girls to dress like you used to?

Narcissism is a powerful force...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement