Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rage Against the Machine - Sep 4th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

My apologies, Im specificly refering to the hipsters+w@nks who do go, not the people who generaly attend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭Stillill42

No offence taken. The spread of acts and genres is huge. Heavy rock is probably a bit under represented, although 5 or 6 of the Sunstroke acts were in Stradbally last year, Heavy Lungs, Thumper, the Scratch, Vulpynes etc. I wouldn't have thought the announcement of RATM heralds a new dawn for them. I know plenty of EP regulars that are delighted with that announcement. Still room for the ****. That's ok. It's a big place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

There's another gig too, Vienna, Austria on the 12th.

It's a Saturday and their own gig not a festival. That's probably where I'll head then.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jasminecat

Hi, for US shows, does anyone have experience buying tickets? Is it just through Ticketmaster? Can purchase tickets from outside the country? Gonna try fir new york tickets so I guess I try at 11am new york time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Jasminecat wrote: »
    Hi, for US shows, does anyone have experience buying tickets? Is it just through Ticketmaster? Can purchase tickets from outside the country? Gonna try fir new york tickets so I guess I try at 11am new york time?

Might be a different ticket site like axs etc, I'd suss out who is selling these and have your account registered first, been to plenty of gigs in states booking tix here beforehand no bother, a lot let you collect at box office, flashseats is a new seller too and all you bring is the card you booked the tix with, it's swiped at the door and in you go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Bowlardo wrote: »
    This absolute bull**** . They should be playing their own gig

They are mainly interested in making as much money as possible, not performing for fans.
    LillySV wrote: »
    Ratm really taking the fight to the rich here alright....

Tickets last time they played were close to €100, and that was ten years ago during a recession.
    Stillill42 wrote: »
    I think your analysis is premature and a bit naive. Have you been to EP lately?

Díckhead count gets higher every year, and my tolerance also decreases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Jasminecat wrote: »

If you go to ticketmaster.com and set up an account. I've an account there I've bought tickets with before. I can see the count down for ratm NY tickets when I go on there now.

Songkick is handy to see what outlets are selling tickets. Just showing as ticketmaster for ratm NY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    If you go to ticketmaster.com and set up an account. I've an account there I've bought tickets with before. I can see the count down for ratm NY tickets when I go on there now.

Songkick is handy to see what outlets are selling tickets. Just showing as ticketmaster for ratm NY

Thanks for posting this. Never realised you needed a Ticketmaster account for each country. Madness

Paris tickets are on sale there now, €69 or €49 student.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I'd be surprised if they did day tickets for the Friday. Its absolute chaos that day with most people arriving. Then its all the knack bags who will buy a day pass and sneak into the campsites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Korvanica wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if they did day tickets for the Friday. Its absolute chaos that day with most people arriving. Then its all the knack bags who will buy a day pass and sneak into the campsites.

Not going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Not going to happen

100%

I even hate that they have the Sunday tickets. Place is full of enough picknick dickheads already. :cool:

Slane would have been great for RATM, however I'm unsure if they'd fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Korvanica wrote: »
    100%

I even hate that they have the Sunday tickets. Place is full of enough picknick dickheads already. :cool:

Slane would have been great for RATM, however I'm unsure if they'd fill it.

A double header with Pearl jam would fill it.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

Anybody here have any experience of Lollapollosa Berlin?

Rage playing it on 1st Sept.

Could be a good option.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I'm in the ticketmaster queue to get tickets to Rage and Run The Jewels here in Winnipeg. OMFG! 2 bucket-list items ticked off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Electric Picnic? More like Dickhead Picnic. No thanks ratm.

ah the Dicknic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Anyone get lucky today? Was hoping for Prague but ended up with Vienna. Can’t wait to see them again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Anyone get lucky today? Was hoping for Prague but ended up with Vienna. Can’t wait to see them again!

Got screwed with Prague through ticketmaster. Had them in the basket but couldn't click through to complete the order. A friend got some through more dubious sites for a bit more so guess I'm still going. Whether we get in or not is another question :D

I'm in for Vienna. Apparently its sold out and some had a nightmare but I had no issues getting tickets, was going for standing but splashed out and got "front stage" which I presume is the pit.

Still tickets for Paris there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

I'm in for Vienna. Apparently its sold out and some had a nightmare but I had no issues getting tickets, was going for standing but splashed out and got "front stage" which I presume is the pit.

Still tickets for Paris there too.

I couldn’t get the site to translate to English which was a bit of fun... tried for the front of stage but just got normal standing in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Kind of tried to get some for Vancouver but gave in pretty quickly. Not too bothered, would actually be more interested in Run The Jewels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

I can't square off RATM (and their lyrical content) playing at EP, what with the large cost of tickets for said festival. Damned if they do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Granadino wrote: »
    I can't square off RATM (and their lyrical content) playing at EP, what with the large cost of tickets for said festival. Damned if they do....

Well they are also playing Coachella which is owned by a right-wing, homophobic, climate-change denier. I read something where Tom Morello said something a long the lines of they don't like playing these kinds of festivals but feel like they have to in order to reach new audiences and convert people to the cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Well they are also playing Coachella which is owned by a right-wing, homophobic, climate-change denier. I read something where Tom Morello said something a long the lines of they don't like playing these kinds of festivals but feel like they have to in order to reach new audiences and convert people to the cause.

At Coachella ? Hahahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dealerz2.0

I got two tickets to the Kraków gig- complete spur of the moment/midlife crisis decision!!- saw them in the Tivoli many many moons ago.

Need to convince either my wife or a mate to go now- or will sell one on line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

fillup wrote: »
    Anybody here have any experience of Lollapollosa Berlin?

Rage playing it on 1st Sept.

Could be a good option.

Line up was announced yesterday I noticed. RATM unique to the line up it appears as they'll be playing alongside Miley Cyrus,Deichkind,You Me At Six & Walking on Cars among others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Yeah morello is a bit of an idiot I'd say

Yeah as a musical talent I very much appreciate but always struck me as a bit of bluffer when it came to social issues, a tool for self serving promotion but likely none too plussed.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭fillup

Line up was announced yesterday I noticed. RATM unique to the line up it appears as they'll be playing alongside Miley Cyrus,Deichkind,You Me At Six & Walking on Cars among others.

Unfortunately I had a rush of blood and bought a Sunday tick n booked flights before the lineup came out

Austrian efficiency has these in my letterbox this morning

jvjkvzn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Austrian efficiency has these in my letterbox this morning

Where's the best place to get tickets for this? Viagogo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭endainoz

Where's the best place to get tickets for this? Viagogo?

If you're rich

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dealerz2.0

Have they confirmed European dates are going ahead in late 2022? I saw they’ve confirmed the American dates

Dealerz2.0 wrote: »
    Have they confirmed European dates are going ahead in late 2022? I saw they’ve confirmed the American dates

Nothing yet.

EU dates announced again now. No Ireland.

That's that then.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bit surprised no irish date tbh, as they've pretty much done the same locations as the 2020 tour??? Still holding out on a 5% change they are in the next EP announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

I thought they had rescheduled for EP for Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Anti capitalist band making fans pay festival prices for the chance to see them live🤦‍♂️

Who cares ,they’re amazing live ,I’d pay festival price to see them!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It would actually work out better price wise for a fan to see them at a festival so they get RATM and numerous other bands 🤔🤔

Careful your ruining the narrative, obviously rage pocket all the money. 😂

Wrong. Playing almost exclusively on the Festival circuit makes them inaccessible to fans who just want to see their favourite band live. You know this to be true so why argue against it?

You're confused. Its about making the fan buy a festival priced ticket , plus the excess of travel , camping etc. These festival grounds are off the grid and not as easy to reach as a gig in the city centre. Not everybody can pack up for a weekend just to see one band.

If I had to guess why they chose to play festivals rather than bring their show directly to their fans , its because they are probably paid more headline festivals. This makes them hypocrites and exposes their anti capitalist message as a gimmick.

You’d be surprised by how small a percentage of takings very little artists would get,only at major ,major festival ,would acts get around 35% of gate receipts and that’s subject to the billing and the popularity of the act as well hence in this case makes more sense for RATM to do stand alone tours ,revenue wise

• Advertisement

That's nice dear. Now consider this. People stopped listening to Rage at 13 years old. They haven't released music in 20 years. Very little , if any of their headline shows in US and Canada sold out. Doing the festival rounds insure they have a full audience and guaranteed pay packet.

There's no guarantee they sell out arenas around Europe. Very unlikely id imagine so they'd have to play smaller venues for lower reward. They are following the money by playing big cooperate backed commercial festivals. Which is fine , however it cheats their fans and exposes their whole identity as a gimmick.

You came to the defence of Rage playing festivals over headline shows, why? Have you forgotten the only Irish date they were scheduled to play was at Electric Picnic? A festival that sells out in minutes and one whose attendees wouldn't have cared about RGAM in the slightest. I wonder why they weren't re-added? The point is playing that festival made the band inaccessible to Irish fans. Go back and read the thread from page 1 to see what everyone thought about Rage playing EP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Nugget89

"That's nice dear"

No need to be a condescending tool. As an EP regular I was delighted with that original announcement. Shame they weren't re-added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Nugget89

Yeah me too, page 1 of this thread was full of salty people. I believe we were referred to as "picnic wànkers", got a good laugh out of that and the idea that rage wouldn't sell out headline shows themselves in mid to large sized arenas in Europe is pretty laughable.

Edit: they called us "dickhead picnicers" which was also quite hilarious

• Advertisement
Advertisement